Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sports
 Rec Center Discussion
 Recreation Center
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  5:24:46 PM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, by the way, the word is surfaced,not serviced.

Lifer, you say that you speak facts? Then you have no problem proving them...Facts are something tangible.. Then why are you not working with Johnny Law and spearheading an investigation? This kind of muckraking sounds like the worst kind of politics going.
Gee, do we have any Ex Directors out here on this blog spewing?
Go to Top of Page

everettlifer

12 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  10:39:57 PM  Show Profile Send everettlifer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not or never have worked for the Rec or the City of Everett. I am a taxpayer and rumors like this just don't make themselves up. I cannot spearhead an investigation because I am an ordinary citizen of the City who would have no authority at City Hall to be allowed to investigate. But I'm sure there is a lot of investigating going on at City Hall and at the Rec Center's books.
Go to Top of Page

everettlifer

12 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  11:07:16 PM  Show Profile Send everettlifer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went back and re-read all the posts. That said I would like to comment on some things being said about the cost of going to the Rec. It is not free for the toddler program, the afterschool kindergarten program, the wiffleball and hockey program that took place over the summer, and the rental ($180) of the Rec for a private function (plus the city has to pay a detail person) and the basketball programs that run afterschool. Those are all FACT that you pay a registration fee. So there are a lot of kids signed up for all these programs that do generate a lot of money. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that there was no "money to steal".

Also the banners were to generate about $750 each. There are about 38 banners. $28,500 should have been collected. Word has it that there is a letter that was written to the businesses stating if you paid your fee in cash you would get a discount price of $500. And also word has it that some other businesses got special deals in turn for their banner. What is being said out there is that only $10,000 of this money is actually accounted for.

It really doesn't matter what is being said since it's all opinion anyway. What will really matter is when one of the three or all newspapers actually run a factual story. It did take some time for a factual story to run on the incident at City Hall in the building dept. This story seems to be a repeat of that one whereas it takes time to hash it all out. But I guess only time will tell......
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  09:17:45 AM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lynda, if you're so upset about the things being said out here about the former Recreation director, why do you insist on perpetuating this conversation?

Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  09:18:32 AM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He said "rumors" like this just don't make themselves up. Another words there is something to all of this.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

everettlifer

12 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  09:38:36 AM  Show Profile Send everettlifer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW I'm not backing down from my first post...let's just say I have reliabe sources. I do not wish to name names for my info. Like I said before time will tell all and my facts will be proven.
Go to Top of Page

everettlifer

12 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  11:40:24 AM  Show Profile Send everettlifer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Lynda you should probably take your own advice then since you seem to be very interested in what people are saying.
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  1:19:03 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey - "innocent until proven guilty" worked for Freddy, despite probation and fines...so perhaps it should work for everybody else.
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  1:31:22 PM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poetically put Court. At what time did Bill stop being innocent? Never...He is not on trial, has not been charged,has not been found wanting, but yet he has been weighed and measured. Just what did happen? Can anyone prove anything. Nope. What we have here is definitely a witch hunt unless FACTS are shown, stated and proven. Honestly people, if the law was involved, you are telling me that wouldn't make the papers?
Go to Top of Page

everettlifer

12 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  2:58:05 PM  Show Profile Send everettlifer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like I said before these things just don't start on their own. Word was already circulating around the Rec before his resignation that something was going on. I think it would be considered a fact when you are told directly from the source.....
Go to Top of Page

bbpolitical
Forum Admin

265 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  9:54:47 PM  Show Profile Send bbpolitical a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I spoke to a recent Everett High grad who was a veteran of the yout h center over there and he confirmed what I already knew. That Bill had a myriad of health problems and no one who knew him was surprised that that would be the reason he stepped down. However, Bill was also clearly not happy with the powers that be and he had been a hold over from the previous administration. Other than this, no one can really say with any certainty what went down with the banners. The argument that he pocketed money or mis-allocated it is entirely plausible. But having the opportunity to take it doesn't mean he did. I am content to wait and see.

Also, all of the discussion has bordered on the personal. Now that Bill is no longer a public employee, I will request that we refrain from discussion over his family members or his private matters not related to his previous position. The Bob Marcin Foundation, however, being purported as a registered charity is open to debate as is Bill's actions regarding ethical issues connected with the rec center or the charity. I haven't seen anything over the line in this regard, but please take care to not violate privacy.

Finally, one member has seemed to claim knowledge of another's username. I find this reprehensible, because anonymity is a right we all have on this board. I will remove the related comments.
Even I can't find this info out within this forum, even if I wanted to, so I question the authenticity of the claim and certainly the right of any of the rest of us to know.

Michael

I am an average resident of Everett who would like to see more communication about anything and everything to do with Everett
Go to Top of Page

bbpolitical
Forum Admin

265 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  10:20:44 PM  Show Profile Send bbpolitical a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EverettsPride

How do you see what screen names sign on?

Sally

When you go to the All Forum view, the very bottom includes a menu bar with all of the site statistics, including how many users are online and the screennames of the ones who are online. It also includes how many guests and the most recent post plus some other info.

Michael

I am an average resident of Everett who would like to see more communication about anything and everything to do with Everett
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  10:58:15 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Bowdridge was not a holdover from the previous administration.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  11:23:13 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Michael,
Mr. Sansone and another former principal (forget his name) were the people in charge of the rec before Bill Bowdiidge. He was not a holdover he was a Hanlon appointment. He is a good friend of Mike Marchese from what I hear.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

bbpolitical
Forum Admin

265 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  11:22:40 AM  Show Profile Send bbpolitical a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EverettsPride

Michael,
Mr. Sansone and another former principal (forget his name) were the people in charge of the rec before Bill Bowdiidge. He was not a holdover he was a Hanlon appointment. He is a good friend of Mike Marchese from what I hear.

Sally

Oh, maybe I have him confused with someone else. When I first started going to the Rec, it was before Hanlon won the election and I thought Bill was there. Oh well... Thanks for the correction. I still think what the former student told me about Bill's health issues are true and that it remains to be seen whether opportunity led to a crime being committed

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2