Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 More Rumors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2010 :  10:06:40 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is or isn't the mayor back at City Hall? I have recently heard both. I have also heard the rumor that he had gastric bypass surgery while he was out. Can anyone confirm that?

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  09:37:55 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hearing a disturbing rumor that the mayor is going to try to stack the BOA in the 2011 City elections. If true, I guess we will have to really do our homework before voting next time around. Can you imagine what kind of a mess (more of a mess)the city would be in, if there is no accountability? All he will have to do is just put it on the agenda and he shall receive.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  3:59:11 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

Hearing a disturbing rumor that the mayor is going to try to stack the BOA in the 2011 City elections. If true, I guess we will have to really do our homework before voting next time around. Can you imagine what kind of a mess (more of a mess)the city would be in, if there is no accountability? All he will have to do is just put it on the agenda and he shall receive.

The “ask and he shall receive” is going on right now with the common council. The mayor is too complacent and thinks he can do what ever he wants. This is a prime example. The only way it will stop is if someone runs against him.

SOMEONE needs to straighten out the financial disaster that is going on right now.

That is a must, but it’s going to be very hard when he has a 250K pot to dip in and everyone will be calling in favors, and will receive.

If the right person runs against him, you will be surprised at how much support they will get. All they need to do is run on a chronology of events over the past four years and they will have a good chance of success. Employee morale is really low, we are in a financial mess, his hires are less than desired and some have over inflated salaries, and the taxpayers are not happy.

Word around is he wants control of the city clerk and that would coincide with the fact he wants control of the BOA. If that’s the case, the charter commission must be made aware, and not implement any changes to the city clerk that would have him under the mayor. That needs to be separate just like church and state. If the Board of Alderman find justification to replace the clerk, I am certain that they would proceed with that.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2010 :  10:11:30 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The City Clerk should NOT have to answer to the mayor. The charter is set up in such a way that this should never happen. If the Charter Commission ever suggests such a thing, I am for one that will vote against any Charter change. We still live in a democracy, I think. We don't need a dictator in our city.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  11:17:45 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any rumors on anyone running in the city elections next year? I haven't heard anything at all.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  09:32:06 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bumped into Wayne Matewsky yesterday and he told me he is going to run for the Common Council in Ward 1 next year.
Go to Top of Page

Heisenberg

64 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  07:12:25 AM  Show Profile Send Heisenberg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he'll run for Alderman in Ward 1 or if Joe decided to run again maybe Alderman at Large. I know he's wanted to be the Alderman from Ward 1 for a very long time. Just a prediction.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  08:38:57 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know he's always wanted to be the Alderman for Ward 1 but he told me himself he is going to run for the Common Council next year. Of course, things could change between now and then.

I heard Peter Napolitano and Mike Marchese are considering a run for mayor. I don't know if that is true or not.

Go to Top of Page

Heisenberg

64 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  5:34:14 PM  Show Profile Send Heisenberg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marchese will NEVER be Mayor of this city. I think the voters told him that in a nice polite way when it was him, Hanlon, and Ragucci (I believe in 2005). I can't really picture Peter Napolitano being Mayor. However, I couldn't picture John McCarthy being Mayor either and he was elected.

The only two I foresee is either RVC or McGonagle. Anyone taking bets yet?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  6:09:23 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Peter Napolitano is telling everyone he is running and is asking for their support. I was told, unconfirmed, that RVC is not running. I have also been told McGonagle is considering it.

There's a rumor going around that Hanlon is talking about running. I don't know if that's true or not either.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  7:25:59 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marchese is one step away from brain dead! I can't for the life of me understand why people in this city continue to vote in some of the losers currently holding office in this city.

I'd love to see RVC run but he's obviously not ready. I think his conservatism, which is what we need right now, is holding him back. He's got a family to support & a steady paycheck coming in. I can understand him not being willing to give that up for the uncertainty of public office.

I don't think Peter Napolitano can make the grade but he couldn't do any worse than the present mayor or his predecessor!

Joe is probably our best shot although I can't say I'm really impressed. Last time he ran he never said how he planned on making things better which I found a turn off............. Then again, Carlo did tell us what he was going to do & he was lying through his teeth! So that shows you what I know!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  11:16:27 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really don't think Marchese will run, he was very embarrassed about his vote the last time he ran for mayor. Of course, I've been wrong before.

I like RVC a lot, my only problem with him over the past few years is....yes, I am running and no, I'm not running. It's happened a few too many times now.

I think Peter Napolitano will be more of the same.

I also believe Joe is probably our best shot, not because I know him personally but because I believe he would be good for the city. If he decides to run again, he needs to do a better job of getting his message out to the voters.

As for Hanlon, all I can say is, God Help US!

Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  2:17:08 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it’s a given that someone will be running for mayor. McGonagle, Marchese, VanCampen and Napolitano should get together and decide who’s going to run and all of them should get behind that candidate. We can’t do any worse what we have now! It’s the only way it will work and how someone can beat Carlo’s war chest.

If these rumors are true about the Florence Street Wall, and Procurement Officer Jill Barringer not talking on it anymore, then that only proves that we need a new mayor ASAP. No one has denied it this, and to me, that proves there is something to it. I’m sick of Carlo spending my money on buying friends. All these people would not be behind him if they were not bought and paid for.

citizensforeverettma.com
Go to Top of Page

sweetdeal2007

29 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  07:22:32 AM  Show Profile Send sweetdeal2007 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gee, I need a loan. Should I go ask Rosa since you got a check for 10 grand, well, not her, her husband, for doing the wall on Florence Street. Nice deal Carlo, you must of thought we couldn't track it.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  12:37:00 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm hearing from an excellent source that John Hanlon will not be running for mayor.
Go to Top of Page

charm

264 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  12:55:45 PM  Show Profile Send charm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry massdee, Carlo will be putting in people to run, that Puelo kid is already out with stickers against Joe. He really must be paranoid.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2