Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 City Hall
 Ethics
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2010 :  5:40:50 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was reading Topix and came across a post that I found interesting. I am posting it here for those of us who do not read Topix.

"Compile a list of Ethics Violations and keep submitting them until you get answers. There were a few people that attempted to do so, but was reported to the State as ex-disgruntled employees, and not to be taken seriously...so the State never stepped in. In the case of different private citizens contacting DEP over Wood Waste, the DEP could no longer ignore the situation and had to get off their asses and do some work.

If you can get an elected official to report these ethics violations to the state, they will be taken serious. Problem is no one wants to put their name out there and if they do, they get profiled a trouble maker by the administration, and they call in their bullies. Perfect example is Robert Van Campen TRYING to get something done about Wood Waste that would benefit the city, and not the Wood Waste owner who has plagued the residents for years spewing all kinds of chemicals into the air. The Mayor went and played nasty politics instead, and paid off a newspaper to tarnish the good Alderman, and printed lies from the monster. Carlo and Thibeault tried to portray him as a trouble maker instead of caring more about what's in the best interest for suffering residents breathing in these nasty chemicals and making a deal so the owner pockets millions.

I have two current Ethics Violation for you....and a potential one.

1st....You cannot appoint a family member as a registrar of voters. It is clearly a conflict of interest and Carlo is thumbing his nose to the state.

Then, you have, Chief of Staff Melissa Murphy being married to a Common Councilor David Rodriguez. If I recall correctly a very respected member of the community Jeanne Cristiano had to have an ethics ruling because she was married to a police officer. I would say this is a little more serious than that. Melissa and David being married and one being COS and the other on the CC is very inappropriate, and the entire Common Council should be reported to the Ethics Commission, since they had advanced notice of the wedding, and still voted him in. She can share private and confidential information with him and with her being the fruit loop she is, I'm sure of it.

As for the potential violation.....the rumor mill spewing over the owner of the Devens School putting the building up for sale for 1.4 million dollars. That's another turnover of profit to one of the mayors campaign contributors and if that happens, it is a MUST that the State get involved. Go above the Ethics Commission.... since Bill Thibeault's ex-lawyer (now made Procurement Officer) Jill Barringer has repeatedly mentioned in public and on TV that she has a "good friend" that works for State Ethics and they will never touch her. People should contact Karen Nober, the Executive Director of State Ethics... and let her know the comments that have been made by Ms. Barringer. If you really want to do something about the corruption that is going on as we speak, and to help these poor city employees who are threatened everyday with their jobs from the Hitler Administration (Demaria) then you will be persistent, and call everyday and don't give up. Report EVERYTHING.

Lets not forget all the private contracts for Street Sweeping either. A 3rd entity that was a campaign contributor to the mayor, and greatly profits off the taxpayers. "
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2