Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 Charter Review
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  7:58:27 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think if they broke the gentlemen’s agreement that would not look good for them. I can’t see anyone doing that.

But then, a gentlemen’s agreement would not hold up in court. It would just mean that person that breaks it, is not a person of their word.

I hope they do have a kickoff event. Who are the politicians that worked on this? I know Peter Napolitano did, and maybe Tony Raneiri. I’m sorry if there is anyone else, I just don’t remember.

If they do decide to have any kind of event, I think they should be the only politicians there.

I mean this sincerely, I think the whole purpose would be defeated if people like the Mayor, any of his staff, or the city council that have nothing to do with this show up. They can show up when the public hearings start.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  3:16:59 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow, ask and yee shall receive. Looks like item 11 on the CC agenda addresses my concern. I should have asked for Friday nights megamillions numbers!!
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  6:29:53 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gee, you must be psychic or something!
Go to Top of Page

WhoIsBetterThanYou

3 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  11:57:59 PM  Show Profile Send WhoIsBetterThanYou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that it's more like "or something". Who are you kidding? Pretty easy to make things come true when you stack the deck yourself. You're not fooling anybody!!

If you don't get it folks, check out "Whereas..." on Topix.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Who Is Better Than You?....Everybody!!
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  12:29:49 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WhoIsBetterThanYou

I think that it's more like "or something". Who are you kidding? Pretty easy to make things come true when you stack the deck yourself. You're not fooling anybody!!

what is it you are suggesting?
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  2:32:27 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by just wondering

quote:
Originally posted by WhoIsBetterThanYou

what is it you are suggesting?

He's obviously a Topix regular.............. His post makes no sense and the idea is to get people speculating over nothing.

My thoughts on this type of post is that the poster is trying to stir up trouble and has nothing of substance to say.
Go to Top of Page

WhoIsBetterThanYou

3 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  06:02:13 AM  Show Profile Send WhoIsBetterThanYou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Justme,

As I said, I'm a long-time lurker. Therefore, I respect your body of work and I'm sorry that you feel that way.

Trying to stir up a little trouble? Busted! But I think that it's the good kind.

All I was trying to point out was that there is an interesting piece of speculation over on Topix in the "Whereas.." thread. Knowing that some of you folks aren't all that interested in that sort of thing, I didn't just bring it over here. All I was trying to do was to point out that it exists. If your not interested in it, that's fine. Although you may not care for it, Topix can and does serve a purpose.

Clear enough for you Just Wondering?

Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  1:42:24 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WhoIsBetterThanYou.............. We all know how to find our way to Topix to view that trash and speculation. I don't believe any of us need any additional directions
Go to Top of Page

citizen

11 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  12:01:37 PM  Show Profile Send citizen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is the procedure for someone to run for the charter review commission? Will there be a need for nomination papers? Will this process be explained on ECTV or in the papers soon?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  12:14:28 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was hoping someone like Peter Napolitano would be willing to host some type of an event. I say him because he is who comes to mind that has been working on this the longest (That I can remember)

An event to explain to average citizens what it entails to run, what's expected. I understand that it will be in the papers and it was mentioned on ECTV but if there is some type of event/meeting on it, it might spark more interest.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  10:14:39 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard any names of people willing to run for the Charter Review Commission?

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

Ellen

173 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  10:43:59 PM  Show Profile Send Ellen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only name I have heard is Tommy Messina.......we are in trouble
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  1:23:38 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's important that people run for those commission seats.....but equally, if not more important for there to be an organized committee to encourage people to vote "YES" for charter review.

Does anyone know if such a committee exists?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  10:05:03 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you vote "yes" for charter review, and then the commission seats at the same time in November?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  10:18:34 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's the way it works.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2