Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  11:02:22 AM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
tails....I understand your position and I don't completely disagree with it..but...how do you keep a private citizen from purchasing a piece of property and developing it?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  11:55:15 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails,

Do you happen to know if Wood Waste in Everett has the same type of odor controls as The Crow Lane landfill in Newburyport?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  12:29:57 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure about the "type" of odor controls but these little round "things" Att. Rossi mentioned certainly is *not* working at Wood Waste I would assume since Newburyport is a landfill, they have something more than that. ( we actually have a landfill too), maybe not “technically” but the waste is outside.

I'm going to show you correspondence I had with someone via e-mail for the odor control. I won’t show their names for identity purpose. The only reason I think this should be shown is for the fact you can see how arrogant Thibeault and his attorneys are in Newburyport also. I suppose a phone call our BOH would answer that question. I would “assume” since we have complained about odor for years, we have something like a jerome meter but who's checking it? My heart breaks for these people. They deserve to live in peace and serenity and odor free in their own homes and not fear health risks for themselves and their families. Newburyport is a nice place and a nice place to raise a family. This move to lower Broadway and any dealings with him is very wrong for Everett and I don’t care what anyone says…….Thibeault will find a way (or a loophole that this administration is very good at finding) to have a 32 acre dump on lower Broadway.

When the D.E.P got involved with the odors at Crow Lane Newburyport.(I am assuming you have called and filed a complaint with the D.E.P and A.Gs office) The D.E.P mandated that a Jerome meter (which measures Hydrogen Sulfide levels) be placed in the neighborhood that was effected, also a wind speed and direction monitor placed on the possible offender. Thus proving that the problem not only exists, it also proves who is to blame. Mr. Nylen one of the attorneys for New Ventures told the city of Newburyport that we could not prove it was their problem back in the fall of 2004. (Sound familiar?) By early 2005 the problem was proved to New Ventures facility at Crow Lane. Mr. Nylen then came back to Newburyport to give a song and dance. As of Today the landfill is still not closed and New Ventures is threatening to sue the city. These people will stop at nothing to get what they want. They even forced us complaining neighbors in Newburyport to come to Boston on our own time for Depositions so they could scare us and shut us up! Guess what? it did not work. If you really want to end your problems, get in touch with the D.E.P and A.Gs office, notify the local T.V and newspapers. Call all the political agencies you have at your disposal, State and local, senators etc..demand action and do not take NO for an answer. Remind them that Newburyport is dealing with the same issues and persons involved that you folks are.These people have millions of dollars to spend on attorneys. They have three different firms working the Newburyport mess. The faster you organize and keep copies of all correspondence, The faster you will get some kind of results. So far New Ventures(same owner as woodwaste) is behind closed doors holding secret meetings with the D.E.P and A.Gs office trying to work out a deal that will more than likely sell Newburyport down the river and keep this non compliant money monger out of jail. He will probably be awarded the good business guy of the year award because he is so far up the states ass. My neighbors and I have put in hundreds of hours of work to get to where we are today. Get organized!
GOOD LUCK!!!

Edited by - Tails on 07/18/2008 12:39:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  8:02:46 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This link is digusting Tails
You must be logged in to see this link.
any idea what the agreement was about the capping and closure of the landfill? My concern is he will not abide by if or any agreement he makes here.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  10:23:29 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It’s my understanding that the capping should have taken place in 2002 or 2003 per Crow Lane Host Agreement

For a chronology of events and pictures you can look here

I don’t believe we have this much information concerning Wood Waste but it’s high time to start keeping records and taking pictures and also calling all players to the carpet, especially by elected officials. I’m sorry the city council has been put in this situation but this is part of the job and sitting there not saying anything isn’t helping anyone, especially the one running for State Rep who tells you what you want to hear but does NOTHING.

Example:
Attorney Rossi saying in no way would we wait this long. He also said the state would intervene if Newburyport did not allow the waste from Wood Waste to their landfill, then he says the waste would be shipped to Ohio and Michigan (Plan B) per his words. I haven’t seen either or heard any differently. We would not even have known about the P.I. if it wasn’t for Newburyport. That’s not being open and honest in front of an entire city that your client wants to do business with. He should have known better than trying to keep things from people. Who knows what else they are keeping from us. I’m sure there is more and for some reason, we are not getting the public hearing we were promised.

Please note that the landfill already leaked into their wetlands

Also note that Newburyport had to hire an independent contractor because Thibeault did not abide by the agreement and had the attitude that no one can stop him. The city of Everett will NEVER be as diligent as Newburyport and will never have the means to do so either. While all this was going on, trucking was still coming in and the $$$$$ was still coming in for him too.

Thibeault was already polluting the Mystic River Watershed so lets put him down on lower Broadway, right on the water....yea right!

Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  5:53:53 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Newburyport is back with the odor problems again. You know what I find really sad? This entire Wood Waste issue was hush hush from day one. Simonelli has an outburst about lower Broadway and all of a sudden……..Thibeault is “oh so great” for the city. There are A LOT of people in Everett that does not want this for lower Broaday. The Mayor would not comment on the matter when Simonelli asked the questions but the Mayor uses the podium to get what HE wants across whenever it suits him.

We have Boston Sludge then Wood Waste. Who the heck would even put an office Condo down there just to open their windows and smell Wood Waste. Lower Broadway is the entrance to Everett so with those two dumps.....why stop there....just keep going with the dump site.

However, in Everett and Newburyport people have been suffering for years with no relief. With this administration it’s always about “Thibeault” and how much money “HE” can make and not do anything to help the surrounding families and their children and God only knows the long term effects of inhaling Hydrogen Sulfide which is an irreversible poison.

However ………he continues to do devious things when he does not get his way which was proven by the DEP that he “manually and intentionally” shut off odor control as retribution for his latest order and now on July 17th, it comes up again, conveniently, after the courts awarded Newburyport time on the 14th. He’s fuming because he didn’t get his way and he has to truck the Wood Waste crap to Ohio and Michigan. He should have capped the damn landfill and moved on but he wanted to suck every last penny out of it (as if he does not have enough) while the neighborhood suffered and Mayor DeMaria speaks highly of this person. I don’t want anyone in Everett to have that same fate. The people that live on lower Broadway and the businesses do not deserve this. All this move would do is move a problem from one place to the next.

Edited by - Tails on 07/20/2008 6:00:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  11:40:41 AM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone recently sent this to me. I thought I would share it with all of you.

Location 6 ELIZABETH WAY Property Account Number 0 Parcel ID 0034 0000 1114
Old Parcel ID --

Current Property Mailing Address
Owner THIBEAULT WILLIAM J City LYNNFIELD
State MAA
Address 6 ELIZABETH WAY Zip 01940
Zoning RB

Current Property Sales Information
Sale Date 10/24/2007 Legal Reference 27273-418
Sale Price 10 Grantor(Seller) SIX ELIZABETH WAY 2002 REALTY ,TRUST
Current Property Assessment
Card 1 Value
Year 2008 Building Value 1,020,200
Xtra Features Value 0
Land Area 0.692 acres Land Value 693,200
Total Value 1,713,400

Narrative Description
This property contains 0.692 acres of land mainly classified as ONE FAM with a(n) MANSION style building, built about 1998 , having STUCCO exterior and ASPHALT roof cover.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  12:15:10 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh…….that’s just lovely. While we are worrying how we are going to heat our homes next winter he wastes money on lawyers suing the different cities he is involved with which only increases OUR taxes.

In the meantime…. he has beat up trucks his workers work out of, that the neighbors have to endure everyday, smelly dumpsters laying around Wood Waste, his office is disgusting at Wood Waste with graffiti on it and does nothing to get that off, (probably waiting for the city and the taxpayers) as if he cant afford it……. not caring about the surrounding businesses and how Wood Waste is hurting them (NICE CORPORATE NEIGHBOR) but most important……thumbs his nose to the fact people are inhaling Hydrogen Sulfide and the poor insignificant kid making 8.75 an hour at Stop and Shop who had his shirt over his nose not to breath that poison in. He can do something about it....he just wont.
Go to Top of Page

outoftowner

24 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  1:54:58 PM  Show Profile Send outoftowner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More landfill shenanigens...

Another story from Nbypt rumor mill. Has not been confirmed, but sounds true.

The prelim injunction for the Nbypt landfill says the equipment that removes the hydrogen sulfite gas from the landfill must be tested frequently like every week or every month to make sure it is working the way it should. Apparently, the DEP or a contractor goes to the site and tests it to make sure the equipment is removing the gas from the air going out of the smoke stack at the landfill.

Well, the last 2 or 3 times DEP has arrived at the landfill to test, the landfill equipment is conveniently shut down "for maintenance" or something else per orders from "the boss." So the DEP can not run its tests. This shows how "powerful" the preliminary injunction is... the DEP does not seem to have the authority or legal power to do anything about this because they forgot to put words in the preliminary injuction to let them take action if the equipment is not made available for them to test. So the equipment must continue operating untested until the DEP gets lucky and happens to arrive while it is running.

Everett must prepare itself for this kind of behavior at every possible turn. Imagine every possible way someone can get around or weasel under an agreement, then plug the hole somehow. Otherwise, the agreement is worthless.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  2:26:04 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

It is mind boggling to me that our current administration is willing to take the chance of allowing Mr Thibeault to build another facility here in Everett. The man has proven time and time again, he is not a person of his word. When the Wood Waste issue comes before the Zoning Board, the residents need to attend and make their concerns heard. As far as I know, this hearing has not been scheduled yet but I will assume it will be sometime soon. Folks, keep your eyes and ears opened. We can't let this go by without input from the residents of Everett.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  4:27:57 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From Newburyport.

Monday, July 21, 2008
The mayor DOES give a hoot
For all you people in Everett, the mayor just gave me a jingle and said he's going to try and connect me with someone who can answer questions about Everett and Wood Waste.

He apologized for not getting back with me sooner, by the way.

Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  6:13:29 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You discussed the Lynnfield property. You can see it on Virtual Earth.

The link below will take you to Virtual Earth and you can get a bird's eye view of the house.

Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  8:33:46 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails,

That is really nice of Gillian Swart and the Mayor of Newburyport. Gillian has been most helpful with her blog.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2008 :  7:57:26 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Does anyone here in Everett know anything about the preliminary injunction filed against Wood Waste?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Hi folks in Everett
Apparently the only way to find out the real story about the preliminary injunction is to go to Suffolk Superior Court, where the injunction was filed, and hope someone will let you look at it.

All anyone here knows is that there was one filed.

Sorry, fellow sufferers. Hopefully we will all get relief soon.

Edited by - massdee on 07/22/2008 8:19:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

outoftowner

24 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  09:10:51 AM  Show Profile Send outoftowner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Regarding the prelim injunction involving Wood Waste and DEP, I do not think any public document is available. It is a private negotiation between Wood Waste and DEP, and it will not be available for anyone to see until DEP or Wood Waste voluntarily releases it or until the parties agree and it is made official by the court. (At that time, it will be too late to do anything about it.)

Someone else please correct the record if I am wrong about this.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2