Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  12:31:51 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know where the members of the BOA and CC stand on Wood Waste being relocated to lower Broadway?

I would like to know how each and every one would vote on the matter.

Let’s not forget, the BOA amended the zoning ordinance that prohibits any facility like Wood Waste from being placed on lower Broadway.
Go to Top of Page

Cam

82 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  2:42:30 PM  Show Profile Send Cam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know Alderman Van Campen is against Wood Waste moving to Broadway.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  4:28:22 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, that is good to know. You know what boggles my mind? Jason Marcus. He stood up there and we had to listen for 10 minutes all about how he knows the area very well by the MBTA, Blah, Blah, Blah.

Never once did he question Attorney Rossi over the fact that Mr. Thibeault wants to use the train tracks. Those train tracks are all broken. Don't you think the light bulb should have gone on in his head and said "How would Mr. Thibeault plan on doing that when the tracks are broken"....... I just don't trust why Jason Marcus put this piece on...... when he did.... and he did not do any research on it and asked the stupidest questions.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  4:35:20 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It almost seemed like Jason Marcus was doing someone a favor putting Thibeault and Rossi on the agenda.

Edited by - massdee on 08/03/2008 4:39:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  4:46:07 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tails

Does anyone know where the members of the BOA and CC stand on Wood Waste being relocated to lower Broadway?

I would like to know how each and every one would vote on the matter.

Let’s not forget, the BOA amended the zoning ordinance that prohibits any facility like Wood Waste from being placed on lower Broadway.

Can the BOA or CC legally vote to allow a permit when a zoning ordinance prohibits it? If so, what good is it to have ordinances?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  5:00:13 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote

My understanding (I could be wrong) is Mr. Thibeault will have to go before the Board of Appeals to request a variance. If the variance is granted, Wood Waste could proceed. If denied, Wood Waste “can” go to the SJC. All members of the Board of Appeals are appointed by the Mayor. I was also informed that the City Council has no official involvement in deciding whether he can move to lower Broadway. Someone needs to find out for sure. We have been told all along by the Mayor that this would never get approved by the CC then he goes and tells that very same CC that they are in control and they can put what ever they want in any agreement. I also believe that is not true.

Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  6:17:03 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I have stated before, I don't believe that Wood Waste would need to come before the BOA or CC to move to lower Broadway. The main permitting authorities would be the Zoning Board of Appeals if a variance is needed (DiPerri thought that there would be; Rossi did not. I don't think any of us can be 100% certain who is right without more information.) and the Board of Health, which is the city's permitting authority for that type of facility. Secondarily, the normal building permit processes would have to be followed for new construction on the site.

The function of the Zoning Board of Appeals is to hear arguements from someone that feels they have a compelling reason why zoning restrictions shouldn't apply to them in a particular situation. One reason for that is that zoning regulations cannot account for every possible situation. It is up to the Zoning Board of Appeals to reconcile the dispute, in the best interests of the city, with input from all concerned parties.

In this case, it is pretty clear that the zoning in the lower Broadway area was changed to expressly stop this particular development from being put there. How do ask for a waiver for that? Instead, I'd expect to see an arguement that the change doesn't apply to them or that it was somehow made improperly. Just my opinion.

Tails, if an agreement was reached that would allow them to use the connecting rail system to haul their waste out of there, the money that would be needed to put the spur back in service would pale in comparison to the money that would be saved by moving the debris out of there by train rather than truck. It would be a financial "no brainer".
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  7:35:18 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then I would hope that the city council gets a ruling on that and very quickly. The Mayor already stated, and stated publicly, that Wood Waste could not proceed without the city council approval. That is on tape, and I would hold him to his words.
Go to Top of Page

Cam

82 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  1:36:39 PM  Show Profile Send Cam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone asked where the Board of Aldermen and the Common Council stood on the Wood Waste issue. I already posted that Alderman Van Campen is against Wood Waste moving to Route 99. I now know that Alderman DiPerri is also against this move. The two most intelligent members have the same opinion. Must be something to it.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  1:59:34 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well…….I “think” we know where Jason Marcus will stand.

The Rec Center position is being held over Nuzzo's head.

Marchese I am not impressed at all. Actually disappointed and flip flops on the issue.

Sachetta just follows the lead.

Wayne = clueless AND (tells everyone what they want to hear)

Anyone that votes a yea for a Wood Waste relocation will not be re-elected, so, for Jason Marcus, I hope getting his girlfriends son a job for a Wood Waste vote was all worth it.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  2:10:59 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails, I agree with you, if this ever goes to a vote of the city council, any member who votes in favor of the move could very well be putting their re-election in jeopardy. That's just my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  2:25:07 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It should go through the CC. Do you remember the city meeting when the Mayor was answering questions regarding Wood Waste? He said Mr. Thibeault can *not* do anything with out the city council's approval. An elected official that I spoke with said that information was not true. It's the zoning board of appeals, not the city council. However, that was the word from the Mayor and I would keep him to his word. Let the city council and the people speak. An issue as critical as this should not be left in the hands of a few people, appointed by the mayor, to make that kind of decision.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  1:05:43 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From what I understand Newburyport legislators have been targeting one million dollars of state funding for air quality monitoring and odor management at Crow lane landfill. This all stems from numerous calls, e-mail and complaints of rotten egg smell. Wood Waste has the same thing. Perhaps Everett should do the same. I think both cities deserve it and the Governor should release that to Newburyport immediately. However, my opinion is no one, whether it's the state, taxpayers, federal monies should be footing this bill. Since this is the result of the landfill not being properly managed, they should bill Thibeault for this.

Edited by - Tails on 08/08/2008 1:19:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  4:50:57 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2008-08-15
All in the family

Is it any surprise that someone can be branded a shrewd and crooked businessman if his family is no different?

Unless you've been living in a landfill, you know about Massachusetts businessman William J. Thibeault and the political and noxious stink he's making in Everett and Newburyport.

I first wrote about the demolition man two months ago, focusing on his left and right political campaign contributions in relation to serving at the helm of Great Northern Demolition Corporation, Wood Waste of Boston, and New Ventures Associates LLC.

Kay Lazar of the Boston Globe reported facts here and Gillian Swart maintains an online repository here.

I'm not going to tell you that two weeks after I wrote that June post, he contributed $500 to state auditor Joe DeNucci.

I will tell you that digging deeper into the Thibeault pockets provides some very interesting fodder.

cartoon
Let's start with his house and work our way to his family.

According to the Lynnfield Board of Assessors, Thibeault resides on a $1.7 million half-acre lot at 6 Elizabeth Way.

He bought the "mansion," as the online property card describes it, for $10 on October 24, 2007. Tracing the quitclaim history shows a series of transactions beginning with Meadowview Realty Trust in 1999 and ending with realty trustee Oliver W. Stalter who sold it to Thibeault last fall.

Along the way, the Registry of Deeds specifies a $540,000 sale in May 2000 to Crossroads Leasing, Inc., a New Hampshire corporation, listing Thibeault as president and treasurer, with an address at 45 Greer Road in Goffstown.

Goffstown records indicate that address is owned by Agnes A. Thibeault. I'm guessing she's Billy's mom.

Further sleuthing uncovers two other Thibeaults on the same street:

* Brian J. Thibeault of 19 Greer Road, owner of Manchester-based Joseph Equipment Co., who served 5 years of probation and paid a $30,000 fine after a 2003 indictment for failing to file an IRS tax return; and who last month purchased a $8.75 million property as reported in the Union Leader.

* Ernest "Ernie" J. Thibeault III of 49 Greer Road, president of Londonberry, NH-based excavation contractor Thibeault Corporation of New England with either 200 employees or 25 employees, depending on the source; the subject of state wetlands violations and a 20+ year municipal conflict with Raymond residents; and described as "unresponsive" by Hudson residents according to a great piece of 2006 investigative journalism in the Hudson-Litchfield News.

For all I know, Brian and Ernie are not related to each other or to Billy. But the fact that Billy's Lynnfield house traces its ownership to Agnes, and Agnes lives two lots away from Ernie is hardly coincidence.

Albert Einstein said, "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

You be the judge. You tell me if I'm pulling figures out of the logic that indicates ****ty business transactions and asset protection by numerous names is a genetic trait in the Thibeault family.

What do YOU think?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  1:18:08 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When is the public hearing for Wood Waste? This was asked and promised before the Town Meeting.

Over on Topix they say to run William J Thibeault's criminal record and you will be shocked. 12/1959.

The Mayor says the city does not have much say in what William Thibeault does however, there is an ordinance prohibiting him from moving Wood Waste to lower Broadway. That ordinance is there for a reason and while his legal team goes and looks for loopholes to help Thibeault, perhaps the legal team should care more about the taxpayers of the city and working for them, not the Mayor and that was proven with Sergeant Vetrano. There should have been a written opinion from the state first before swearing in. They all set us up for a huge lawsuit. I just hope this is not another John Kryzovic situation in the making.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2