Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 coyotes at the maddy english
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Linda M

43 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  12:09:02 PM  Show Profile Send Linda M a Private Message  Reply with Quote
EVERETT, Mass. -- A father and son were out for a walk when they say coyotes closed in on them.

Three coyotes apparently started circling Anthony Laurenza and 7-year-old Anthony Laurenza Jr. while they were walking their dog in an open field.

Anthony Laurenza had let their Pomeranian, Sunny, off the leash while his son rode a bike.

“This coyote came running and then another coyote coming... towards my dog,” said the father.

He quickly grabbed both his son and their dog, lifting up the pair.

“Then, they were just circling me. There were three of them all together. They were circling around, and I was just going, ‘Ahh!’" said Anthony Laurenza.

There was a large coyote and two smaller ones, according to Anthony Laurenza. He says all were skinny.

‘They were going to attack Sunny, and I thought they were going to attack me and Daddy,” said Anthony Laurenza Jr.

They made it out of the park, while the coyotes followed at a distance. By the time the father called police, the coyotes had disappeared. Police told the father they couldn’t track the trio, because the coyotes are natural animals in the wild.

Coyotes rarely attack humans but often go after small pets.

“We won’t be letting the dog off the leash down here again,” said Anthony Laurenza.

The family says they have never seen coyotes before, although sightings in the area apparently are on the rise.

(Copyright (c) 2010 Sunbeam Television
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2