Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Local Election
 Mayor's Race 2011
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  7:15:29 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
How will you be voting in this upcoming Mayor's race.

Results:
Mayor Carlo DeMaria Jr.   [16%] 4 votes
Councilman Peter A. Napolitano   [84%] 21 votes
Blank   [0%] 0 votes
Write-in   [0%] 0 votes

Poll Status: Open  »»   Total Votes: 25 counted  »»   Last Vote: 08/22/2012 10:08:10 AM 

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  7:17:09 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I am not a huge fan of either of them. BUT, IMHO, I think it is better to stick with the guy we have now, rather than have this be 2005 all over again.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  08:01:12 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would not like to see 2005 over again because we would not be stuck with Carlo running us into the ground today!
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  09:01:46 AM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think that electing PN will put us back to 2005 unless he chooses to spend his time pinning things on Carlo. We need to have a person who understands how the average Everett resident lives without 4 Honey Dew Donut store to feed them cash. Perhaps, the Mayor would like to front the dough for the residents to have a franchise?
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  10:33:56 AM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you cozulady we need a mayor with a brain. If carlo wants to franchise me he can I need help with my mortagage payment
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  11:00:54 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Huey

Personally, I am not a huge fan of either of them. BUT, IMHO, I think it is better to stick with the guy we have now, rather than have this be 2005 all over again.

By your logic, we should not give anyone else a chance. We cant get any worse than what we have now. Currently, we have a mayor that throws money away without a second thought.... but when asked to curb spending, we get scare tactic of cutting safety. The taxpayers are bearing the brunt of the mayor's fiscal irresponsibility. He has wasted countless tax dollars and we have crap for free cash. The people that actually PAY ATTENTION know that this year will be worse than prior years. I describe Mayor Demaria as "penny wise and pound foolish." The only remedy for all this frivolous spending will be tax increases. It needs to stop, and the only way it will is with a new administration. It's time.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  11:27:14 AM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand what you are saying, but there is just something about Peter that I don't like. He seems condescending. At least we know what we have in the corner office. We all remember what we said in 2005. That "things couldn't get worse." They sure as hell did! I don't want to make that mistake again.
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  11:52:36 AM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What don't you like about Peter Baby huey? Why cause he is real and not fake like Carlo and he treats people with RESPECT
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  12:06:40 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't like either of them. Carlo spends too much money and I've spoken to Peter on many occasions as a constituent and he has always been a jerk to me.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  1:21:15 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Huey

I understand what you are saying, but there is just something about Peter that I don't like. He seems condescending. At least we know what we have in the corner office. We all remember what we said in 2005. That "things couldn't get worse." They sure as hell did! I don't want to make that mistake again.

You might feel that he is condescending, but that is just his knowledge coming through. Sometimes it is necessary with that group to speak in such a manner because you get not respect from your fellow councillors. If you have had a personal interaction with Peter that you were not comfortable with, you should discuss it with him. Perhaps you were asking for something that was beyond the power of a councillor to do or change.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  1:33:26 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have personally spoken to Peter about how he comes across and he was willing to listen. Try the personal approach. It works!!
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  1:57:44 PM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow I have no problem with Peter, I like a guy who looks you straight in the eyeballs. Maybe baby can't handle it to understand.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  2:49:12 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice Cozulady, maybe i'll give him another chance.
Go to Top of Page

snoopy1

64 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  5:43:16 PM  Show Profile Send snoopy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Peter is a nice man. He is honest and sometimes people hear things they do not like. That's honesty not condensing. I cant imagine what it must feel like being on that council with people that are repulsive to anything he brings up.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  10:22:48 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean Snoopy about honesty not always being popular, but there is a diplomatic way to approach situations like that.
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  10:35:15 AM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to today's paper the mayor has accept the debate with Peter. Let the games begin. Go get him Peter, My question who will moderate?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2