Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  09:26:17 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So much for the open book and honesty from the administration and Attorney Rossi. All they had to say was "there is" a preliminary injunction, and will let people know. Instead, they all try and sweep it under the rug and hide it and only tell you what they want you to know. Just like "all of a sudden" we learn Mayor DeMaria was "always" in favor of Wood Waste moving to lower Broadway. What happened to turning that area into office condos, marina, water taxis and stores? I'm not hearing any of that, all I am hearing is Wood Waste and it's not right, it's wrong for lower Broadway, it's moving a problem from one spot to another and it's only more of a money maker for Thibeault and it's not what we were promised.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  11:27:02 AM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails.....nobody promised you a thing. It is absolutely impossible for anyone to have promised you anything about lower broadway.......the city doesn't own the land, the city cant develop the land. The city can suggest a particular development....the city can hope and pray for certain types of development....the city CAN NOT promise you a specific developement....at the end of the day the land owner develops land within the guidelines of the zoning laws. STOP LYING!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  11:37:54 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails,

I am not privy to any private conversations you might of had with any elected officials, but since (from reading your posts) you are a former DeMaria supporter, I am assuming you are speaking of the mayor. Correct me if I am wrong. BTW, I have read posts here and on other blogs that stated exactly the same thing. So, I guess you all are liars.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  11:49:53 AM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails being a FORMER DeMaria supporter is the result of Tails not getting the political favor he expected....surely you arent epecting me to beieve that Tails is a FORMER DeMaria supported because of Wood Waste....Tails became a FORMER DeMarie supporter the second he found out there was nothing in it for him.....
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  12:12:28 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The rumor was for years was always "Wood Waste" on lower Broadway on the "Modern Continental" site. MANY MANY people including myself are against it. Wood Waste moving to lower Broadway should not even be on the table. Did we not have Rossi speak of Wood Waste being moved there? Is the administration helping with this? Of course they are. The promises I spoke of was the lovely pictures that were put in the paper, that we NEVER hear of.......and never will THANKS to Wood Waste. That is the gateway to Everett. There was NEVER a mention of Wood Waste so don't try and twist my words around. Your not smart enough and I wont waste my time on someone that thinks they are above everyone else and their *hit don't stink. What childish behavior is next? k.i.s.s.i.n.g. in a tree..... and NA NA NANA NA or putting someone up to sending me messages?

Straighten out your family issues with Keanu and keep me out of it. He sounds like a dope I already told him I don't care who you are or he can prove your the same people.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  12:30:14 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You reasoning isnt sound tails...you don't like the move because of a lack of trust in Theibault. If you take your personal hatred for him out of the equation, a move to lower broadway is a smart move for the city.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  1:53:06 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails,

Do you know Mr Thibeault personally? I have never taken your posts as a "personal hatred" for Mr Thibeault. I have, however, taken it as disgust with the man's business practices. I am sure we don't need to rehash Mr Thibeault's history here in Everett and in Newburyport. Most of us are quite aware of just what type of corporate neighbor Mr Thibeault has been and still is. He appears to be a man "NOT" of his word. Can someone please tell me the reasons why we should trust or believe anything he says or does? In the past he has thumbed his nose at the AG, DEP, EPA and the city. Is the odor eminating from Wood Waste in any kind of control? Have the people down there been given any type of relief? Has Thibeault began trucking his waste to the mid-west as promised by Attorney Rossi? How many times are our city officials going to allow Wood Waste to get away with their shenanigans.

My personal opinion, Wood Waste should remain where it is. Mr Thibeault should come into compliance and enclose that facility. That would solve the odor problem and the unsightly mess down on Boston Street that we have had to put up with for years. I'm sorry, I just do not trust him to do the right thing on lower Broadway. He never has in the past, why would anyone take that chance? You know the old saying, "a leopard doesn't change it's spots."

There are a few other issues that bother me, too. During the campaign and up until a few short weeks ago.......everyone was lead to believe that Mr Thibeault had in fact already purchased the Modern Continental property down on lower Broadway. Now we know that is not true. I have been told that the Company that owns the Gateway Mall is also interested in purchasing that property.

My other issue is, during the campaign many of Mayor DeMaria's supporters said that Candidate DeMaria told them that a Waste Transfer Station on lower Broadway would never be approved by the BOA or the CC. That might be true but that is not the complete story. I have spoken to many on the BOA and the CC and they fall on both sides of this issue. The one common comment they have all made is that if it is not approved by the BOA and the CC....the BOA and the CC does NOT have the final say on the issue, as many of us have been lead to believe numerous times. If Mr Thibeault is denied by the BOA and the CC, it will then go to the Zoning Board of Appeals. They can overturn the BOA and CC's decision. Some Alderman actually believe this will never even reach them. Their belief is once it is in front of the Zoning Board, it will be approved. I hope I have that right, if not I am sure someone will correct me. I was posting from memory, note my notes.

Edited by - massdee on 07/23/2008 3:10:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  2:57:40 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No. I do not know the man personally.
If I owned/operated a facility like Wood Waste and I was able to write checks for millions of dollars on the whim, my #1 priority would be the suffering neighbors that have to endure the stench, sickness, burnt eyes, cancelled barbecues, the poor kid making 8.75 an hour with his shirt over his nose so he does not get sick and certainly would NOT be dragging on all these years.

My priority would not be to prove to these cities that I am a millionaire and I have the money to take these cities on, to get what I want. The people and businesses on lower Broadway do not deserve this. They are the gateway to Everett. It’s moving a problem from one place to another and “tucking it away, next to the water” ” is the most naive thing I have ever heard in my life. A statement like that is saying we are dumb voters and we have a dumb CC. I wont be a dumb voter next go around, that’s for sure.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  3:22:28 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
close to the water??? the project would be a quarter of a mile away from the water. There is a facility like prolerizer sitting right on the water and I haven't seen you mention them at all....they just had a fire the sent nasty smoke out over all of the houses down the line. Trucks carrying crushed cars are constantly dumping metal scraps and leaking fluid up and down lower broadway. Sounds less like you are concerned with the city's well being and more like you believe you have found an issue that will help get the mayor out of office.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  3:42:29 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No one has to look for an issue to get the mayor out of office, he's doing a fine job of that himself. I would assume a fire is beyond anyone's control and I have complained about the scrap metals next to the playground. As for Prolerizer, they have never been fined for this You must be logged in to see this link. .....and don't even compare to all the non-compliance issues Wood Waste is in.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  3:49:49 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails,

I don't believe you have created this issue, am I wrong? I believe this first arose as a political issue during the mayoral campaign. Mayor DeMaria has always known that there are many people vehemently against Wood Waste moving down to lower Broadway. He has allowed this to become an even more political by endorsing Mr Thibeault's relocation. I have no idea the distance from the water that Mr Thibeault wants to build. I do know that a quarter of a mile is only 1320 feet. How close is he to the water now? I do know he has been fined by the EPA for polluting the Mystic River Water Shed. I believe the fine was $157,000.00. I also believe the other businesses have been there quite sometime and nothing can be done about it right now.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  4:06:20 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, I certainly did not create this issue. Mayor DeMaria did. This was a huge political issue during the campaign. This is exactly what he said would NOT go down lower Broadway. All clean development he said. HIS words were lower Broadway is the gateway to Everett and there would be a hotel or office condos right on the gateway and now he's changing his story. Wood Waste is NOT clean development. Thibeault should be told immediately, no, this will not be permitted. The ordinance was changed to prohibit this from going down on lower Broadway. He is ignoring the ordinances AGAIN. He said the former mayor would not work with Thibeault because of petty politics and I find out now that is not what happened. The former mayor made a simply suggestion to Mr. Thibeault concerning fourth street and Mr. Thibeault did not like what he said and instead of trying to work it out, he shot out obscenities and stormed out like a spoiled brat and said he will get what he wants from the next mayor. Lower Broadway will be gone forever and the environmental effects on 99 will be staggering and because this city is hurting for money, there will not be a damn thing we can do if this is allowed to happen.

Edited by - Tails on 07/23/2008 4:12:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  4:16:23 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Massdee....you forgot to mention that you are all for the facility being moved to lower broadway as long is it is indoors and it doesn't result in 2 wood waste facilities in the city.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  4:19:57 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't believe I have ever said that. That is certainly not how I feel about the issue, now or in the past.
Go to Top of Page

everett4eva

2 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  7:58:58 PM  Show Profile Send everett4eva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wondering are you Thibeault or rossi - shut up with your nonsense. You should be ashamed of yourself either way with your newborn or law degree. The people of Everett deserve better than your toxic waste. Spin it any way you like you should not sleep well at night..,scum all of you...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2