Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 More Rumors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  10:22:51 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If there is a three way race in the primary, I would think it would easily end up being Carlo and Robert in the general election. In my opinion, Robert could be a viable candidate if he makes up his mind early and runs with it. All his going back and forth as he did in previous years is a definite turn off.

One can only hope...
Go to Top of Page

sweetdeal2007

29 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2012 :  2:47:16 PM  Show Profile Send sweetdeal2007 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
heard just a bit ago that the 17 year old mayor now who's taking mayor murphy place had a fundraiser last night at the 8-10 oops forgot to send out invite's as only 5 people show up.

let's have a 17 year old now run the city
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2012 :  11:01:02 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sweetdeal2007

heard just a bit ago that the 17 year old mayor now who's taking mayor murphy place had a fundraiser last night at the 8-10 oops forgot to send out invite's as only 5 people show up.

Now, that is funny!
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2012 :  11:37:09 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sweetdeal2007

He is more mature than hs cousin, a better speaker, a better listener and more gentleman.
Go to Top of Page

spinncitycinn

22 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  10:24:39 AM  Show Profile Send spinncitycinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SO MANY RUMORS OUT THERE LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT

SONDRO STEP DOWN ON THE S.C AS WARD FIVE
ROBERT CARREIRO STEPPED DOWN AND NOW IS WARD FIVE S.C
THOMAS ABRUZZES IS NOW S.C WARD SIX

KEN GIANNELLI IS RESIGNING AS C.C WARD ONE TOOK A JOB WITH THE CITY
AND SHERRY LANDRY WILL BECOME THE NEW C.C.WARD ONE

ANYONE ON THIS
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  11:56:45 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've also heard that about Ken Gianelli. Who is Sherry Landry? Can anyone from Ward 1 run for that CC seat? It could be interesting...
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  12:04:40 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't get how Carreiro can go from a Ward 6 School Committee member to Ward 5. Did he move? Even under the old charter, School Committee ward members are required to live in the ward they represent.

I've heard the Giannelli job is actually with the school department. Since I've also heard a rumor that he's moved out of the city, that would get around the newly implemented residency requirement for city employees.

So we're just hearing about Giannelli's resignation and a replacement has already been decided upon? As we know, it's been decided that the new charter isn't in effect for the filing of vacant city council. But there is a requirement in it that such a vacancy needs to be posted for 14 days before it can be filled. How can they morally just ignore something like that? Where's even the attempt of transparency in that? I'm sure Peter Napolitano can't be happy about this; I just don't see him having the votes to get a seat back though.

No wonder I don't post as much as I used to. The politics in this city have gone way past absurd.
Go to Top of Page

spinncitycinn

22 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  1:02:42 PM  Show Profile Send spinncitycinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LANDRY IS THE PERSON WHO RAN WITH KEN ON FOR WARD ONE, I HEARD SHE IS VERY GOOD FRIENDS WITH THE MAYORS, STACK THE DECK
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  1:48:20 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like they will be swapping one supporter for another then...
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  4:00:25 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't there supposed to be a year before an elected official can become a city employee? Or doesn't that count for a job with the school department? Not that that ever stopped them with other people...........
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  4:45:06 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to the city solicitor, that part of the new (sick of calling it that) charter is not in effect yet; see Adam Ragucci. I'd expect more of this between now and January 2014.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  6:47:49 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too bad the "new charter" did put dates for when each item should be implemented.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  9:02:18 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's more fun with no dates. This way the idiots running the city can pick & choose the ones they want to use!!
Go to Top of Page

Wildfire132

31 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  9:40:47 PM  Show Profile Send Wildfire132 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spinncitycinn

LANDRY IS THE PERSON WHO RAN WITH KEN ON FOR WARD ONE, I HEARD SHE IS VERY GOOD FRIENDS WITH THE MAYORS, STACK THE DECK

I spoke with some of the Councilors who told me they had already been contacted by Peter Napolitano about filling the empty seat. Wonder how the rest of the Council will justify a vote, "a friend of the Mayor vs experience!"
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  11:14:00 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't there a semi-(in)famous quote about "government by politics" and "acquaintances instead of qualifications"? Just can't think of the rest of it right now...

As far as the charter goes, I believe the intention was for it all to be implemented immediately after it was adopted and the transitional powers contained in it were to be used to handle situations that didn't quite fit during the two years that the city would still have a two branch legislature. Instead. the city solicitor decided it would be better to go with the more fun "Choose one from Column A and one from Column B" option.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2