Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 More Rumors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

GetALife

1 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  7:58:28 PM  Show Profile Send GetALife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rumor has it... This world is a lot bigger than Everett. If what happens in this city really bothers you then leave. You morons have no clue what you are talking about. Check your sources. In fact, don't even bother. Keep believing what you want and crying over stupid stuff. You'll never accomplish anything other than being a parasite. Id love to see one of you get up from behind your computer, attend a committee meeting, and speak your mind. Then you would gain some kind of worth to our society. Until then, keep hiding behind your retarded topix screen names, wishing you had even the slightest clue as to how you can be a contribution to society. You're all a waste.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  9:13:19 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We would respectfully disagree. BTW, just so you know, this isn't Topix. Have a nice evening!
Go to Top of Page

charm

264 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2012 :  10:19:17 AM  Show Profile Send charm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HEARD THAT THE MAYOR MADE THREATING REMARKS LAST NIGHT DOWN AT GLENDALE TO A COUNCILOR AND ALDERMAN

BULLYING IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN EVERETT

GROW UP MR. MAYOR
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2012 :  10:38:45 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard the same thing. I was not there, but heard from people who attended that the mayor was irate about something towards Alderwoman Cardello and Councilor Miller. I have no other details on it but find it improper at a 4th of July celebration.

I'm sorry but that is bullying. A big guy like that upset at two woman (and I dont care what it was) is very intimidating. If they said something he did not like, then he should have walked away. From what I'm hearing there could be legal repercussions to his actions.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  09:45:30 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wasn't there either but also heard about it. This certainly was not the time and place for this to happen.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  5:36:31 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A friend in Winthrop sent me this link............

You must be logged in to see this link.

It doesn't say when she starts but it looks like we'll soon have a new Parking Clerk.
Go to Top of Page

card

117 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  10:31:09 PM  Show Profile Send card a Private Message  Reply with Quote
july 16th and she has no idea how to work the system and everyone will be on vacation to teach her, welcome to everett.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  09:32:32 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's unlikely that "everyone" will be on vacation. If she's qualified for the job, she'll be fine. If she's another one of his mistakes, she'll fall on her face & he'll get rid of her like he did the others..........
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  10:09:55 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, she certainly sounds qualified for the position but sounds like a slight demotion to me.

Quote from the article - "It is enough to know that a long-term, hard-working employee who rose from the position as parking clerk to Assistant Chief Financial Officer and MIS Director for the town is leaving."

If she "rose from the position as a parking clerk to Assistant Chief Financial Officer....and was MIS Director" .......why go for the demotion and in another city?

My other concern is the residential ordinance that just passed. Were department heads exempt? I cant remember.

Other than that, she has some big shoes to fill in that position.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  10:15:49 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Department heads were not included in the current ordinance. If you look at the Winthrop FY13 budget, it's a major financial hit too. I think that there may be something more to this.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  10:56:46 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tetris

Department heads were not included in the current ordinance. If you look at the Winthrop FY13 budget, it's a major financial hit too. I think that there may be something more to this.

I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't help but wonder if she was next in line to be dismissed. As I understand it, the Town Manager seems to be coming down hard on those people he doesn't feel are doing the job.

Looking at the Winthrop Budget, they obviously don't do much parking enforcement so her expertise in that area is probably minimal. I wonder if he's planning on combining the Parking Clerk position with something else. He keeps trying (unsuccessfully) to do that........
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  11:36:58 AM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tails

Well, she certainly sounds qualified for the position but sounds like a slight demotion to me.

Quote from the article - "It is enough to know that a long-term, hard-working employee who rose from the position as parking clerk to Assistant Chief Financial Officer and MIS Director for the town is leaving."

If she "rose from the position as a parking clerk to Assistant Chief Financial Officer....and was MIS Director" .......why go for the demotion and in another city?

My other concern is the residential ordinance that just passed. Were department heads exempt? I cant remember.

Other than that, she has some big shoes to fill in that position.

Residency Ordinance went into effect July 1 so hires were rushed to get new position filled by the end of June. Again, I guess that there are no people living in Everett capable of doing the job. Or just people smart enough not to want to work under this administration.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  12:10:05 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree. A lot of questions with this appointment. I too find it hard to believe there was no one from the City of Everett qualified for that position. It's something that could have been done in good faith to support the ordinance. He gives Everett people the little gopher jobs and that's terrible.

I hope it's not about merging positions either, because department head mergers just do not work. Of course we hear cost savings, etc etc etc… When people are flustered and overwhelmed, they make mistakes, which end up being more costly and inefficient work. Mr. Kelly was a hard worker, very organized and always had a surplus. That is what you call a good department head and merging that position would be a mistake.

Any positions to be merged are the smaller ones within the department...not the department head.

I hope this appointment is not cronyism either because I'm sure Carlo will want something in return.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  12:10:36 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking at it from afar, it doesn't seem that she was the first choice to fill the vacant CFO position in Winthrop; she may have felt snubbed over that.

So taking the conjecture a couple of steps further, we know that the administration wants to establish a CFO position in the city. The only way that they are likely to find a suitable candidate to take that position for the money that they are able to offer is to find somebody with some experience who is looking to move up. But there are a couple of problems with introducing the CFO position in Everett at this time.

First, the position hasn't been established thru an administrative code yet. Secondly, we've been told that the CFO will also be the auditor. The city is required to have an auditor by the old charter and the ordinances. Problem is that there is also an ordinance that limits the amount that the city auditor and other positions can be paid. Usually, that ordinance is voted upon every year even if the limits are not changed; that wasn't done this year.

So what I'm thinking is that the parking clerk position is only intended to be a temporary stop for this person. Just a guess though. The next city council agenda may give us a clue if I'm way off base or not.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  12:25:33 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You may be right Tetris but that brings up another question. If she wasn't seen as qualified to be the CFO in Winthrop (where she's worked for 19 years), does anyone believe she's qualified to be the CFO in Everett?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2