Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 News Articles
 BOSTON GLOBE
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  09:25:45 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wanda bee,

I have a question, and I am not being confrontational. You said Mr Rice's "behavior called for it that day." Are you talking about before or during the meeting with the Mayor?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  09:37:15 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From dictionary.com:

hear·say

–noun
1. unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge: I pay no attention to hearsay.

2. an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: a malicious hearsay.

–adjective
3. of, pertaining to, or characterized by hearsay: hearsay knowledge; a hearsay report.

—Synonyms 1. talk, scuttlebutt, babble, tittle-tattle.
Go to Top of Page

wanda bee

54 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  10:08:58 AM  Show Profile Send wanda bee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tetris

Believe what you want,like I said Mr. Rice knows the truth and that is what is important.
Not hear-say this time, only the truth.

Have a good one!
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  11:07:20 AM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps we need to move on from this conversation. It's done, and we've all expressed our opinions.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  11:12:42 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, Citizen. Let's wait and see what city hall does with this issue.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  1:22:05 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had to step away for a while. I had one more post in me about this issue, which was more of a general post than about the specific issue itself. However, I will defer to the wishes of the board and keep most of that to myself; but, I still feel that have to say the following:

Right or wrong, I got into this issue for what I thought was for the best of reasons, i.e., helping to right a perceived wrong. Although I will still stand behind everything that I said, I now realize that I became part of the problem by keeping the discussion of it going. I would like to apologize to everyone for my part in that.

Done.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  6:39:34 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tetris,

You did nothing wrong and there is absolutely no need for you to apologize to anyone.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  12:43:05 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BUDGET DIRECTOR HIRED - Mayor Carlo DeMaria has hired Clayton Carlisle to be the city's new budget director. Carlisle recently resigned as town manager in Southbridge. Erin Deveney, DeMaria's chief of staff, said the mayor interviewed three other candidates for the position but Carlisle, with some 25 years of municipal experience in several communities, including Southbridge, Chelsea, and Watertown, was most qualified. Of local Southbridge press reports that Carlisle was suspended for a week without pay in late December after the Town Council voted him guilty of "insubordination of his duties," Deveney said the mayor was "satisfied that Clayton's actions were based on his best professional and ethical judgments, and he was satisfied with the explanations furnished." - Kay Lazar
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  3:13:49 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would appear that Mr. Carlisle's suspension was perfect timing. Per Ms. Deveney, he does have professional experience ,however, she neglected to mention his experience with landfills.
Go to Top of Page

arthur

212 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  06:28:55 AM  Show Profile Send arthur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
EVERETT
ETHICS COMMISSION PROBE WIDENS - Lona DeFeo, maintenance manager for the Everett public schools, is again facing allegations that she violated state conflict-of-interest laws by using public school employees to perform private work for Superintendent Frederick Foresteire. In an order filed March 27, the State Ethics Commission said that from April to November 2002, DeFeo ordered a school maintenance worker to perform plumbing work in the kitchen and two bathrooms at Foresteire's home. No hearing dates have been scheduled for the allegations against DeFeo and Foresteire. - Kay Lazar
Go to Top of Page

arthur

212 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  06:30:35 AM  Show Profile Send arthur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I personally think it's time for everyone involved to step down. I mean how much can one city or town take, the run is over it's time for action. Guess I will watch the meeting on monday nite to see if this is brought up.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  06:53:53 AM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It will not be brought up unless Smith brings it up. And I would bet they will never even be charged. Teflon Freddy gets away with everything in this city.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  08:40:33 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't understand why a warrant was not issued back when this happened. I know if that was me...I would have been arrested and charged with felony theft. Why is he above the law....someone that is suppose to set a good example for the kids.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  10:39:24 AM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree....if he is wrong, arrest him. But I'm more outraged by the quality of education he is providing. He can have all the air conditioners and sheet rock that he wants if he did a much better job in educating our children.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  11:11:30 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The schools are a disaster. I don't understand how it went downhill so fast. The MCAS scores are terrible in Everett. It takes weeks to hear about a problem. I have asked the school committee to look into each school having their own private website along with each teacher site. The response was.. no money. They have free sites...what are they talking about...no money. It would take five minutes out of a teachers day to enter daily homework or whatever, and it would alleviate so many problems. Other cities and towns do it. Private Schools do it. Why cant Everett do it?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2