Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 State Representative and Senator
 Stat Smith
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  9:06:59 PM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Citizen, I know it's been a couple of days since my post on the marriage question being put on the ballot. I do run into Representitive Smith often enough. I will mention this to him face to face. I hate leaving phone messages with answering services. I find it impersonal and somewhat cowardly depending on the substance of the call.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  9:32:50 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure he'd be happy to speak with you about it, Middle-Man1. It's an important issue, and everyone's voices need to be heard.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  10:00:20 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

At last nights meeting, did I hear someone say that those positions were voted down during the budget hearings last year and the Mayor went ahead an established the positions anyway, or did I misunderstand?

You heard right. Same way that the Audit was voted against and he did it anyway and came looking for the money months after our City Councilors already said NO.
Go to Top of Page

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  12:05:23 AM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just for the record, I like Mr Smith and voted for him in the last election. I don't know where he stands on this issue as of this time. I intend to find out though.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  2:44:01 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hear there is going to be something in Sundays Globe North about Smith.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  3:45:55 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something good or something not so good?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  8:57:06 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think most will be happy, one or two people won't, it will not be a surprise to any of us. We have talked about it plenty here.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  9:44:17 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are they going to expose the mayor as a liar? Drive the bus over Freddie some more and talk about the spineless, useless, school committee we have that allows him & Lona to keep their jobs & pensions?

Gee massdee, we've covered so much territory here it could be just about anything!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  9:48:01 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
None of the above.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  11:16:46 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are they going to print an article with little Freddy bashing Smith?
I sure hope not, Freddy and Hanlon are looking desperate these days.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  11:34:10 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, it's not all that much drama, he's going to announce that he's running for School Committee. I told you we had all discussed it before.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  05:15:02 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
David?
Go to Top of Page

Obvious

51 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  06:24:23 AM  Show Profile Send Obvious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, Stat Smith
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  08:06:23 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good. He has my vote.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  08:12:07 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, obviously I was having a senior moment!

If he's on the School Committee, he'll drive Freddie nuts! I just hope there are other newbies so he'll have help. Alone, all he can do is make noise.........
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2