Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  1:31:07 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was reading one of the Newburyport blogs and they have been made aware of the Wood Waste Public Hearing and Mayor DeMaria's meeting with the AG on the 8th and the meeting on the 16th about reopening Newburyport's landfill.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  3:21:37 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Wood Waste Public Hearing is scheduled for October 29, 2008, at 7:00PM in the Council Chambers.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  4:21:39 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails....why would it be wrong to sue?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  8:04:41 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why would it be correct to bring litigation against a community that was trying to do what they think is best for their residents? If Newburyport was in the wrong, wouldn't the state have made them reopen the landfill long before now. If Mr Thibeault had been in compliance, then I don't believe Newburyport would have been able to shut it down. Mr Thibeault has shown numerous times that he has no regard for the communities he has his businesses in. He is his own worst enemy.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  10:08:56 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure Newburyport is working in the best interests of their residents...but I think it's their financial interests, not their health interests that are driving the issue. Newburyport is in litigation with Thiebault because they do not want to pay their share of the cleanup in the landfill. Newburyport fought to stop any deliveries until the $$$ issues are resolved. The result of that was the city of Everett being left with piles of fill. So while they are looking out for their own financial interest, they couldln't care any less about any potential health hazard in Everett. Town leaders in Newburyport aren't interested in the woes of Everett....we should do whatever we can to encourage the state to resolve the issues between Newburyport and Wood Waste....its the best possible solution for us.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  10:19:19 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't it be best to try to find the best solution for both communities? We don't want to see the residents hurt in Everett or Newburyport. I feel Mr Thibeault should have followed through with what Mr Rossi told the City Council and the residents of Everett and trucked his debris out last June and July to the mid-west.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  10:29:40 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I honestly don't think the financial interests of Newburyport should be of any concern to the citizens of everett. If they dumped poison in the landfill when they owned it, then they should pay part of the cleanup costs. Instead, they refuse to negotiate fairly and as a result we get stuck with piles of construction debris.

For all the Newburyport folks that read this forum....I'm sorry, but I just don't agree with your cause. Your towns insistance on ducking its financial responsibilities is causing our city great turmoil. While others here may encourage you to keep up the fight, I do the opposite....stop the fighting, resolve your problems and leave our city out of it.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  10:41:17 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are an arrogant ass! The only thing you agree with is Mayor DeMaria's cause. There are people in Newburyport, like here in Everett, that are suffering health issues from the non-compliance of Mr Thibeault. We are stuck with piles of construction debris because Mr Thibeault did not truck it out as his Attorney said he would. In my opinion it is just more deception on the part of Mr Thibeault. I am appalled that you have the audacity to blame Newburyport for the woes of the city of Everett. Mr Thibeault is the person that has caused all these problems, not the residents of Everett and certainly not the residents of Newburyport.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  09:23:44 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was it Newburyport’s fault that just days after receiving another cease and desist order from the city, William Thibeault "manually and intentionally" shut down the device that dissipates noxious smells from the dump, proven by the State? Why don’t you get in touch with them, and let them tell you their stories. Their childrens illnesses……countless doctors visits. These chemicals are harmful, especially to CHILDREN that are not fully developed.

Is it Newburyport’s fault that just a year ago he was fined $14,800.00 for failing to minimize blowing litter, failing to have natural barriers for blowing littler and for the work area being a disaster mess?

Is it Newburyport’s fault that he trucked in asbestos from Woburn and they had to hire lawyers and get restraining orders?? The list goes on and on and on.

What really bothers me is Mayor DeMaria’s hypocrisy in saying we needed to sell the City Yards, because the city didn't have the money to tie this up in court and the costs that go along with it…..but in another breath…. he says we have the time and money to sue Newburyport? How about we state the real truth? The Mayor needed any weak excuse not to sue his “friend” Thibeault, and get the deal rammed through, but unless Thibeault can go somewhere with his garbage, which will wind up down on lower Broadway. Now we have bottomless pockets to sue Newburyport, yet we couldn't afford to go to court and force Wood Waste into compliance?

So, that's what's wrong with it - the idea is inconsistent with the Mayor's previous claim that we, as a city, don't have money to be tying up lawyers in court over costly litigation. So, I ask, why did the Mayor just lay down on forcing Thibeault into compliance on Boston Street, rather than help him further his goals by saying the city could not withstand the cost of litigation? He can't have it both ways.

JW.... Of all the topics on this board, little else interests you, other than my posts regarding Wood Waste.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - Tails on 10/08/2008 09:30:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  09:53:15 AM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Arrogant ass???? Not sure there is a need to start calling names....but just to keep things from getting out of hand why don't we compromise on arrogant realist. The genesis of this problem is that Newburyport didn't want to paytheir fair share of the clean up.....all other issues stem from there. That is a FACT. It's not even disputed by Newburyport. Put the timeline together yourself and you will see it.

Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  11:31:39 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The fact is that Everett's and Newburyports problems with Mr Thibeault go back long before Newburyport's clean-up debate. I know that I, as a resident of a community, would NOT have wanted that huge increase of trucking debris into my city. As I have said many times, Mr Thibeault creates many of his own problems. In most cases if he doesn't like the restrictions in place he just lunges ahead in total disregard of residents, the City, the State and Federal Government. Newburyport did not create our problems, Mr Thibeault did.
Go to Top of Page

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  11:58:53 AM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Heard through the grapevine; wondering if any of you had heard that Thibeau was indicted in Maine for hazardous waste related issues.

"Cruller DaHville"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  12:04:27 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you know what part of Maine, and what court. Also, he has so many aliases, what company name?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  12:36:40 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For a time-line of events you can read here:

As for Thibeault, pinning the bill on Newburyport, all that "countersuit" was, is an attempt to bring Newburyport to their knees, because they tried to force him into compliance. More typical threats.

Go to Top of Page

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  2:43:02 PM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Dont have that information readily available Tails; however, I have called to see if I can find specifics out for you. You are absolutely correct though; Thibeau does business under a sundry of names.

"Cruller DaHville"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2