Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 EHS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2013 :  11:07:29 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What the heck is wrong with the new principal of EHS. This video is very disturbing.

You must be logged in to see this link.

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2013 :  11:09:28 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote

WHDH-TV
updated 1/11/2013 11:47:32 PM ET

Print
Font:

EVERETT, Mass. (WHDH) -- A local high school principal is facing questions about a video he made and showed to his students. Some are calling it disturbing.

It’s no surprise you can already find it on YouTube; a violent video shot at Everett High School. The more surprising twist is that the starring role is played by the school's new principal.

The video depicts a terrified woman, burning swing sets, empty classrooms, a man roaming the hallways, and a menacing message.

The Naumannator is Erick Naumann. He made the video to introduce himself to the students at Everett High School where he's the new principal.

He started that job a couple weeks ago.

“The violent portrayal is what's upsetting parents,” said Fred Foresteire, Everett Schools Superintendent.

His dramatic introduction is working its way around the internet and it's raising some alarm.
Advertise | AdChoices

“It’s inappropriate for a school setting especially given the atmosphere across the country as a result of the situations we’ve been having in schools,” said Foresteire.

Fred Foresteire, the Superintendent of Everett Schools, calls his principal a respected man, a good leader and a visionary.

He didn't' see the video before the principal played it during morning announcements.

“He made the wrong decision. It sends the wrong message. That is not what we do here,” said Foresteire.

If a student made something like this for class, the superintendent says there would be consequences.

Naumann couldn't be reached for comment, but the school committee will decide what to make of his video message.
Go to Top of Page

card

117 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2013 :  6:59:51 PM  Show Profile Send card a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Petition on Facebook to save his job, right no principal should of done this kid of act that has made national news now.

In recent days, Everett High School principal Eric Naumann, a longtime teacher, educator, coach, and friend to thousands of Everett students, has come under attack for appearing in a spoof video which references a popular movie. The video idea was originally drawn up by a few Audio/Video students as an outside-the-box, fun way to announce Mr. Naumann's introduction as the new principal. Always the first to be responsive and involved with his students happenings, Mr. Naumann participated, and the end result has been one that nobody envisioned. There has been public outcry from parents and media alike that the video, in light of the recent tragic school shootings, is inappropriate. Furthermore, there is growing sentiment that Mr. Naumann should be asked to resign or be terminated.

This 'petition' is not directed at any organization, media channel, or entity. This petition is designed only to be our platform to support Mr. Naumann during this tumultuous time, and more than anything, deliver the message loud and clearly (and in large numbers), that there couldn't possibly be a better person to lead Everett High School. This man is a difference-maker, a life-changer, and he needs us right now. Any former students, colleagues, or friends who know the caliber of person we are talking about here, please stand up, support Erick, and let the world know what kind of person he really is. People like Erick don't come along often, and the community of Everett and it's families have been fortunate enough that he chose to serve in our schools. Let's keep him where he belongs and ensure that we have the best of the best leading our children.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2013 :  10:54:40 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw the video and have to say it was not in good taste. Too me, the new principal seems arrogant. The timing was in real poor taste with the recent shootings in Connecticut to very young children. People can say what they want, that shooting has effected everyone, including high school students.

The problem today is kids growing up are desensitized. They are growing up with violence and violent video games. It's not just pac man anymore and it's such a shame. Seeing the terminator aka "the Naumannater chasing a woman from being killed ( I know it's a movie ) was a real stupid thing to do.

IMHO, he should not be fired for arrogance and stupidity.....YET. Everyone deserves a second chance and I'd like to see how he does as principal and what the superintendent does about it. He cant ignore it, many parents are outraged and it's all over the news.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  09:02:38 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't agree with you this time Tails.

As the Principal, he should be exercising good judgment & setting an example for these kids.............. He didn't do either of those things!

What he did was show them how to bully & intimidate.........Do you really want someone like that leading our high school kids?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  09:57:08 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by justme

I can't agree with you this time Tails.

As the Principal, he should be exercising good judgment & setting an example for these kids.............. He didn't do either of those things!

What he did was show them how to bully & intimidate.........Do you really want someone like that leading our high school kids?

Dont get me wrong, I think the video was inappropriate. If the man used his brains, he could have made a nice video to introduce himself, and showed him handing a degree to a child and saying "You've been nominated" That would have been appropriate.

I'm just a little on the fence with termination, and I do NOT like this petition that Frankie Nuzzo III has out there. I'm actually insulted by it.

This is up to the superintendent to reprimand (and I'm dying to see how he handles it) because..... I don't care how nice of a guy Eric Naumman is, he promoted violence in his video, and it was just like a violent video game and that is what's killing our society today.

Who is Frankie Nuzzo III to go against parents that are upset about this? He does not have kids there.... and maybe if he did, he would think differently about it. That's all the shooter in Connecticut did all day.... was play violent video games. I know he had mental issues, but I'm sure the violence in his life had an impact on his psykie. School is not the place for it.

There is a 0 tolerance at the high school for violence so If the Naummenator gets "Terminated" well....it wont bother me.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  10:10:52 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From what I heard on the news this morning, the School Committee will be addressing Mr Naummen at their meeting tonight. It should be interesting.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  10:19:45 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everett principal greets students as 'Terminator' saying 'We're all doomed'

Erick Naumann to meet with school officials about controversial video

UPDATED 6:05 AM EST Jan 14, 2013

Principal greets students as Terminator

EVERETT, Mass. —Everett school officials will meet with a high school principal Monday after he used a video with violent images to introduce himself to students.

The video features Everett high's new principal walking the halls of the school as the "Terminator," saying "We're all doomed."

Erick Naumann played it for students last week at morning announcements. Apparently most of them thought it was funny, but the superintendent was not amused.

"I thought it was inappropriate. It sent wrong message. Messages in that video were kind of disturbing. A woman terrorized in the hallway. They showed four empty classrooms. Where have the students gone?" said Frederick Foresteire, Everett superintendent.

The school committee will meet Monday night to discuss the video that was produced by a teacher who is also seen in the video.

Naumann recently took over the principal job, but the Everett native has worked in the school system for 15 years.

"I don't think it's a big deal. I think he was kidding. He's a great principal. I think people are being a little too sensitive," one student said.

After listening to the superintendent, Doesn't seem to me like Mr. Naumman will be getting "terminated"

Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  11:37:36 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If FFF thinks "he'll survive it", is there really any question about it?

So the EHS cable station is running a notice that there will be a special meeting of the school committee tonight to address this issue. Two questions. Can this meeting be held on such short notice and still be in compliance with the open meeting law? How much of this meeting will take place in executive session?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  12:01:18 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone I know on FB posted that it was fabricated by students in the AV department. No idea if true, but the public has a right to see this meeting to clarify any inconsistencies.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  7:00:05 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The School Committee is in Executive Session. I didn't see them go in but I am guessing it has to do with the video.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  9:33:25 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Between the audio being terrible and them immediately going into executive session, I gave up. Somebody called to tell me though that there were some fireworks from the audience after they came out of executive session. I was told that the audio was still bad but I guess I'll still have to catch a replay, if there is one.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  06:29:30 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't bother with the replay, just watch local news.......... Channel 5 is reporting a decision will be made today.

Or.............. Everett has made national new!! GMA is talking about it.

Edited by - justme on 01/15/2013 07:38:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  08:54:04 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mass. principal faces punishment for video

AP / January 15, 2013

EVERETT, Mass. (AP) — The principal of Everett High School faces disciplinary action but won’t be fired for appearing in a spoof of ‘‘The Terminator’’ movies that was shown to students.

The video showed Principal Erick Naumann (NAW'-man) walking the halls of the empty school dressed as the Arnold Schwarzenegger character.

Some people said the movie was inappropriate and too violent in light of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Naumann and his lawyer appeared at a closed school committee hearing Monday night.

Superintendent Frederick Foresteire (for-est-AIR') said after the meeting that Naumann made a poor decision, but is a good leader and will not be fired. He says he will meet Tuesday to decide what, if any punishment Naumann should face.

Naumann, who has apologized, was supported by many students and parents.end of story marker

© Copyright 2013 Globe Newspaper Company.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  10:39:20 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to the NECN webite, Naumann got a two day suspension.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  11:00:48 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you know...paid or unpaid?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2