Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 Stephanie Smith
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  7:09:49 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Citizen, if the allegations are true, and I'm inclined to believe they are, I think Stat should have given Stephanie the choice of stepping down or having him blow the whistle.

It's really a matter of reminding your child that they are not the only one affected by their choices and decisions. I know parents who have taken that line with their [adult] children as well as those who have chosen to cover for their kids.

In the long run, the ones being protected gain nothing. The parents are often publicly embarrassed and humiliated, and the "kid" involved never learns how to accept responsibility for themselves. They join the ranks of the All About Me group who think they have the right to do whatever they want, whenever and wherever they choose and the rest of us can go pound sand if we don't like it!

I know it's not an easy thing to do but I don't recall anyone ever saying raising a child was easy. The way I learned it (and taught it) raising a child is about teaching them right from wrong and how to be honest, hardworking, productive, responsible people. Aiding your child when they choose to be anything else shows a major flaw in your character as well as theirs.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now...............
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  8:47:03 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sometimes, justme, we teach our children right from wrong and they choose wrong. We have no idea what the conversations may have been between Stat and his daughter. Again, assuming any of this is true, sometimes our kids choose the roll of the dice, and sometimes they lose. If true, Ms. Smith will have to face the consequences for her choices. That's a painful lesson, and I don't see her father trying to protect her from it. We'll just have to see how it will play out.

So, justme, you and I will have to agree to disagree on this one.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  10:12:49 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Citizen, I expect it will be a painful lesson for all involved..... Including the person that brought the whole thing to a head.

I'm not sure what he thinks he's going to gain but whatever it is, I hope it continues to elude him!
Go to Top of Page

scamore

105 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  06:32:46 AM  Show Profile Send scamore a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hear yesterday that ms. smith is in washington going to school, don't know if it's true or not but will watch the meeting more closely I know she wasn't there on Sept. 2nd
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  8:37:34 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that Ms. Smith is attending training for your job and not attending school there.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  2:28:01 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it is proven that Ms Smith was living out of the city when she was elected then the proper steps should be taken by city government.

My big problem with this issue is the timing. Like Tetris, I also read about it on Topix last Spring and it was stated that they would be making it public this September. It appears that the timing is an orchestrated attempt to effect the rep race.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  2:57:43 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I said previously, the timing is definitely suspect HOWEVER, Stat shouldn't have allowed her to put him in this position..........

I know people don't agree with me but, although I would gladly step in front of a freight train for them, I would never allow one of my children to jeopardize my integrity and everything I worked so hard for so they could save a couple of bucks on car insurance and put a few extra dollars in their pocket.

He could have stepped up and brought this out in the open months ago. At this point, he's as much at fault as she is.............
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  3:06:54 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't disagree with you, if true. I just don't care for the way this has been made public. If Jordan knew about it last Spring, then why didn't he do something about it then. Why wait until two weeks before the election? It reeks of Wayne Matewsky!
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  3:33:46 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And if Stat knew about it last spring, why didn't he?

This is a no win......... Unless Stat can prove the allegations to be false very quickly, he's may very well end up paying for the sins of his daughter!
Go to Top of Page

Head

111 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  09:39:48 AM  Show Profile Send Head a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See what our GD kids put us through!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2