Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 More Rumors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  12:44:39 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I usually try not to speculate on things as much as I did today on this subject; but to me at least, it's the only direction that makes sense.

You raise a valid question, justme. But not really knowing the situation in Winthrop, it's really hard to judge why she didn't get that job. If this does come to fruition in the manner that I've speculated, I would hope that the board of aldermen (don't know if the common council would be involved; but we know what they would do as a whole anyways) would do a proper review of her qualifications as a candidate for the position.
Go to Top of Page

streetsmart

37 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  3:42:35 PM  Show Profile Send streetsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard this afternoon the new parking clerk is going to be wearing two hats - part time parking clerk and part time IT director.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  4:04:39 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't we have an IT Director?

Help! I need a lesson. The article in the transcript about their departing employee says Asst CFO & MIS.

Is MIS the same as IT? I think IT = Information Technology & MIS = ? Information Systems. Are they the same thing just titled differently?

Edited by - justme on 07/09/2012 4:27:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

OuttaHere

58 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  11:44:32 PM  Show Profile Send OuttaHere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like you've got Mr. 60" waist against the ropes!

However, Lets's wait for a ruling from "Mrs. Doe Eyes"! :)

Translation: You R Screwed!

Ciao Gavones!

Go to Top of Page

charm

264 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  1:06:53 PM  Show Profile Send charm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
can't wait until she goes in front of the BOA July 30th can't come fast enough, so we can meet her,
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2012 :  9:42:36 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I spent some time with friends from Winthrop today. I got two interesting pieces of information.

1) Our new parking clerk was collecting multiple paychecks, which is quite legal, in Winthrop. Asst CFO, Parking Clerk, MIS Director, Harbor Master. They think there was a 5th but no one could remember what it was.

2) The general consensus is, she left before she was asked to leave.

I hope they're wrong..............

Edited by - justme on 07/10/2012 9:43:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

streetsmart

37 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  07:37:32 AM  Show Profile Send streetsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
good job justme, I also found out she was a former body builder with steven cardillo if that is worth anything, also someone posted she will be alone cause of vacations, that post is true the two woman who know how to run the system will be gone next week. Maybe she will wear her other hat as the IT person.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  09:42:40 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just spoke with a friend who works @ city hall. She heard the new Parking Clerk will be part time. It will be interesting to see how many hats he wants her to wear. Three........... Parking Clerk, MIS, & CFO? Or just two........... Parking Clerk & MIS? (Until he gets a CFO approved?)

He keeps trying to combine department heads & it never works. Will he ever learn?
Go to Top of Page

streetsmart

37 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2012 :  10:44:43 AM  Show Profile Send streetsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
your right on the money justme gary from mis dept. last day is this thurs. the parking clerk will be wearing two hats on monday now
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2012 :  11:07:54 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I posted my "CFO theory", I'd heard a rumor that the current MIS director was probably on his way out, one way or another. So maybe this was the plan all along and what I had speculated was just that, plain speculation. Oh well, that's why I don't usually like to indulge in that kind of practice all that much, in public at least.

That said, I think that the new person is going to have her hands full trying to handle both of these jobs. There's only two budgeted positions in the MIS department and I believe the second one is vacant and has been for a while. Good luck!!
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2012 :  2:16:43 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if she started yesterday?
Go to Top of Page

streetsmart

37 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2012 :  5:59:19 PM  Show Profile Send streetsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NO, justme she started today
Go to Top of Page

streetsmart

37 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2012 :  6:01:39 PM  Show Profile Send streetsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh yea forgot to tell you all, the lady at dempsey's her daughter is working at the health dept. big hanlon fan back in the day, and rocco's anthony ferrante working for the city now
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  09:33:10 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor Alderman Van Campen will be running for mayor next year?
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  11:06:53 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The way I heard it, he's considering it but is still undecided. The general consensus among the people I know who are (or were) involved in city politics is that Carlo will be hard to beat.

I imagine one major consideration will be if anyone else runs. There have been rumors that Millie is going to run &, aside from the fact that I personally think she's a complete waste of time, she'd end up being the "spoiler" that would guarantee Carlo's re-election.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2