Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sports
 Rec Center Discussion
 Recreation Center
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  11:45:39 AM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jane - I haven't seen the Advocate yet; it doesn't make it to my neighborhood. What did it say?
Go to Top of Page

Home

97 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  11:47:34 AM  Show Profile Send Home a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jane
You realy have to start using punctuation.
Your blog entry is almost impossible to read.
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  11:57:59 AM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Advocate doesn't come out till Friday. Must be in today's Independent.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  1:03:23 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems there is money missing and unaccounted for. Cash was taken in exchange for banners etc. Some of the "missing" money has been found. I tried to scan the article and post it here but I do not know how to do it. It is too long to type and frankly since it is the Independent it sort of just repeats the same things over and over.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  1:08:48 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a web site for the Independent. Last weeks issue is still there but it should be updated shortly. You must be logged in to see this link.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Home

97 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  3:01:34 PM  Show Profile Send Home a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moderator - quote removed ----

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Moderator - removed initials ----
Go to Top of Page

Home

97 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  3:03:26 PM  Show Profile Send Home a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I mean Jane
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  9:07:40 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the amount in question is $10,000; the Independent said that Simonelli had alluded to a $60,000 discrepancy. And I saw that in the "Eye on Everett", not written up as a news story. So it's just more speculation.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  12:07:32 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lynda there are facts. Nobody wants to ruin peoples lives.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  12:34:46 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lynda, if you're waiting for facts to be printed about this in any of the local papers, you'll have a long wait. The Independent had wind of this story over a week ago; this week they only print a piece about it in their Eye column, which is basically an opinion column, not where hard news backed up by any kind of fact gets printed. Why did one of their reporters not investigate the story? My guess is it's because Resnek favors Hanlon and doesn't want to print anything that makes the administration look bad.

What will be interesting will be to see what the Advocate prints tomorrow. For whatever reason, Mitchell has it in for Hanlon and is likely to print anything. Sadly, we can't be guaranteed that any of that will be based in fact, either. Mitchell has never been known to let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  1:13:33 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, as with most investigations, these things take time. If you recall, when a similar circumstance happened in the Building Department, I don't know that the person involved was ever arrested. She was questioned and charged, and she had to pay the money back, but I don't believe she ever went to jail.

Things will undoubtedly happen with this situation that we will never know about. In the case of the Building Department, the supervisors of the women involved were suspended; who do we suspend here pending investigation -- the Mayor?

Come to think of it, maybe that's not a bad idea after all.
Go to Top of Page

everettlifer

12 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  3:47:29 PM  Show Profile Send everettlifer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, I have so much to say about what is going on and being said I just don't know where to begin. Let's start by saying that the Rec is a great place to go with your kids and they have a great staff that runs the toddler programs. On to Bill.....I have witnessed with my own eyes and ears the spew that comes out of that guy's mouth. I know for a fact that banners were paid in cash and there is no record of that cash. I also know for a fact that some of the businesses that purchased banners for cash have written letters to the Rec stating they gave Bill the cash and they have no receipt. That seems shady to me. If you are doing good for the kids and the City why would you knowingly accept the cash. The policy of the City is no cash accepted over $5. So why was cash being accepted??? Obviously if you work for the City you know their policies and procedures. Let's not forget one important thing, Bill is a grown adult and no one else should be to blame for his deceitful actions. It's easy to point fingers and blame other high ranking City officials, but his job was his job and no one at City hall or any where else was babysitting him. He will have to answer for his actions when the rest of the facts come out. If he's not guilty then why did he show up at City hall the other day and give them $1900 in cash. Sounds like a "pay-back" to me. More to follow later........
Go to Top of Page

everettlifer

12 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  3:54:20 PM  Show Profile Send everettlifer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you read my message you would know that I personally spoke with him. Also the banner/cash stuff is just common knowledge.
Go to Top of Page

everettlifer

12 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  4:00:25 PM  Show Profile Send everettlifer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am speaking facts and eventually it will all come out. It takes time to search out exactly what's missing (there seems to be some confusion about the $$ that is missing.) The $60,000 is the amount the mayor needs for his internal audit of the City not the Rec. The amount in question at the Rec is between 10,000 and 13,000 most of it being from the banners. More stuff comes to light as more research of items are done. It will take time to hash it out.
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  5:20:03 PM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fancy,

The Recreation Problem has just serviced.....and with that The City has at least got the man to resign and put and end to the stealing of children's program money. It gets worse!!!!!
The BOB MARCIN FOUNDATION Created By Billy is said to be a fraudulent charity. It is recommended that people who made any contributions to that foundation look into calling the Attorney General's Office. It is also recommended that any Everett Resident who is concerned about this Foundation not being a legal
foundation, they too should call the Attorney General's Office. This man has got to be stopped.

Wow! You must really have an ax to grind against Bill. These words are inflammatory and Defamatory. I have to speak in regards to the words you said. Are you an ex-employee of the REC or a current one? What you are doing is despicable. Do not try and say that you are warning people, you don't have a right to speak on behalf of anyone related to the Marcin family.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2