Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 More Rumors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  12:46:38 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does this mean the mayor is going to pick & choose which parts of the new charter are in effect & which aren't based on what works best for him?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  1:02:46 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It certainly sounds that way justme.....If I were to bet, I would bet a waiver was not obtained for city positions… now or in the past. If 3 waivers were obtained…then what sense is it to even have State Ethics Laws and how do you justify it THREE times other than its ……politically motivated??

State Ethics is the most useless function in the State. If the State wants to save money and downsize… there’s an area for ya Deval. Bunch of do-nothings that just look the other way and collect a paycheck from the taxpayers.

I’m certainly not an expert but just from reading the charter, I also believe the new charter is in effect. Of course we would not have an 11-member City Council (like the mayor stated as his reason that the charter is NOT in effect) because we haven’t had an election yet. Someone of legal knowledge should know this stuff, especially when you represent a City knowing a new charter was voted favorably. It’s appalling that no one in the city has answers to these simple questions.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  1:05:13 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what the city solicitor's ruling will be on whether or not the new charter, part or whole, is in effect; so I can't say. But if the new charter is in effect, any transitional issues are suppossed to be worked out between the Mayor and the City Council. Of course, after 2013, there should be no question at all about enforcing all of the provisions of the new charter.

I didn't think that it was wise though of the Mayor to make some of the statements that he made on Monday night until such a decision on the new charter is rendered.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  1:31:54 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Over on Topix, they are reporting that Paul Kelly is stepping down as the parking clerk and he is being replaced by a "female from the Mayor's office". Take that for what you will.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  4:12:58 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm hearing that rumor all over the place. I have even heard the last name of the female from the mayor's office who is supposed to be getting the job.

If true, I wish Mr Kelly all the best...
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  8:57:03 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lattanzi. She's good but he'll be tough to replace......
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  10:25:25 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by justme

Lattanzi. She's good but he'll be tough to replace......

I agree...the tough to replace part. I don't really know much about her.

Edited by - massdee on 02/16/2012 10:26:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  11:41:39 AM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just overheard a rumor that the School Department may still be close to a half a million short and may still need to lay some employees off. Has anyone heard anything else?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  11:45:57 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard anything but it wouldn't surprise me. How much a year does the School Department spend in advertising in the newspapers?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  1:23:24 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Huey

Just overheard a rumor that the School Department may still be close to a half a million short and may still need to lay some employees off. Has anyone heard anything else?

Really.... even with the medicaid reimbursement that's coming? If there are layoffs (which I hope there are not) I hope the School Department takes a close look to see who is really needed and where the priorities are.

I don't understand. Didn't the Superintendent say they would be okay with the 1.5 million and the medicaid reimbursement?

How's the state funding coming along from the senator and state rep.... have you heard anything about that?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  2:06:37 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

I haven't heard anything but it wouldn't surprise me. How much a year does the School Department spend in advertising in the newspapers?

I agree with you massdee on the advertisements. Although it probably wont make a hill of beans in the overall operating budget, it's disingenuous to threaten layoffs and the very next week spend thousands of dollars on full page advertising. It makes you wonder. I'm not saying to stop it... but cut it down or consider an online site for the schools to award students and give them recognition. It's just a thought to save taxpayer dollars.
Go to Top of Page

whynot

47 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  4:33:27 PM  Show Profile Send whynot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sergio Cornelio for Southern Middlesex Registry of Deeds

Sergio was first elected to the Everett Common Council in 2007. He was appointed by his peers to serve as the President of the Common Council in the 2011 legislative year.

As a Councilman, Sergio has sponsored many peices of legisation, but he is most proud of his sponsorship of legislation that prevents Level 3 Sex O...ffenders, from living within 300 yards of a school, park, or day care. He has also sponsored legislation to have the City of Everett purchase vehicles that are eco-friendly. Sergio is currently seeking election the Southern Middlesex Registry of Deeds.
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  09:35:07 AM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heard this morning at a breakfast place that me and my girlfriend were at, that the 911 director is going to be the new parking clerk when paul kelly leaves in mid march, anyone hear this?
Go to Top of Page

Linda M

43 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  10:36:13 AM  Show Profile Send Linda M a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He has to put all his ducks in a row to hire all the people that help him on the last election.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  2:26:06 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you happen to hear who was replacing her?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2