Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  08:08:06 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wondering: Why do you feel you must criticize anyone who doesn’t like what’s happening with Wood Waste, Thibeault and this city? Why must you twist and deliberately misrepresent people’s words? This is an open forum and we all have the right to express our thoughts and opinions. It’s unfortunate, that you find it necessary to resort to name calling and slanderous statements.

Let’s look at Mr Thibeault. He thumbs his nose at any city, town, or government agency that attempts to interfere with what he wants. He willingly ignores the health and wellbeing of the citizens who live and work near his facilities. He gives nothing back to the community; he just takes. This is not a person that can be considered a good corporate neighbor. This is a person we want out of our city, and by extension our lives.

Now let’s look at our mayor. He spoke with many people privately while campaigning and in many instances told them whatever they wanted to hear in order to secure their vote. Those people are now justifiably upset and angry. He is not living up to many of his promises (private and public) and the citizens of Everett are, once again, paying the price. We now have a new group of overpaid, under qualified people being paid with our hard earned tax dollars. Many, if not all, don’t live in this city therefore will not be adversely affected by their inflated paychecks.

These are my thoughts and opinions and I shouldn’t be personally attacked or maligned because they differ from yours or anyone else’s.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen

173 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  8:46:23 PM  Show Profile Send Ellen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is my understanding that the piles of debris at Wood Waste should be covered with some type of tarp. Is that correct? I was at Stop&Shop today and there is a huge mountain of debris uncovered abutting Adams Furniture. Shouldn't that be covered? Why does Wood Waste get away with these actions?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  10:25:59 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is what Attorney Rossi said would happen. As for the tarp with tires on it as , I don't care what has been said, I'm not seeing it. If you look in the back it's all uncovered too. Only in the front has a tarp with tires on it and you can still see the waste underneath so what's the sense of the tarping?

The entire facility should have been enclosed before he was able to start production. That boggles my mind how he got away with that. I think Rossi said it happened (the tarps) but I only see it on one pile and do not see the purpose of it with the other uncovered piles. Certainly did not look like they put a lot of effort into it.

They also said they putting something down for the odor and I'm not seeing any change there either. When Rossi was in front of the BOA someone said to him "We are not going to wait until the middle of July"...and Rossi said "Oh no...we have a plan"...

If they say anything has been removed from Wood Waste it's probably only a barrel full and God only knows where that went, we know it did not go to Newburyport and if he's going to ship to Ohio, then those piles at Wood Waste would have gone down, but they have not. There getting higher.

Ive been over there and there is absolutely no change and the planning board will most likely approve what he wants? Ridiculous.

What ever happened to this......

EVERETT
SMELLY SITUATION - Following months of complaints about odors emanating from the Wood Waste of Boston facility off Revere Beach Parkway, the Board of Aldermen is sending a certified letter to company owner William Thibeault asking him to attend the board's next meeting at 7 p.m. on June 9 in City Hall. City Clerk Michael Matarazzo said that several months ago, acting on the board's request, he sent a letter to Thibeault about ongoing odor issues. "His lawyers wrote back and said, essentially, there is no odor, and it's not coming from us," Matarazzo said. Odor complaints are not new to Thibeault, who also owns the Crow Lane Landfill in Newburyport, where city and state authorities have issued violation notices and fines for odor and other problems. The Everett aldermen also will probably ask Thibeault about the status of two other parcels of land: the old City Yards on East Elm Street that has been the focus of litigation between the city and Thibeault; and a 32-acre parcel near Thibeault's facility on the parkway that has been eyed for development. -Kay Lazar

and this ...in 2006 and still..... nothing . The DEP as far as I am concerned is useless. Thibeault is so far up their asses and they just don't care because it does not effect them and their towns. If this was Wellesley, that would have been enclosed thirteen years ago.

and continues to thumb his nose even today JULY 27th 2008 two years after this article. It's going to get to the point that people are going to have to picket the Governor and say his DEP needs to be replaced. They do nothing.

You must be logged in to see this link.

In July, the Environmental Protection Agency fined Wood Waste for $157,000 for discharging storm water from the facility to the Island End River without a permit, a violation of the Clean Water Act, according to the EPA.

Did he pay this fine and has the DEP been following up and following up more accurately since he was fined. It looks worse and he gets away with this and no one asked that question to his lawyer.

Frustration is growing in Everett, DeVito said. The city is sending regular letters to the DEP, the attorney general and Gov. Mitt Romney, urging them to take action, but DeVito said that with the exception of one returned phone call, their attempts have been futile.

Edited by - Tails on 07/27/2008 11:40:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

outoftowner

24 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  08:21:17 AM  Show Profile Send outoftowner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is time for lots of Everett residents to start calling the Department of Environmental Protection.

DEP Director of the Northeast Region, including Everett:

Richard Chalpin
978-694-3345
Richard.Chalpin@State.MA.US

This is from the DEP web page.

State rep and senator should also be receiving phone calls. Let's start.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  10:07:45 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The problem is we do not get responses from the DEP it’s always, we will look into it or yes, we are working on it. They always complain they are overwhelmed. I've e-mailed him before and wrote letters and never heard anything. I did receive a response before that said my request was forwarded to the appropriate person but I never heard from them. Our own BOH can’t even get them to do anything.

My major concern is lower Broadway. I have spoken with a few elected officials on this matter just this week alone and we are not been told absolute truths and they know it. Mayor DeMaria said during the campaign that Wood Waste being moved to lower Broadway would never be passed by the city council. He also spoke to them and said they can put what ever they want in any agreement and Thibeault has to abide by that. That is not true.

Now all of a sudden, he was always in favor of it? If Thibeault's request to move to lower Broadway gets rejected by the city council, it will go to the zoning board of appeals (who is appointed by the mayor) and the zoning board of appeals can overturn the city council’s decision so it is NOT in the hands of the city council as we are lead to believe.

Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  12:21:06 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just returned from driving down Boston Street. The mountains of debris have grown immensely over the past week or so. It is uncovered and a real mess. This is the first time I have been down that end of Boston Street. I didn't realize the old city yard is directly across the street from that Wood Waste entrance. Something needs to be done to control the amount of debris coming in to the city. You can see the mountains from the Parkway and from Chelsea Street but you really need to drive down Boston Street and look up and get a sense on high these piles really are. It is disgusting the total disregard Thibeault has for the residents and businesses in that area. It appears that not one ounce of debris has been moved from that site as promised by Attorney Rossi.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen

173 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  1:39:44 PM  Show Profile Send Ellen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are there any limits on how much of this material can be stored at Wood Waste?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  5:21:18 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would it state on their permit to operate how much debris can be brought in to Wood Waste? I know they do that with car lots, they tell them how many cars can be on the lot.

Edited by - massdee on 07/28/2008 5:57:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  5:55:28 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would this information be available at city hall? There has to be a record of that. I was in that area yesterday and I can’t believe how bad it is. Plan B should have been resolved before anything else.

Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  11:32:53 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just burying spam.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  11:43:56 AM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tetris...what does that mean "just burying spam"....I have seen similar wording in the past from a few other posters.....always wondered what it meant
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  11:52:39 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you look in this forum, there are three inappropriate spam posts following this one. By updating a valid post, we get them off the main page until they can be deleted.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  12:05:11 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see......thanks
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  1:54:49 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The "spam" has been deleted.
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  3:04:19 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was doing a little surfing and came across a website or a blog or something. It was kind of interesting reading. It's about Woodwaste and Thibeault with a lot of information all in one place.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2