Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 Streets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2011 :  11:45:25 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How good did the city do plowing the streets during this latest storm?

snoopy1

64 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2011 :  2:07:17 PM  Show Profile Send snoopy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Took me and neighbors to call the mayors office but trucks did come. Glad it's before big freeze tonight.
Go to Top of Page

zar

2 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2011 :  4:07:37 PM  Show Profile Send zar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Street still snow covered no salt or sand but the did plow about 3 ft from curb
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2011 :  7:19:21 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our street is a mess. No sand or salt and it is also still snow covered. I've been hearing a lot of spinning tires.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2011 :  8:36:12 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My street is a disaster and an accident waiting to happen. I don't know who was plowing because I did not see any city trucks but the plow did not have the blade to the ground, that's for sure. Then, that damn Quealy towing comes and tows cars and they clean off the snow from the cars and put it right back on the sidewalks and in front of people's driveways. Never seen more inconsiderate people in my life! The parking ban went into effect at 9:00pm on the 11th. WHY didn't the towing start then?? WHY do they wait until the cars are buried in snow then dump it in front of people's properties? The city really flopped this storm and did a poor job. BTW, those cars that were towed, are back in the same spots so now the plows cant even clean. NO police in sight and NO bullhorns. To me, I get towed once....it never happens again. I just cant believe how arrogant people are but those cars will still be there and the streets will stay the disaster they are.
Go to Top of Page

makemelaugh

37 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2011 :  10:49:19 AM  Show Profile Send makemelaugh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, so where are the sanders? Police have been calling for them since early this morning. Dispatch says there is no answer at city services, but, city hall parking lot is completly sanded, go figure? Last night they were removing snow in Everett square. Last Saturday they screwed up the city with removal of snow in glendale square. Let's see what happens tomorrow with more snow coming down. I will keep you posted.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2011 :  7:35:41 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The parking Ban goes into effect at midnight to night until midnight tomorrow night. Also, Everett schools are closed tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  4:06:10 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just came from the Gateway Mall. Why are the walkways all shoveled in the park running along the river? I think the manpower and money could have been better spent elsewhere in the city.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  6:15:30 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The park around the water is State and is covered by DCR (formerly the MDC). The clear out as this is a major walking park. Too bad they could not lend their services to cities. Oh, well. That's how the money is distributed.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  10:56:54 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I didn't realize it was the state but even they could do better things with the money raised from the tax payers.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  11:15:49 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why are the blue lights still flashing in Everett Square?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  08:44:06 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To keep the Christmas lights company? Because the "OT Blue Light Special" is still in effect? "Glass case" agenda alert? To hypnotize you into voting for a 4 year term for mayor?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  2:13:34 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too funny, Tetris. Of course any of them would be an excellent reason....I especially like the "Glass case" agenda alert?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  5:18:53 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are still on at Tileston & Main too.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  7:00:14 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The snow emergency parking ban is in effect from Tuesday, February 1st, 7:00AM until Thursday, February 3rd, 9:00PM.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  09:53:03 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where are we going to put this snow when we try and shovel our sidewalks?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2