Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  7:33:04 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just heard that Thibeault was knocking down the roof at the old city yards today and the roof is full of asbestos, and Thibeault knew this. He was tearing it down anyway. The EPA went right down there, told him to stop. I don’t know the end result but the fact is asbestos is asbestos and he did not do the right thing again, those poor people in those homes on E. Elm St!!!! They should sue.

There is but one word for Thibeault: Lawless. He’s so arrogant that he thinks the law does not apply to him and this goes for the person that WE elected to protect us, who enables his arrogance.

This really makes me wonder about breaching the oath of office. Mayoral oaths are more traditional and a formality. However, just like our police officers take the oath to uphold the laws, so should the mayor.

He has not only failed to protect, but puts the residents and the environment in greater harm by his enabling Thibeault through his "non action." What’s different now, that he neglects to mention, is the piles are no longer going anywhere, other than being dumped in Everett with all those chemicals, and now the issue with the roof???? They should quarantine that area. These people are sickening.

I think the Mayor has failed in his duty to act, and should be held personally liable for all injuries, illnesses, and costs to the city that results from Thibeaults actions.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  9:16:09 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who did you hear that from Tails?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  07:25:32 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An elected official justwondering.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  10:33:56 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The folks in Newburyport and Everett know exactly what kind of person Billy is. He not only lacks basic morals, he also has NO testicular fortitude whatsoever. His puppet attorneys do all his bidding for him. Why the F.B.I. has not taken him down is a mystery to everyone. It pays to own 70 different LLCs with his sister!

Ian
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  10:16:49 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My street got postcards in the mail about the public meeting on the 29th. For interested parties, I will attend. Thanks for the efforts. savelowerbroadway.blogspot.com is loaded with info.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  9:20:12 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been away, when I arrived home this evening, I also received a postcard in the mail about the Public Meeting on Wood Waste. I am planning on attending. I hope there will be a good turnout of concerned residents.

Here is the link listed on the postcard.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - massdee on 10/21/2008 08:04:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  08:41:44 AM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks for the link MassDee. WE ALL NEED TO BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!! Our voices NEED to be heard. Each and every one of us have to make it a point to call each of the eighteen Council members and seven Aldermen and advise them as to WHAT WE WANT AND WHAT WE EXPECT THEM TO DO............ We all know which ones have been bought and paid for (ahem, Marcus)......

IT NEEDS TO STOP HERE!!!!!!!!!!! This is OUR tax base they are auctioning off. We are at a real crossroad. The taxpayers of Everett will get absolutely NO benefit or relief from this type of one dimensional nearsighted development.

We NEED true, real, farsighted development that will not only provide us with a formidable tax base but will rejuvenate and redefine our city.

"Cruller DaHville"
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  11:23:34 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just down at Stop & Shop. I decided to drive down Boston Street to see what was going on at the City Yard. I really couldn't see much, there are workers there and you can tell some progress has been made.

What bothered me was, there is a hose attached to a fire hydrant, it goes across Boston Street and into an open window at the City Yard. There appeared to be no firemen or fire trucks down there. So, is Mr Thibeault tapping off the city's water and are we the taxpayers going to get stuck with the bill?

Enough is Enough with this man!!!
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  11:32:04 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last BOA meeting it was mentioned our fire department has been down at Wood Waste 25 times since January. Who is paying for that?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  2:10:08 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would assume our tax dollars, just like his hose being attached to a fire hydrant.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  4:01:16 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was also mentioned that Wood Waste had to have fire details down there at times although the purpose of the details was not made clear. It also wasn't made clear if the 25 times that the fire department was at Wood Waste included both calls and details. I would assume that the details would/should be paid for.
Go to Top of Page

Cam

82 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  6:38:09 PM  Show Profile Send Cam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We can't assume anything with this crew up at city hall.

BTW my water bill is high. Can I hook a hose up to the fire hydrant across the street? I assume it would be fine since Billy Thibault can do it.

Edited by - Cam on 10/21/2008 6:44:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  11:08:03 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It appears that somebody got the message; the water line is running across the street from the Wood Waste site today.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  11:39:20 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmmmmmm, looks like this message board gets read at city hall.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  11:40:28 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More broken promises. I did not see a Wood Waste notice in the papers per promised. Newburyport has appealed to their people. I guess they care about people rather than sticking their grubby fingers in the taxpayers cookie jar!

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2