Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 Budget FY2011
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  07:18:12 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a Budget meeting tonight at 6:00PM.

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  09:29:45 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
May 19, 2010 @ 6:00pm Committee of a Whole on 2011 Budget. The proposed budget can be viewed on the cities website here

You must be logged in to see this link.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  9:21:54 PM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah and our great councillors and alderman did no cuts can I get a job at 70K the new jill position, and colleen asking for two more lawyers as we all know she can't do the job at all
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  8:25:58 PM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
been watching the hears since 6 still on zanaboni the mayor has threaten the members to not pick up trash add more taxes all because he wants to get this employee at 100K you have to see it, to long time for a new mayor, but Joe Mc brought up a great point last year he had 51 employees in city services not he has 59 and not once was rosa's husband name mention everyone else but him interesting
Go to Top of Page

italianmoe

32 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  10:44:16 PM  Show Profile Send italianmoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a disgrace tonight. Zanaboni couldn't even answer one question. They should take him off the payroll and add the others. I won't say there was bold face lieing going on, but a lot of ommissions and a lot of avoiding the answers went on. If the taxpayers only knew the truth they would be up in arms with the City Services budget, too bad none of the Everett papers will tell the truth. I guess it is all about the money, they tell the truth they don't get adds. Oh well another year of fiscal mismanagement at City Services. How they let all those raises get in and not know that the department is seriously over budget is a sin. Our elected officials should be better informed.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  5:55:50 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Committee of the Whole on Budget

May 19th, 25th and 26th, 2010

The Committee of the Whole on the Budget met on Wednesday – May 19th, Tuesday – May 25th, and
Wednesday – May 26th, 2010.

The meetings were presided over by Alderman Robert Van Campen and Councilor Rosa DiFlorio. There were quorums present at all meetings. The attendance of the City Council was recorded at each meeting and the roll call sheets are attached for the record. All Budget meetings were audio taped and video taped for the record.

Mayor Carlo DeMaria, Budget Director Laureen Chapman, City Auditor Larry DeCoste and Personnel Director Robert Joy were present at all meetings.

The Committee interviewed every Department in the City, including the School Department, and examined each Department’s budget, line item by line item, and followed up with a question and answer period. Representatives of each Department were present for the proceedings.

At the conclusion of the Budget proceedings the Committee recommended that the FY11 Annual Appropriation Bill be amended by voting in favor of reducing or cutting the following line items in the Budget:

Assessor - 01-141-25-142-5301 Professional Develop $65,000
Cont Approp - 01-001-99-152-5151 Employee leave buyback $20,000
Cont Approp - 01-001-99-170-5700 Charter Commission $10,000
City Services - 01-490-20-490-5298 Hazardous Waste Coll $8,000
City Services - 01-490-20-490-5297 Recyclables Disposal $10,000
City Services - 01-490-18-490-5536 Road Salt $95,000
City Services - 01-490-17-490-5541 Center Line X-Wlk mark $100,000
City Services - 01-490-10-490-5111 Salaries $80,000

The Committee, after further discussion, concluded that there were no other areas of the budget, as submitted by the Mayor, that should be cut and that they were prohibited by statute from adding on.

The Committee then recommended that the Fiscal year 2011 Annual Appropriation Bill (Budget) submitted by His Honor Mayor Carlo DeMaria in the sum $139,387,593.00 be passed by Order hereto attached as amended by the Committee by reducing $388,000.00 from the budget sum submitted.

Accordingly, the Committee voted: To report back to the City Council with a recommendation for favorable action on the FY 11 Budget as submitted by the Mayor as amended by the Committee in the
revised sum of $138,999,593.00.

Respectfully Submitted,
John W. Burley
Clerk of Committees
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  10:07:09 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like our tax rate will be increasing again.
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  3:31:37 PM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would say YES to that one, and rents will be going sky high, so lets camp out on Belmont Street when we are all homeless, and send a message to the new pool being built.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  8:09:50 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am really disappointed with five out of the seven members of the BOA. You would have thought that they would take the taxpayers into consideration. When is enough, enough for those five. Do they want to see people losing their homes?

The Common Council is even worse....time to vote most of our elected officials out of office.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  9:41:40 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See....this is my problem with the charter commission.

We must go to a unicameral government and regardless of what else they propose. If unicameral government is written in it, then I have to vote for change. If we vote no, I think the earliest to consider this again is 2018. Look at all that taxpayer money that will be getting thrown out the window. Just wait until we get the taxbills and think about it.

Not to mention...the majority on that branch are nothing more than the mayors hacks.

I agree with Mr. Lozzi's articles but we must look at the charter as a whole (unfortunately)

The common council has proven they are a waste of time and money and do nothing else but slow progress. They are certainly not there for the taxpayer. I shouldn't say "they" but there are one or two that are alright.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  9:58:46 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know Tails, I would find it very hard to vote for a four year term for mayor. If the Charter Commission wants their recommendations to pass, I hope they rethink this four year term thing. Everyone I have talked to said they couldn't support it.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  10:03:42 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know......I'm not happy about it at all. The only thing that I can think of is people go in numbers to the meetings and speak and tell the commission that all their work will be in vain. That is not what the people want or "wanted" obviously. Only we can change their minds. I'm sure the mayor was pleased with that.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  10:42:23 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be honest with you, my opinion on the 4 year term has nothing to do with any past, present or future mayors. I was one of those voters to vote against a four year term and I still have not changed my mind about that. For me, giving any mayor a four year term is heading for trouble. That's just my opinion. I think all our elected officials need to be accountable to the voters every two years. I feel more strongly about this issue than I do about a unicameral form of government. The voters spoke on this issue and that vote should not be ignored. I am beginning to regret my vote to form the Charter Commission.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2