Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 More Rumors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  11:38:48 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My understanding is there are cameras, but they are not working. That's terrible about what happened with the smart cars but it's odd that only the smart cars were singled out. To me, that's not kids. I think those cameras better get back on asap. Of course who suffers, the taxpayers.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  12:19:28 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like someone who was ticketed or towed decided a little pay back was in order. Of course if they hadn't parked where & when they weren't supposed to it wouldn't be a problem...........
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  1:03:37 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are right Justme, it does sound like revenge. Some people are so foolish. They blame everyone else for what they have done wrong. I know sometimes it's an honest mistake, especially on street cleaning day but that doesn't justify vandalism.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  3:19:32 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's no justification for vandalism & in this case, it's the taxpayers that have to pay for it!
Go to Top of Page

kittycat

66 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  09:22:53 AM  Show Profile Send kittycat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
was at church this morning an someone told me that Margaret Mattuchio from city hall just got a big jump in her pay. Cha Ching on all the mayors supporters hope he doesnt' make it on Tuesday. They overlook another person, this is sad.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2011 :  10:00:59 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm hearing a lot of rumblings around town that Millie Cardello has been telling people that she is runing for Mayor in the 2013 Election. Has anyone heard anything?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  06:49:05 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Huey

I'm hearing a lot of rumblings around town that Millie Cardello has been telling people that she is runing for Mayor in the 2013 Election. Has anyone heard anything?

I heard she's planning a time in December.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  06:51:35 AM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Iv'e always liked Millie, but I don't think she is Mayoral material. But, it is still too early to tell. I wish her good luck.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  09:05:07 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know someone that Millie herself told she is considering a mayoral run in 2013 and this was shortly before this past election.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  09:27:07 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If anyone is considering a run, I hope they realize they have to start now and go gangbusters all the way to next election. It will be work work work, and no backing down. Fundraiser after fundraiser. If someone thinks they can raise 100-150K (very possibly more) then that person has a good chance. To get someone new, the best thing would be to force a primary.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  11:52:06 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think a primary is a good idea, but that's just my opinion. The anti-incumbent vote would be split between the other candidates and the best person for the job could possibly get knocked out. Of course, it all depends on the popularity of the present mayor two years from now. Also, primaries will add more of a financial burden on candidates.

I am sure there will be a primary for the new city council, the twenty five of them will be looking for one of the eleven spots.
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2011 :  2:12:17 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Read over on Topix that Billy Cardello has moved. Is it true?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2011 :  10:37:57 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The latest I heard is that he moved to Peabody. I have no idea if it's true or not. Anyone else hear anything? Now what happens to his seat if it's true?
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2011 :  11:20:01 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If true, he should resign from his seat immediately. In my opinion, it's voter fraud. In the case that he does resign, the council would vote to fill the vacancy. The two names I have heard are Paul Schlosberg and Victor Dragone.
Go to Top of Page

Joey

39 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2011 :  07:21:23 AM  Show Profile Send Joey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doesn't the seat go to the most write In's from the election?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2