Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

turk182

88 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  09:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit turk182's Homepage Send turk182 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No Doubt this guy is an Outlaw. What to do about it is the question.

"Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  09:09:59 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link.

Everett Reaches out to Newburyport.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  09:15:12 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Turk,

If you read the order on the previous page, he’s been ordered to STOP but our city government has done nothing about it.

Now, part of an agreement from Thibeault to re-open the landfill in Newburyport is he gets 35 more trucks to the landfill per day.

(Excluding trucks carrying construction & demolition materials.) For the purpose of closing and capping the landfill.

Here's the problem with this “arrangement” he is trying to make with Newburyport. Wood Waste in Everett is FULL of construction and Demolition materials.

It’s more deception.

Go to Top of Page

turk182

88 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  09:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit turk182's Homepage Send turk182 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tails

I have already come to the conclusion this guy is running a shell game, how to stop him and clean up the city?

"Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb"

Edited by - turk182 on 10/24/2008 09:29:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  09:53:32 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To stop him you must become part of the resolution. Not making excuses for his bad behavior and callousness to the residents.

You need to write, call, e-mail the State DEP, the AG. You cant give up. The State and the DEP are not getting any help from Everett's Government.

You need to contact all the elected officials in every ward.

My constant persistence is what got me those documents. All the elected officials and the state will bear the liability. At least we know the state is doing something. It's Everett government that is not.

Any guesses why????

He's not a good businessman and I wont praise him because he cleared out brush on a state rotary.

The bottom line is he's breaking the law, and Everett city government and "certain" elected officials that enabling him, are responsible and should share in the liability for all injuries, illnesses, and costs to the city that results from Thibeaults actions.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  1:46:36 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read the order 3 times. I'm in awe and speechless but most of all very angry.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  8:09:03 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It just keeps getting worse and worse.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  8:10:04 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  2:08:17 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Members from the crow lane ad hoc committee in Newburyport are planning on attending. A little advice is, although it may be a cheaper option for your city, to give in to the woodwaste owner, at this moment in time, will only cause Everett much more expenses in the future.
While that happens, residents will be subjected to more chemicals, heavy trucking that this same owner does not abide by. So while his business is still operating, he is stashing away his money for more litigation, which he knows will be forthcoming.

Ian
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  3:20:08 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your attendance will be greatly appreciated, as well as your input. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  09:31:21 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everett asks for Newburyport's take

October 27, 2008 03:42 am

Newburyporters' ears will be burning on Wednesday night. And someone — whether it is a designee of the mayor, a city councilor or councilors, or a public health official — ought to be stepping up with a fire extinguisher to put it out.

The issue is a public hearing in Everett, where the stench from an Everett-based wood waste company is filling the noses of residents there.

Sound familiar?

It should. That facility in Everett is run by William Thibeault, the same man who has been attempting to cap Newburyport's Crow Lane landfill for years. He's been doing such a bad job at it that the neighborhood around Crow Lane is often overwhelmed by the sulfurous stench of the rotting materials that Thibeault is trucking in from — you guessed it — Everett.

Ironically, many in Everett are under the impression that their woes are caused by Newburyport's foot-dragging.

Newburyport has temporarily shut down Thibeault's capping operation due to rampant violations at the site. But this fact seems to have been lost in a spin campaign being waged in Everett.

Everett and Newburyport have a common problem. They should be working together on this in a united way.

One step toward that is presenting Newburyport's case at the hearing. No doubt it will evoke sympathy and understanding, and perhaps help both cities move toward dealing with their common problem.

Mayor John Moak has said he can't go due to a prescheduled meeting on his proposed tax hike. And the city's health director also can't go, Moak said.

Someone should go, and it would be nice if there were a strong showing. Everett people ought to know what Newburyport has been suffering through for the past five years.

There's at least a handful of people in Everett who have taken the time and effort to make pleas to Newburyport to show up at this hearing. That's a plea that Newburyport ought to listen to.

In the fight to cap the landfill and end the sickening stench, Newburyport needs all the help it can get.

The hearing is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Wednesday in the Everett City Hall council chamber.

Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  12:35:42 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have not seen any Wood Waste Meeting announcements on ECTV lately. Does anyone know if they are still running? I happened to watch for a while yesterday, and did not see any on 16 or 3. I have no idea how often they run, or the times, but I'm not seeing it. The few times I did, was right at 10:00pm.
Go to Top of Page

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  3:42:41 PM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wondering......is everything all set for tonight? I truly hope that this hearing is a real healthy place. By that I mean that it will provide a true exchange of ideas and commentary.

I'm not naive enough to believe that the Administration is going to act on behalf of the citizens of this city,do the right thing, and turn its back on Thiebault. We can hope, can't we?

Does anyone know if the Boston media has been contacted? Their presence would be huge!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be a Godsend if our City Councilors or the members of the Board of Aldermen could see beyond their own personal needs and pockets and act on our behalf... "just this once"

Perhaps if the real media was present, it would put the fear of God into these public figures and they would chose us. <Lighting a candle as I type>

"Cruller DaHville"
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  3:55:51 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cruller,
The meeting is tomorrow night, not tonight. I would be very surprised if the media wasn't contacted.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  08:36:59 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Public Hearing on Wood Waste and William Thibeault is tonight:

Wednesday, October 29, 2008
7:00 PM
Everett City Hall, Council Chambers

I hope a lot of people make the effort to attend.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2