Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 State Representative and Senator
 Stat Smith
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  10:06:24 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Didn't Stat ask the hard hitting questions the other night at the Joint Convention? He and his daughter, Stephanie, did a great job.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  10:08:46 AM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes they did. And I have to give Carlo De Maria some credit, he asked the questions nobody else would ask.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  11:07:27 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have also read some articles in there that I know they got their "sources" out of this blog. Real investigative journalism at it's best.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  10:13:08 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But Lynda, if the paper is getting it's information from all of us, then it's the best information in town. LOL
Go to Top of Page

Ellen

173 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  12:01:31 PM  Show Profile Send Ellen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can say that again.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen

173 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  12:19:42 PM  Show Profile Send Ellen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and again.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  11:00:46 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was watching the Joint Convention tonight. It sounds like Stat has been working very hard for Everett up at the State House.
Go to Top of Page

FULLMOON

12 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  7:38:16 PM  Show Profile Send FULLMOON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HE IS WORKING HARD, JUST FINDING THE STAEHOUSE WAS HARD ENOUGH.

URASE
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  10:11:42 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stat is one of the few lately standing up for the citizens of this city. I think he is a good guy who really cares about this city.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  8:49:25 PM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone noticing the recent news about Deval Patrick attempting to get members of the House of Representatives to change their votes on the costitutional amendment regarding gay marriage in Massachusetts? Ed Connolly was'nt up to the job in recent years but he was solidly behind the traditional definition of marriage and the right of the people to be heard on this issue. I believe Stat Smith will do a better overall job for Everett than we have been getting the last few election cycles. That being said, I hope he does not vote to stand in the way of the amendment being put on the ballot for the voters to decide. Even if he is personally against it he should vote to move it forward so all can have their say. He can cast his vote any way he wishes in the general election if he opposes it.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  8:59:55 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Call his office and say that.
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  3:57:32 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone missed a check yet? But no blame for Hanlon for skirting finance law and giving these people jobs that he shouldn't have? No care and compassion for the taxpayer who has absolutely had it a mayor who ran on a "no new hires" platform and then hired 40 plus employees?

You weren't a Smith voter or a McGonagle voter anyway. Anyone that can support this mayor's antics isn't wasn't on board.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  4:26:56 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the department had done things correctly in the first place they would not have to come and ask for more money from anywhere.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  7:00:02 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At last nights meeting, did I hear someone say that those positions were voted down during the budget hearings last year and the Mayor went ahead an established the positions anyway, or did I misunderstand?
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  7:14:10 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This isn't a "simple transfer", it's an increase to the "true budget". The transfer request was for money from the Budgetary Fund Balance for a position that was previously denied. The mayor chose to ignore the CC & BOA. He created and filled the position then tried to hold their feet to the fire to pay for what he was already told he couldn't have!

A lot of people in this city live week to week. Why should we be concerned with someone who shouldn't have been hired to begin with? The cost of everything is increasing and most paychecks aren't keeping up. I for one am not in favor of another position that will ultimately affect my tax bill. I'm having enough trouble keeping my head above water, I can't afford anymore political patronage jobs.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2