Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 More Rumors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2011 :  07:33:47 AM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The coucil votes to fill the vacancy. It may so happen to be the person with the most write-ins, but the council has to vote them in. Considering that Joe Santagate ran a sticker campaign, I doubt that they would appoint him.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2011 :  08:29:45 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've heard Sclosberg's name out there but first I've heard of Mr Dragone being interested. Any other names?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2011 :  08:53:21 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Huey

If true, he should resign from his seat immediately. In my opinion, it's voter fraud. In the case that he does resign, the council would vote to fill the vacancy. The two names I have heard are Paul Schlosberg and Victor Dragone.

I absolutely agree with you that he should resign from his seat. That was one of the biggest problems with the common council, especially with senior members. They think they are "entitled" to do what they want and that could not be any further from the truth. That seat was not his to monopolize. It belongs to the people.

As far as electing someone new, we did not follow protocol in the past, so there's no reason to start now. Just look at Dave Rodrigues. He was not on the ballot when he was voted in by the CC. This is the final 2 years of the common council and I'd like to see a newcomer that's a little educated with class, that can be productive. There's been enough circus shows with that board and I'd hate to see it go out the joke that it's become.
Go to Top of Page

Cam

82 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2011 :  09:21:46 AM  Show Profile Send Cam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to see the two loud mouths Ranieri and Cardello gone. It has to be up hill from there.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  9:37:04 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard who the new president of the BOA will be?
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2011 :  10:05:41 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last I heard Managan had the votes wrapped up until McGongle decided to go for it Election night then someone flipped. Guess someone's word means nothing.
Go to Top of Page

kittycat

66 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  10:51:12 AM  Show Profile Send kittycat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder who changed their vote, I am glad it's Joe and not Mike. Wouldn't want Carlo to get away with too much stuff this year.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  11:42:49 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did someone really give their word and "flip"....or were they undecided?

Does the new charter have anything to say concerning these elections and how they are handled?
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  12:55:57 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really disappointed with CC and BOA and all the back door planning and backstabbing that goes on. The CC has pre-selected their presidents more than a yr in advance and put the screws to non-Carlo supporters. Also these kids dont pay their own way and don't really understand the high cost of living in this economy and in Everett. They are only too willing to increase the salaries for current and new employees without looking at the implications to the. It's budget. The BOA does a little better, but the members of both boards need to realize they represent the voters and not the Mayor. I am real concerned where this city is headed in the next 2 years. I hope our Mayor grows up and starts to serve the people and not his personal agenda. He needs to stop being reactive to criticism and think things through. If not, we could be in real trouble.
Go to Top of Page

kittycat

66 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  1:17:37 PM  Show Profile Send kittycat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand what you are saying, I really hope we go into receivership and that someone other than Carlo takes us over. It is not going to change it will go on & on & on. Do people really think voting for the Charter will save money? I am not that stupid salaries will go up and you know you can't touch the insurance, like Marchese said the people were fooled so let the games begin
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2011 :  1:57:19 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could not agree more. I said it two years ago when Tony Raneri’s big mouth said the President line up was going to be Rosa – Serg then HIM. Too bad for him, that he got voted out before that was completed. I heard that salary increases are coming up. Let the games begin there…

Kitty I agree too that the people were duped as far as health insurance and cost savings with the new charter. Most are already vested anyway.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  10:46:21 AM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This entire election was about misleading the people. I have heard so many say that they voted for Carlo because of the nasty letters. They assumed Peter did them or one of his supporters. Carlo knew that was happening and even used it in his favor. The Charter was put forward as a savings measure for the city and not done in a manner that really served the people. The commission put in the 4 year term to please Carlo and the health insurance because the felt one or two were abusing it because the had the option from their employer and took the city's instead so took it from all. The savings on insurance will be minimal. As far as the new City Council for 2014, it will be a game of name recognition and not qualified or members who have worked for their constituents. So we will be no farther along and are stuck with a Mayor who doesn't listen to the people but does what he wants. A council that gives him what he wants with only a couple of dissentors adds to the power Carlo seems to need. Now we have a councillor who resigned before being sworn in knowing he was not going to serve his term and puts the burden of choosing a replacement on the CC not the people of the ward. Where is the justice in that. And before anyone says that this is a good example of why we needed to change the form of government we had, it will be even easier to do that with only 11 members and no means of a checks and balance as now the BOA does not go along with everything Carlo throws out. We really are in a difficult situation and I only hope that the people see what is happening and make their concerns known. There are a small number on this site that may do that, but more info needs to get out. God help us.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  3:24:42 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Carlo knew and knows exactly who it was mailing out those nasty letters. That's something that is very easy to find out BUT..... it was easier for him to push the blame on another person, especially his opponent rather than the person(s) responsible. He's afraid of that person and we all know who it is. Instead of facing it head on, he used that to his advantage and I knew that was going to happen. To me that's a coward .....and so where the people mailing out those letters. They had an adverse effect on Napolitano and that was unfair from ALL parties. Anyone with half a brain would realize that. If anyone is going to send letters out like that, then have the courage to sign your name to it and leave others out of it.

Charter was a joke and the mayoral election had a big affect on that too. We are stuck with it and hope people really think about it before they vote and keep name recognition out of it.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2011 :  9:12:38 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So much for "gone are the days", now we will know exactly where the "days have gone", it will be the new city council come 2013.

It's a very bad and sad situation this city is going to find itself in after the 2013 election. I sincerely hope someone steps up and runs for mayor. I am hearing rumors of three so far and anyone of them would be better than what we are stuck with now.

Just my honest opinion.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  9:10:26 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just read on the other forum that there was a stabbing on Pearl Street and someone was killed.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2