Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sports
 Rec Center Discussion
 Recreation Center
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  12:55:27 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
His condition has nothing to do with the money missing. I do not understand why people keep mentioning it???

Sally
Go to Top of Page

raguccicanseeyou

7 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  5:31:30 PM  Show Profile Send raguccicanseeyou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cause if you think about they have nothing else to blame it on so lets blame his condition.. where is the missing money, I know they found some but, where is the rest? And what about his charity? I can't seem to find it on the web.
Go to Top of Page

HADENUFF

4 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  01:27:57 AM  Show Profile Send HADENUFF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Linda Dear,
Grow up..haven't you ever heard the expression "behind every rumor. lies some truth"?...........do you honestly think people are just randomly making up lies re:Billy stealing from the City, hence, OUR tax money?
There are people who do know for a FACT, just because they won't tell you HOW, you want to assume they are liars? I hope you are as quick to apoligize to them as you are to bash THEIR reputations!
The FACTS, dearheart WILL come out (hopefully, I'd hate to see this be ANOTHER "sweep under the rug"political issue)
I,for one, have
HADENUFF!
Go to Top of Page

Home

97 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  08:53:43 AM  Show Profile Send Home a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HADENUFF
Linda has left he building. But, I will answer for her though since she doesn't want to play anymore. Question for you. You wrote:
There are people who do know for a FACT, just because they won't tell you HOW, you want to assume they are liars? I hope you are as quick to apoligize to them as you are to bash THEIR reputations!

Is this as you BASH Bill's? Are you going to apoligize to him?
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  10:55:46 AM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay Bill. We'll see how this all plays out before we apologize to you, K?
Go to Top of Page

Home

97 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  11:10:29 AM  Show Profile Send Home a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay Sherlock, But, this isn't Bill. A for effort though.
Let me give you some clues though since you seem so interested.
I am a MAN of Irish decent, I am over 50, live here in the city, about 5'9" tall, graying, quite handsome (so I have been told), happily married (second time around), kids, work for the city and know exactly who you are. Ummmmm... I think that is it. Oh and I know Fred very well.
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  11:54:33 AM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You assume too much. Apart from the fact that your physical attributes would have absolutely nothing to do with this forum, your willingness to speak on behalf of Linda and manage the spin on the recreation scandal would indicate a vested interest, ie, Bill or somebody very close to him. But don't blame everybody here, the Independent had this to say:

"We don't pretend to have all the details yet, but from what we know so far, we can safely say that Bowdridge's resignation had more to do with the problems at the recreation center than it did with health reasons."

Problems at the Recreation Center?
The revelation last week by Councilman Steven Simonelli that there were issues of missing money from the recreation center seemed to come out of nowhere and were quite shocking.
Simonelli made mention of the issue during the debate on the forensic audit that Mayor John Hanlon has been seeking for nearly a year now.
Simonelli's claims also came shortly after the news broke that Director of Recreation William Bowdbridge was stepping down from his post due to health reasons.
Frankly, we found it a little disturbing that such accusations could be left hanging out like that with little or no explanation, but that was no fault of Simonelli's.
When the councilman began discussing the situation, he was quickly silenced by council President William Cardello, who demanded his colleagues stick to the discussion at hand, which was the audit.
Again, however, once the cat was out of the bag, it made no sense to just let it hang there without any explanation.
We don't pretend to have all the details yet, but from what we know so far, we can safely say that Bowdridge's resignation had more to do with the problems at the recreation center than it did with health reasons.
We're not sure where Simonelli got his information. He suggested that $60,000 had gone missing from the recreation center, but we believe there is more to this story.
Sources with knowledge of the situation told the Independent this week that the problems at the recreation center primarily involved irregular accounting methods.
According to several sources, the crux issue was regarding the new banner program introduced at the recreation center this year.
We were told that Bowdridge, who was in charge of soliciting businesses to sponsor banners at the recreation center, took it upon himself to make deals with several of those who were interested in purchasing banners.
The city was charging $750 for the banners, but Bowdridge was allowing some businesses to put a banner up at the center without paying the fee in full.
Instead, he would allow them to pay part of the fee upfront, with other payments to come in the future in the form of donations to center teams and Bowdridge's own charity, the Bob Marcin Foundation.
Other sources have told us that Bowdridge allowed some of the business to purchase banner in cash, which, of course, would make the money harder to track.
Sources also told us that when city officials first looked into the situation, they found there was some money that couldn't be accounted for. However, since that time, at least some of the funds in question have been found.
Pending a further investigation of the matter, we can't say for sure that there was any theft of city funds, but we also can't say for sure that there wasn't.
However, the administration realized it couldn't keep someone on board who was operating in such a manner, especially since it appears right now that we have more questions than answers.
Some sources told us that the mayor realized that in light of his desire to do an audit of the city's finances over the past few years, he would have appeared a hypocrite if he gave a pass to the recreation director.
Thus, Bowdridge was allowed to save some face by claiming to leave due to health issues.
However, we don't know if Bowdridge's resignation will put an end to this matter, and if there is potential criminal activity involved, it certainly shouldn't.
Since all there is to go on right now are accusations, we don't expect anyone in the city to come forward and announce any findings. However, in the coming days and weeks, we would urge the administration to be as upfront as possible about what has been going on at the center and what they have found. The residents of Everett expect, and deserve, no less.

Go to Top of Page

Home

97 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  12:15:03 PM  Show Profile Send Home a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Key word, *accusations

Since all there is to go on right now are accusations, we don't expect anyone in the city to come forward and announce any findings.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  12:22:54 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Home, if you work for the city, what are you doing out here on a blog on city time? Just curious. Is this part of your job?
Go to Top of Page

Home

97 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  12:25:43 PM  Show Profile Send Home a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup!
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  12:46:11 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, aren't you just a fine representation of the Hanlon administration.
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  1:09:02 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
However, the administration realized it couldn't keep someone on board who was operating in such a manner, especially since it appears right now that we have more questions than answers.
Some sources told us that the mayor realized that in light of his desire to do an audit of the city's finances over the past few years, he would have appeared a hypocrite if he gave a pass to the recreation director.
Thus, Bowdridge was allowed to save some face by claiming to leave due to health issues.
Go to Top of Page

HADENUFF

4 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  02:11:20 AM  Show Profile Send HADENUFF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Home,
I will have NOTHING to apologize for,as opposed to MS I KNOW EVERYTHING, LINDA!
She sputtered on & on here then "leaves the building"?? lol, following Billy boy?
I expect the Mayor, Aldermen, & Councilmen to do their job and get to the bottom of this...................then,Linda can apologize!(as if!)

Go to Top of Page

Home

97 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  08:31:14 AM  Show Profile Send Home a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We will see if YOU or "MS" as you refer to yourself, have to apologize. Since MS I KNOW EVERYTHING.
Go to Top of Page

raguccicanseeyou

7 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  1:21:05 PM  Show Profile Send raguccicanseeyou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After reading today's article in the paper seeing no police action has been taken trust me police action will be taken after the holidays..How can one hold an inter-office investigation when the proof is in the businesses who donated the money..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2