Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  6:17:09 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw the old city yards this weekend and Wood Waste. Yes, he cleared fourth street...it's his property now. That street is still in question legally. I cant see how anyone could have voted for this without their I's dotted and T's crossed. This will probably come back and bite the taxpayers in the butt. The difference is Thibeault's name will be off the litigation.

If that doesn't happen, the taxpayers will be the ones paying off these companies. Either scenario is not right. If my neighbor was awarded property by a judge than I would have to accept it. But....he proved money can buy all things, including an administration.

I want to know what his plans are for the old city yards. He must have some idea.

I also saw Wood Waste again. It reeks horribly and there is a huge pile not tarped. The water running off into the street was gross. God only knows what chemicals are in there and people were walking down the street.

I'm not saying that he is the one doing this, but someone is dumping right on the lower Broadway site. They are small piles but it's waste.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  9:47:40 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know when it was that Wood Waste first came to Everett?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  10:18:00 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Massdee,

This is the oldest history I have ever been able to find on Wood Waste online. It comes from an appeal of a Superior Court judgement that ordered the Everett Board of Health (board) to issue a site assignment requested by Wood Waste of Boston, Inc. under MGL Chapter 111, Section 150A. BTW, the Sperior Court ruling was upheld.

In 1993, Wood Waste, which owns and operates a facility on a site in Everett for processing of construction and demolition waste materials, applied to the board and the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) for a determination of site suitability under G. L. c. 111, § 150A.(1) Wood Waste's operations were at that time conducted outdoors and involved separation of the construction and demolition materials and transportation to other sites for disposal. No materials are disposed of on the Everett site. The record indicates that Wood Waste proposed to construct buildings on the site so as to enclose its operations, including temporary storage of materials, and, as noted by the judge, did not plan to expand either the types or volume of wastes handled at the facility. Simultaneously with its application, Wood Waste negotiated with DEP for an administrative consent order, which was issued in 1995, and under which Wood Waste has been allowed to continue its operations pending issuance or denial of site assignment and required permits. Prior to issuing that order, DEP reported that Wood Waste's application met the statutory and regulatory site suitability criteria under § 150A½.(2) After receiving the DEP report, the board held a public hearing. At the conclusion of its review, the board, in April, 1996, denied the application. Wood Waste appealed the board's decision to the Superior Court under G. L. c. 30A, § 14. A Superior Court judge, acting on the parties' cross motions for judgment on the pleadings, allowed that of Wood Waste, essentially concluding that the board had failed to apply the statutory standard of review, and had improperly denied Wood Waste's application.

Even with this information, it's kind of unclear (to me anyways) exactly when Wood Waste first opened in Everett. It may give you a rough idea though.

Tails,

The uncovered pile that you saw (the one that you can see from Stop & Shop) may actually be in Chelsea. The online mapping tools with the satellite feature show that the county line is just behind the temporary facility that he was previously using to process the C & D material.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  10:36:19 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That puts him in business in Everett at least 15 years. In all those years, has he ever done anything for the city, excluding recent events?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  07:18:47 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to back up my prior post, according to the state's web site, Wood Waste first registered with the state as a corporation in January of 1993.

Edited by - tetris on 09/15/2008 07:20:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  10:47:55 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay….I understand that Fourth Street was a grassy impassable way. I just heard that Woody’s Tire and Harley Davidson trucks were towed on Saturday, when they never had in the past.

Does anyone have more insight on that, and why it happened?

I also heard the secretary that worked in Rossi’s office now works for the city too. Also, after all the payoffs are done to abutters, etc…the city will not be receiving 3.5 million. I think someone should find out the “exact figure” the city actually receives in it coffers.

Edited by - Tails on 09/15/2008 11:08:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  7:22:26 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As Tetris says…..just buring…..
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  11:04:52 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails, Where were Woody's and Harley Davidson parked? Who towed them? The city can only tow on city owned property. They cannot go onto private property and tow, even if the property owner requests it.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  08:50:43 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All I heard was they were parked where they always have in the past. Does anyone know why jersey barrier blocks are blocking Elm St? (on the side if the city yards)

Edited by - Tails on 09/16/2008 09:47:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  09:34:25 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am going to try and take a ride down to East Elm Street today and see what's going on. If the street is blocked, wouldn't that be a hazard for any medical or fire emergency in that area? Aren't there a couple of homes down on East Elm Street near the Boston Street end?

Go to Top of Page

Paul

158 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  1:11:39 PM  Show Profile Send Paul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like they have East Elm blocked off in anticipation of some work to be done on the old city yards building or maybe tearing it down.
I think the houses are before the barriers when you come from the Boston St side.

This is getting interesting.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  7:40:55 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went down there today, too. It appears that East Elm Street is completely blocked off from the Garden Street end and partially blocked off from the Boston Street end, just after the homes. The homes and emergency equipment only have one way in and one way out. Who put these barriers up and are they a safety hazard?
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  8:47:15 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I live on a deadend.....one way in and one way out.....
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  8:48:30 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This street is not a dead end.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  8:50:07 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
my apologies....I should have checked my map :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2