Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Local Election
 Who's Running
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  8:38:58 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have never been a huge fan of Peter Napolitano, but to be honest, he is making a lot of sense at tonight's Common Council meeting. I am starting to lean his way for mayor.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  10:19:30 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The thing that gets me is that all the people who voted against the budget, did not attemp to make one single cut. Joe McGonagle did not even show up at the budget sessions, and Peter and Rosemary did not propose one single cut! To me that is just hypocritical, and goes to show they are just all talk. At least some tried to cut, and I give those members credit for trying.

Lets be honest Dee, you would never vote for Carlo anyway...

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  10:24:38 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Miller tried to make cuts and each time she was shot down. When she questioned the $750,000 in the Mayor's office reserves word came down that you can't cut the Mayor's budget. On the $1.2m for the capital improvement, Miller spoke against and voted against, but it passed. The only thing to get cut, Miller spoke against another position at the top. Each time a cut was proposed, the same group that sticks together voted to let it pass. Check you facts.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  06:54:57 AM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did she propose any of her own cuts? I don't think so.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  07:50:59 AM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't you love how civil discourse gets turned into a personal attack... All you guys do is complain. Run for office and come up with some solutions!

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  08:10:46 AM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
GO TO SCHOOL
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  08:47:54 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I voted for Carlo many times when he was on the city council. The first time he ran for mayor I would have supported him if I hadn't already been committed to a different candidate. Carlo got into that race a lot later than the other candidates. This time around I have been seriously considering leaving the mayor's ballot blank. I didn't say I was voting for Peter, I said I was leaning his way. There are still many months to the election and I could go with my original thought and just leave it blank...
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  09:55:50 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where were you Poli Scientist in 2006? I'll tell you were I was....I was instrumental in getting Carlo elected mayor. Within 4 months, he forgot all about who helped him and who got him elected... and all the work I did for him was on my own personal time while working full time with a family. Even still, I was never looking for a job, favors or money although others were... and I worked MUCH harder than them. Some on his team were too timid to make phone calls. That did not bother me, and I did it for them. There was other work that I was part of, that got him elected. I'm also going to state that his current Chief of Staff is immature and has a BIG mouth both then, and now. She used to complain every day how she's not getting enough money and she made out very well for working in a solicitors office before passing the bar. Yet, she still complains. I would have been grateful, but that's the difference between her and I.

There are people that were actually on his opposition back then, that he now rewards with favors and jobs. That's fine, but those are the people ( I thought) he would stray away from. I also thought Carlo would be different, and we would not have that mob-rule mentality, but I've never seen it any worse than it is now, and he's a person that is so full of himself. Some people may call this complaining, I don't. I call it constructive criticism and also the truth.

Some of my issues in the beginning were such high paying salaries, and to outside Everett people. Another big issue was he stands up there and defends low life Thibeault, instead of the residents of Everett.

And maybe not too much would be said if there has not been such a dramatic change in dynamics from our 3 local rags, that hardly report issues in the city......since the papers do not want to bite the hand that feeds them. I have no respect for that.

Erin Deveny salary was "justified" that she was COS and City Solicitor. When that did not pan out, her salary stayed the same then we have "deer in the headlights" Collen Mejia who was going to be Personnel Director AND City Solicitor. AGAIN, that did not pan out either, but the salaries stayed the same. The current COS doubled her salary in a year. PLEASE..give me a break with the underpaid salary BS from last night!

He's too complacent and it's time for change. I believe in term limits for public sector. When you don't have that, you get complacency and just sheer laziness. That's what we have now.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  1:43:59 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually it was 2007 and I was probally working side by side with you.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  1:46:47 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cathyk

GO TO SCHOOL

Did I hit a nerve? By the way, thanks but I already graduated.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  2:26:13 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Poli Scientist

Actually it was 2007 and I was probally working side by side with you.

Sick of hacks...

My bad, it was 2007. Just seems so long ago.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  3:01:33 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can think of a lot of cuts and this is without having the privilege of having a budget book in advance and studying it.

We should not be paying a police chief that does not even live in Everett $142,795.00. That's absurd.

I understand union issues and contracts, ect, but who is it from the city that does the negotiating? Is is not the mayor and his city solicitor? If so, I do not believe they fought hard enough. Maybe it's because it's an election year.

The animal control officer went from $31,000.00 to $40,372.00 for doing NOTHING.

I also think City Services should have been looked at more and cut. We have increased positions in FY12 from FY11 without justification.

$213,0000.00 in city services overtime! I come home at 2:00AM and city services is watering plants! That's overtime pay that needs to be looked at and cut! But all you see in the mornings are city service employees on DCR property.

Wireless cell phones $20,000.00. Come on! You can buy outright 2-way radios for A LOT cheaper than that.

Just take note of who refused to cut and who tried. For the ones that are so far up the mayors ass that they are coming out of his eyeballs GET RID OF. They are a waste of money, time and hot air.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  3:18:45 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is why I support the new charter. It is ridiculous to have 25 members of city government in a city this small. I don't understand why Marchese is so opposed to the unicamerial form of government. It's not like he won't grab a seat.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  4:17:22 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I probably will not know how I'm voting on Charter until I get to the booth. I'm torn because as much as I am against the bicameral form of government, I also feel that strongly about the four year term for mayor. It does not matter who the mayor is, I'm not in favor of the four year term and I feel the charter commission is just slapping the people in the face that voted unanimously back in 2003 for a two year term. It bothers me when a selected few of nine people think they can just go and take that right away from everyone. If that part was a separate ballot question, then I would fully support the charter commission.
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  3:56:47 PM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AS OF JUNE 22

CARLO DEMARIA
PETER NAPOLITANO
JOSEPH SANTIGATE PENDING MAYOR AND ALDERMAN AT LARGE

ALDERMAN AT LARGE
JOSEPH SANTIGATE
JOSEPH MCGONAGLE
DOMENIC PULEO DEMARIA
ROBERT DIBIASO

ALDERMAN WARD ONE
MILLIE CARDELLO

ALDERMAN WARD TWO