Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 Important Issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  08:03:40 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What issues would you like the candidates for office to address? I would like to hear what is important to the residents. Maybe, some of the candidates will log in and address our concerns.

I only ask that we all be respectful.

"Deb"

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  12:32:06 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's important to me is we take care of our own. The enormous salaries for people from Taunton, Southbridge and now Somerville, I mean come on.

I have many many issues. For now, I have one. The current purchasing agent is overwhelmed with her consolidation. I am hearing of mistakes being made and a big issue of mine is she is not sending things out to bid. Your supposed to bid on things like the new city services trucks. Instead, she took the easy way out and picked off a state list. You pay at least 30% more that way, that's not in the best interest for the residents or the taxpayer. I'd like to see these things done the right and proper way, and save some money for the taxpayer.

Edited by - Tails on 05/02/2009 12:32:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

michael

195 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  1:06:07 PM  Show Profile Send michael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and I agree with that, I am sure if this is going to be a big issue for whoever runs for mayor (vincent) but from what I am hearing they appropriated money for the new trucks and they had to spend it or lose it. could I be wrong? And what is up with the somerville hirings I can't figure this out at all. What happen to Everett jobs for everett people, what happen to everett people not being cared for, what happens when you throw people out of their homes and they sleep where they can find a place to sleep, we need a mayor that cares for the People of Everett. And I wish her luck. Hey she may not have the money behind her but who really needs money if you care for People
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  1:28:29 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe the money for the trucks came from the sale of the old city yards (another issue for a later date) There was no excuse not to bid for these trucks. We paid top dollar and that was not right.

Speaking of people sleeping on the streets, Alderman's Marchese and Van Campen had a piece for some of that money to help elderly in need. I never heard anything come about that.

Anyone know who has been helped with this windfall the city got for the sale of the city yards, which ended up being a windfall for Wood Waste.

Edited by - Tails on 05/02/2009 1:33:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  3:08:25 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to know the candidates view on how the city should proceed in these financially difficult times. What new ideas can be done to help reduce the spending.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

michael

195 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  10:56:11 PM  Show Profile Send michael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think personally whoever runs for mayor should cut salaries in half, from the mayor on down, why should vincent make a certain amount of money, I think not, We need a place for our homeless there are more and more out on the streets this city has nothing to help the homeless and I hope whoever runs for mayor puts a plan in place, telling them to go to boston it's not an answer.

We need to do more with our seniors they need relief from taxes,and I understand that some of the water bills went out and people are fuming over this, everybody is taxing everyone, you can't get blood from a stone you must work with people and not take away homes and throw them to the wolves that does not slove the problem.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  09:44:54 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you talking about reducing the salaries of Department heads or all appointed positions? Do you think there are any positions that need to be eliminated?

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  3:22:00 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to hear not only what plans a candidate has but how they plan to implement them. As we've seen, saying they have a plan without disclosing it goes nowhere.

Also, I'd like to see an evaluation (not done internally) of all city jobs, grade levels, and salary ranges. While many of us believe there are positions in city hall that are being [grossly] overpaid, I think there are also many positions, citywide, that are improperly graded and/or have incorrect salary ranges. I don't believe they've been reviewed since early in the Ragucci administration and I have no doubt many of the grades have been adjusted to increase an individuals income rather than due to position responsibilities.
Go to Top of Page

michael

195 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  05:32:32 AM  Show Profile Send michael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
positions need to be eliminated that's a must, we don't need half the people that the current mayor has we need a personal director, never heard of a city or town running without such a person. Salaries cut where they can be cut without union conflicts. the average vincent would not be making big bucks on taxpayers monies, justme, I agree with you,hopefully we will have someone who cares about these issues.Regardless of who runs for mayor it's an up hill battle. And the taxpayers have to decided
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2