Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 Hanlon on TVA
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  8:07:27 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone watching Hanlon setting the record straight?

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  8:13:16 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Recorded it on the noon airing; thought I'd hold off on commenting on it until people had a chance to see it. Did anyone know that the DOR sets our tax rate? Unbelievable....
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  8:16:39 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know which turns my stomach more, Hart or Hanlon! This is so staged. It reminds me of the bogus $5 million check.
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  8:19:57 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The DOR doesn't "set" the tax rate unless there's no assessor to assist in its setting. The city sends the DOR its financials and it's proposed rate, and the DOR accepts it or denies it. This year's rate was denied until Hanlon cut the budget.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  8:22:23 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He is still lying to us......even on his way out the door.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  8:28:30 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The first time he said it Court, I almost choked; the second time, he started to tell the truth but then said it again. As I said before, unbelievable!
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  8:39:11 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know I'm not going to miss him!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  8:47:58 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He couldn't leave office without bringing up the previous administration one last time.
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  8:48:36 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone needs to send a copy of the tape to the DOR. And Bill Hart knows better than this.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  8:59:20 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not just once Massdee. He did at the beginning of the "show", as much as he could during it and had to come back to it at the end. I think that we should all go to the city hall and request a copy of the list of "underfunded" accounts as he offered. Of course, it would be waste of time since the close-up of the list that they showed didn't appear to have numbers associated with each line item; only verbiage. Another useless prop.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  9:13:35 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am really surprised that Billy Hart would let himself look so foolish. I hope we don't see anymore of these dog and pony shows over the next two years.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  9:43:09 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've yet to figure out how or why Billy got involved with hanlon. Nor can I understand why he continues to make such a fool of himself!
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  9:52:51 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We should definitely ask for a copy of the underfunded accounts. He's doing his best to create a legacy for himself and shine up his administration somehow. I don't think it's going to work, not with people opening up their tax bills this week. In addition to the dramatic increase, the bills came out late, so people couldn't get them paid before years end. (Most people would want to pay in 2007, and be able to claim it on their taxes) I recall Hanlon criticizing Ragucci for getting the bills out late....yet they weren't as late as this.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  10:03:38 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny how he talks about these underfunded accounts his last week at city hall. You are right Court, there is no way he can redeem himself. In my eyes his legacy will be one of deceit, unprofessional and unqualified, him and most of his administration.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  10:22:38 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that it is very convenient that this list was first offered to the public about an hour after city hall closed for the day. Who is in control of city hall on Monday? If it is the new mayor, will the list still be available? The conspiracy theorist in me remembers that this "presentation" was originally scheduled for last week. (I will admit though that it was clearly taped this week as a copy of the this week's Leader-Herald was also used as a prop.)
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  10:29:29 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully, Carlo will have the plug pulled on this crap. This guy should not be allowed to use a public resource for his political agenda. He should be getting down on his hands and knees, and apologizing to the citizens instead of trying to manipulate the truth of his tax increase.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2