Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 State Representative and Senator
 "Stat" on Sch Com
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  10:59:27 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for asking, we have been good. We've had a rough couple of years but things are leveling out around here. I'll take slow and easy for a while. How are you and yours?

Edited by - massdee on 11/07/2007 11:00:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  11:04:10 PM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very good, thanks..the kids are driving me nuts, but that's their job right?
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  11:05:33 PM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I missed being here on this board,but didn't like the crap that has been happening. Lots of people with agendas and/or issues..
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  11:05:59 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and it doesn't get an easier when they get older........if they are living at home or not.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  11:08:33 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm signing off for the night........Good night everyone!!!!!!!

It's been a nice change of pace tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  11:13:42 PM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same here!! This is how it should be.Good night.
Go to Top of Page

Head

111 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  12:42:15 PM  Show Profile Send Head a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last meeting Stat looked like he put on some serious weight wouldn't yah say.
Go to Top of Page

Head

111 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  12:59:53 PM  Show Profile Send Head a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is anything going on with him.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  8:21:31 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Head . . . are you serious with this question?
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  05:40:11 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Freddie is in the news again. Channel 5 is talking about the work school employees did at his house in 2002. When Stat tried to bring that up @ City Hall he was shot down because it was "old news" and if there was an issue the state would have filed charges. It took awhile, but it looks like the state finally did.

The next school committee meeting could be very interesting..........
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  08:17:10 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe this is stemming from the Inspector Generals letter from last year that was ignored by Mayor Hanlon and Robert Alconada. Arthur posted an article that is in todays Globe. Let's see, if anything, happens this time. I haven't been watching School Committee meetings, has Stat been vocal at all? I will repost todays article here.

Everett school chief accused again
Panel says he used system's resources
By Erin Ailworth, Globe Staff | March 19, 2008

Everett's school superintendent is once again facing allegations that he used school system supplies and employees to make home improvements.

In a complaint filed Friday, the State Ethics Commission accused Frederick Foresteire of using one school employee to do discounted plumbing work at his home and two other employees to obtain, cut, and deliver $234 worth of plywood for free. The work took place sometime from April to November 2002 and often happened during school hours, the commission alleged.

If it is decided that he violated the state's conflict-of-interest law, Foresteire could be fined up to $2,000 per violation.

In 1992, Foresteire agreed to pay a $250 fine to the Ethics Commission to settle allegations that he arranged for a School Department painter to paint a School Committee member's apartment for free.

In 2004, Foresteire faced criminal charges that he used two school air conditioners in his home. In 2006, a Middlesex Superior Court judge continued the case without a finding while ordering Foresteire to pay $2,090 in court fees and placing him on probation for a year.

Foresteire's lawyer, David Berman, said his client denies the latest allegations, which first were brought up in conjunction with the air conditioner case.

"I don't want to accuse anyone of hounding my client, but I think the facts more or less speak for themselves," Berman said yesterday in a telephone interview.

Berman said the employee who allegedly did the plumbing work, Michael Pomer, and his father had done plumbing for Foresteire and his family for 30 or 40 years. Berman said he did not think Pomer had done the work on school time.

As for the plywood, Berman said he suspects the supplies were ordered by Foresteire's former brother-in-law, Louis Grande, who was a contractor who did work for the school district and mistakenly sent them to the school.

"He probably called and said: 'Hey, that stuff shouldn't be there. Get that over to Mr. Foresteire's house,' " Berman said.

Berman said he would also argue that the statute of limitations of three years had expired.

The accusations against Foresteire drew mixed reactions in the community yesterday.

"To my knowledge, all of that has been cleared up," said School Committee member Richard Baniewicz.

Everett parent Maureen Hart said she remembers the air conditioner hubbub a few years back.

"It was disappointing to think that someone would use their power like that," she said. "I don't doubt that he's a little bit shady."

Erin Ailworth can be reached at eailworth@globe.com.

Edited by - massdee on 03/19/2008 08:28:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2008 :  09:15:49 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't watched the meetings as much as I should; but, when I have, the usual friction that I have seen between Stat and the rest of the school committee is when the issue of money is discussed. The school committee always wants more money from the city. Stat's response to that is the city can't afford it, the state recognizes that and that is why the large increase in Chapter 70 money in FY08, with another large increase scheduled for FY09.

Another point of friction that I have seen was during a discussion of a bill that Mr. Ela was instrumental in getting before the legislature. Stat was trying to make a point that he would have been willing to go and testify on the bill but he was unaware of the hearing. It was Stat's opinion that when a sitting legislator testifies on a bill, it helps to move it along faster. He was trying to make this point and he felt he was cut off by the chairman, Mr McLaughlin. Stat laid into him for it.

The latest point of friction that I observed was at last Monday's meeting. Stat was upset that he was marked as absent at the March 3rd School Committee Finance Meeting even though he is not a member of that particular committee. FFF wanted to fight him on it since that is the way that they have always done it, supposedly for informational purposes. Mr. McLaughlin wisely cut off the debate, agreed with Stat and got the committee to vote to amend the minutes of that meeting and not continue that practice going forward.

I agree that it appears that this latest complaint is based on the letter issued by the Inspector General on December 4, 2006, on which the State Ethics Commission was copied. The wheels of government turn too slowly.
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  12:57:14 PM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally I cannot stand political yard signs or political signs plastered all over town. Here is is in April and Wayne Matewsky has already started with the political grafitti. Where these signs are, I believe, also says alot about the candiate. Yesterday I noticed Wayne's sign hung in the bottle and can redemption store on Union St. THe Board of Alderman have been trying to close this place for years yet Wayne must think it's politically prudent to hang his propaganda in the window. Sorry Wayne but I think it's a poor choice and I will not be casting a vote to send you to Beacon Hill.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  1:22:12 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you, Fran. I wish the city council would pass an ordnance banning all political signs on any property in the city. "Political graffiti," what a great description.
Go to Top of Page

imbroglio

47 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  09:11:31 AM  Show Profile Send imbroglio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You two should familiarize yourselves with the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2