Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  11:40:33 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't seem to get the link to work.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  11:53:33 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go here:

You must be logged in to see this link.

on the map, click south middlesex, then the property search tab, then just- east elm st. The top two, dated 9/10/2008 is what you want to see.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  3:49:07 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure why the link isn't working; it works for me. I'm going to provide two more links that also work for me. The first one may somewhat help to explain what land was sold in the old city transaction. This is a copy of the order passed by the city council to authorize the sale way back when:

If I'm reading this document correctly, there were three parcels sold. Some of these parcels are made up of smaller lots. So there were actually six lots included in the sale. We are all familiar with two of the parcels, the city yards and the salt shed. The third parcel, which was only identified in the document as the former Touraine Paint site, is not as familiar.

It's hard getting old. The parkway area has changed so much over the years that I can't exactly place where Touraine Paint was located. Maybe somebody can help me. Even without knowing exactly where it was, my real point is that, perhaps, this is the basis of the South Ferry Street rumor that was posted in another thread earlier today. Maybe this is the additional parcel that the rumor references; I'm pretty sure that it's not on South Ferry Street though.

The second link is to the order passed by the city council earlier this month to discontinue the allowable portion of Fourth Street.

I don't claim to understand all of the notation used to describe the portion of the street being discontinued. However, what I don't under is that if the description of the property starts on the southwest corner of Boston and Fourth Streets, how does the third leg of the description also end on the southwest corner of Boston and Fourth Streets and then run back to the point of the beginning? The actual notation directions appear to be OK (Start SW, goes NW, NE, SE, and ends SW) but the English wrapped around them has a minor error. Looks to be another sloppy piece of work. As I asked before, does it really amount to a hill of beans?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  8:54:14 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The message that I get is the session has timed out.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  9:16:11 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't Touraine Paint the building on the corner of Second Street....across from HH&M Metals. I think it is a storage company now.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  9:40:58 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The links aren't working for me now either. I'm working on an alternate way to access the documents. I'll post it as soon as I get the details down.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2008 :  10:49:48 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Registry of Deeds website seems to be fickle; sometimes the links work, sometimes they don't. So with apologies to Tails, this how you access the documents:

Go here:

On the map, click South Middlesex, then the Property Search tab. To access the desired document, enter its Book and Page numbers and click search. When the result comes up, click on the underscored Volume number. When the next screen comes up, click on Quick Document Viewer to view the document.

Here is a list of the documents from the above links with book and pages numbers. I've also included a few other document that I thought there might be some interest in.

Book 51670, Page Number 164 - City Council Order Authorizing the Sale
Book 51670, Page Number 166 - Original City Council Order for the Discontinuance of Streets
Book 51670, Page Number 167 - Final City Council Order for the Discontinuance of Fourth Street
Book 51670, Page Number 168 - Deed
Book 47819, Page Number 306 - Notice of Suit (Lis Penden)
Book 44907, Page Number 287 - Judgment from Woody's Suit

From the deed and the judgment, I was able to solve the mystery of the Touraine Paint parcel. From my reading of the documents, it is the piece of land that sits in front of the old city yards.

Edited by - tetris on 09/29/2008 11:01:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  12:00:31 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had forgot about this web site and just came across it again. It's a good refresher on Wood Waste.

Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  1:33:47 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A public hearing is necessary. I am very curious how the council will speak up on this matter, and which ones will back their brother councilor. It will be interesting to see who cares, and who does not, and why.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  9:25:30 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Public Hearing on Wood Waste October 29, 2008. It would be nice to know time and location too.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  9:34:32 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if our friends from Newburyport know anything about the meeting that the Mayor said that he was attending with the AG which was supposed to be geared at get the landfill re-opened? I came recall if he said it was this Wednesday or next.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  9:43:42 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually,I believe there will be two meetings, I'll have to listen again. One this Wednesday the 8th with Mayor DeMaria and the AG and a second on the 16th with Newburyport and I think the AG to discuss reopening the Crow Lane landfill. I could be wrong but I think that is what I heard.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  10:09:38 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could be Massdee; I was a little distracted at that moment.

Update: After watching the replay, Massdee is correct. I apologize for my error.

Edited by - tetris on 10/07/2008 12:09:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  08:37:53 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's great for Everett, but what about Newburyport? Are we no longer taking out a class action lawsuit against them, or are we, and that's what this is all about. It boggles my mind when a city goes and does what's in the best interest for their residents, that have been suffering for years, and another city has the audacity to threaten to sue.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  12:14:18 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just burying spam.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.46 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2