Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 More Rumors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

richie

139 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  07:23:26 AM  Show Profile Send richie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shea, Robert J.
Formerly of Haverhill and Everett, age 62, Oct. 26. Brother of Madilyn "Lynne" Raftery of Millbury, uncle of Kate Raftery of Salem, longtime friend to Judy Kelley of Saugus. Mr. Shea was retired from the Everett School District, and devoted his life as a basketball coach. He proudly served as a US Marine and was a Viet Nam veteran. There will be a military funeral on Friday, Nov. 2 at 12:45pm at the Massachusetts National Cemetery, Bourne. Visiting hours will be held at the Campbell - Lee, Moody, Russell Funeral Home, 525 Cabot Street, Beverly, Friday from 9AM- 10:30 AM. Relatives & friends invited. A memorial gathering will be held Friday at 5PM at the Veteran's Outreach Center at 10 Reed St. Haverhill, MA. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Youth Basketball c/o Madilyn Raftery, 25 McCracken Rd. Millbury, MA 01527. Information, directions and condolences at
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  9:27:00 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rumor also has it there is someone on the BOA that might not be sleeping good tonight. This investigations is going to go much deeper than just Stat.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  06:12:18 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting. I wouldn't have been surprised is you had said the Common Council but I didn't expect to see the BOA. We shall see.....
Go to Top of Page

card

117 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2013 :  4:43:22 PM  Show Profile Send card a Private Message  Reply with Quote
here is a list of people running for state rep

john hanlon
joe lamonica
joe santigate possible
mike marchese
wayne matewsky
joe hickey
mike mangan
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2013 :  06:35:24 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The people planning to run is amazing to e. Has Cornelio dropped out? I thought he had thrown his hat in as well.......
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2013 :  11:46:44 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sergio is in the mix for sure. He had a time at Shooters last week to announce he's running. Actually, he is the only one that I can say that is confirmed running so far.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2013 :  9:46:38 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When do they have to have their papers in? That's when we'll know who's really serious about this. But, I have to say, I don't see anyone in the group that I'm willing to back......... They haven't impressed me on a local level & I doubt they'll improve
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2013 :  10:06:27 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The list from above came from this week's Advocate as best as I can tell.

They also had a picture of Matewsky pulling papers and he had a basic ad in the paper too.

Mangan had his announcement in this week's Advocate as well. Front page material? Really?? It wasn't very impressive, IMHO. It had no mention of any legislative accomplishments while he's been on the CC and BOA nor any platform ot plans for the rep seat. Just "I'm a nice guy" stuff.

Somebody told me that nomination papers are due on 01/22. So anybody who is seriously interested in running needs to get going quickly. Can't remember how many signatures are required.

The Advocate also said that the primary will be on March 5 and the final election will be on April 2.
Go to Top of Page

card

117 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  04:55:23 AM  Show Profile Send card a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Calendar

(to fill vacancy caused by the resignation of Representative Stephen Stat Smith)

October 31, 2012

Last day for a person running in the state primary to enroll in a party or for a person running only in the state election to unenroll from a party, except for newly registered voters.

January 22, 2013

5:00 P.M. last day and hour for submitting nomination papers to local Registrars of Voters or Election Commissioners for the certification of signatures.

January 28, 2013

Certification of nomination papers must be completed

January 29, 2013

5:00 P.M. last day and hour for filing nomination papers, including enrollment certificate and State Ethics Commission receipt, with the Secretary of the Commonwealth.

February 1, 2013

5:00 P.M. last day and hour for filing withdrawals of or objections to all nomination papers and certificates of nomination with the Secretary of the Commonwealth.

February 6, 2013

5:00 P.M. last day and hour for filling vacancies caused by withdrawals for primary candidates.

February 13, 2013

Last day to register voters for the state primary; registration hours 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. (except in towns under 1500 registered voters, registration hours 2:00–4:00 P.M. and 7:00–8:00 P.M.).

March 5, 2013

State Primary

March 11, 2013

5:00 P.M. last day and hour for filing withdrawals of or objections to nominations made at the state primary and for filing written acceptances by write-in or sticker candidates who won in the state primary with the Secretary of the Commonwealth.

March 13, 2013

Last day to register voters for the state election; registration hours 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. (except in towns under 1500 registered voters, registration hours 2:00–4:00 P.M. and 7:00–8:00 P.M.).

March 14, 2013

5:00 P.M. last day and hour for filling vacancies caused by withdrawals at the state primary.

April 2, 2013

State Election

150 certified signatures required for all candidates.

Please see:

A Candidate's Guide to Special Elections

also available from:

Elections Division
One Ashburton Place, Room 1705
Boston, MA 02108-1512
Telephone 617-727-2828 or 800-462-VOTE

For information about campaign contributions and expenses contact:

Office of Campaign and Political Finance
One Ashburton Place, Room 411
Boston, MA 02108
Telephone: 617-979-8300 or 800-462-OCPF

*Middlesex County
EVERETT
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  09:22:14 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Card but I'm confused about that October 31, 2012 date. Is there any adjustment there since no one knew that Stat would be resigning?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  09:49:42 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This should answer your question justme. It's from "A Candidate's Guide to Special Elections" document listed in card's post.

How to Run in a Party Primary

Candidates for nomination in the primary election must be enrolled members of the party whose nomination they seek and, except for newly registered voters, must have been enrolled in that party throughout the 90 days preceding the filing deadline with the Secretary of the Commonwealth. In addition, no person can be a candidate for nomination by one party if that person had been enrolled in any other party during the one year period preceding the filing date with the Secretary for this election.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  11:17:50 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tetris, that will leave Mike Marchese out of the mix, until very recently he was an Independent.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  2:21:33 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you saying that an independent can't run or just for primary
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  3:26:40 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it would only be the primary from what Tetris posted.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  10:36:30 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't you think anyone running for that (any) office would have verified their eligibility? Marchese isn't the brightest bulb in the string but he should have checked before saying he was going to run.

Makes him look like a fool. Oh wait.................he is!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2