Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

outoftowner

24 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  5:52:02 PM  Show Profile Send outoftowner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone know if the violation notice scheduled to be issued to Wood Waste on Feb 24 (according to the newspaper story above) was ever delivered?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  7:37:29 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Getting information in this city is like pulling teeth. No updates in any of the papers this week. No Wood Waste items are on next week's Common Council agenda. There's a possibility that one could be added under suspension but that is usually frowned upon. Because this is an important issue it may be allowed but Wood Waste items under suspension have been disallowed in the past. The newspaper cycle doesn't begin again until next Wednesday. However, if we find out anything, we'll be sure to post it here.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  1:05:32 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was told the violation from the Building Department to Wood Waste has been delivered. The fine is $30.00 a day. I am waiting for a copy of the violation, I will post it when I receive it.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  6:34:41 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you kidding me? $30.00 a day. Is that state law or what the city came up with? Do people realize this man made approximately 50 MILLION DOLLARS on Wood Waste last year and his fine is $30.00 a day?

I'm not happy about that at all. To him, that like less than 3 cents a day.

He's making 50 Million and hard working people cant even enjoy there homes because of him. People making minimum wage are getting sick........all because of him!

I cant believe it, this violation is going to end up being a farce. It's just a little something to make it look like the administration is doing something. What they are doing is a joke.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen

173 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  6:43:18 PM  Show Profile Send Ellen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
$210.00 a week in fines. Like that will mean a damn thing to Thibeault.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:16:39 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A bunch of new press releases added to the city web site today. Here's a link to one that I found to be interesting.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:25:51 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting indeed. I wonder what's up?

I am posting the text to the link Tetris provided.

March 2, 2009
Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MAYOR SEEKS INFORMATION FROM RESIDENTS REGARDING WOOD
WASTE
Mayor Carlo DeMaria Jr. is asking all residents and abutters affected by Wood Waste,
Inc. to submit written complaints to the Mayor’s Office. Letters must include name and
address, and typewritten on plain paper. In the coming weeks the Mayor’s office will use
a website, and an e-mail address to receive letters. All letters can be addressed to:
Mayor’s Office
484 Broadway
Everett, MA 02149
###
For additional information please contact Matt Laidlaw, Director of Communications,
City of Everett.
Matt Laidlaw
Director of Communications
City of Everett
484 Broadway
Everett, MA 02149
617-394-2470
matt.laidlaw@ci.everett.ma.us
###

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:29:48 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sometimes, the version of Adobe that I have allows me to copy text; other times, it doesn't. Or maybe, it's just me. Thanks for posting the actual text Massdee.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  4:03:27 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Mayor should just issue the damn cease and desist, and stop playing games and wasting people's time.

Why is he doing this now, after all this time? Gee.........it wouldn't be because it's election year now, would it?

WE are paying Matt Laidlaw for all this, to run the election on the taxpayers dollar. He's learning a lot from the owners of Wood Waste.

It's too late for something like this, this is what should have been done last May. The Mayor has got to stop hiding behind his wall and procrastinating, he does not have what it takes to handle this.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  10:02:39 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did not write this, I saw it on Topix, and could not agree more about this farce of a press release and the Wood Waste website.

Wouldn’t that be just dandy, having Boston Sludge Plant right beside Wood Waste. That alone would give Thibeault a readymade customer right next door and a rail road to ship the remaining waste away by rail. I find the timing of the planning board meeting all just a little too convenient.

Written by: fool-me-once

Why can't anyone see what is going on here with Woodwaste? This little assault by DeMaria on Thibeault is nothing more than a cooked up scheme between the two of them. Here is how it works: DeMaria comes off as the caped crusader against woodwaste all of a sudden, forcing Thibeault into compliance by issuing actions relative to the removal of the piles. Notice that this is what the focus is... it is not on his overall compliance or agreeing to produce plans by March 1 for a fully enclosed facility to be built.. no.. it is about the piles. And you want to know why? Lower Broadway, that's why.

Thibeault and DeMaria know the door is being slammed shut on him being allowed down there under the circumstances, so now they play this charade where in the end, Thibeault (with the support of DeMaria) will be making the claim "Well all right, you're fining me and taking me to court over the piles, but you block the most cost effective way of me moving the piles (since Newburyport doesn't seem to be an option)by saying "I can't go to lower Broadway." The city asks for me to do something and when I find a solution, the city wont let me do that either. I'm a victim you're Honor." That's just how the DeMaria administration and Pal Thibeault will spin it.

That's what this is all about.... it is not about the piles.. it is about Thibeault getting what he wanted all along and DeMaria trying to steal another election. Only he won't have unwitting help this time around.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  10:19:02 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link. March 3, 2009

More weirdness from Everett

Something is up in Everett. The following is from the City's web site.

March 2, 2009
Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MAYOR SEEKS INFORMATION FROM RESIDENTS REGARDING WOODWASTE

Mayor Carlo DeMaria Jr. is asking all residents and abutters affected by Wood Waste, Inc. to submit written complaints to the Mayor’s Office. Letters must include name and address, and typewritten on plain paper. In the coming weeks the Mayor’s office will use a website, and an e-mail address to receive letters. All letters can be addressed to:
Mayor’s Office
484 Broadway
Everett, MA 02149
###
For additional information please contact Matt Laidlaw, Director of Communications, City of Everett.

Director of Communications
City of Everett
484 Broadway
Everett, MA 02149
617-394-2470
matt.laidlaw@ci.everett.ma.us

Posted by Gillian Swart at 5:36 PM
Labels: Everett/Wood Waste, landfill
2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Everett Mayor is a day late and a dollar short. Why now during the election time? Why not last spring, since that's when this all begun, after the March 08 Newburyport Cease and Desist?

He's wasting time and city resources. He's procrastinating, and should just file the cease and desist.

Rumor has it that Mayor Carlo got quite the spanking from the DEP. He also made the statement that Newburyport and Everett are the same problem, and he wants them resolved together.

I don't think they are the same problem at all. I think Billy wants them resolved together.

That would save Billy money.
March 3, 2009 6:38 PM
Gillian Swart said...

I did hear - and report last week - that the state wants to make Newburyport and Everett the same "problem."

I think the DEP and AG's office did a lot of spanking last week ...
March 3, 2009 7:33 PM

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  10:58:43 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A quote from the Independents Wood Waste article today:

"According to the DeMaria administration, the collection of complaints will create a paper trail that will help the city and state agencies in future stages of this dilemma."

What is the difference with a website of complaints and the boxes and boxes of complaints over the years concerning Wood Waste?

Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  4:42:09 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been down in the Wood Waste area? The violation was delivered a week ago yesterday. I am wondering if Wood Waste has begun to come into compliance? The clock is ticking on his thirty days and then those huge fines of $20.00 a day start. That sure is an incentive for him to get rid of those piles.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  6:15:24 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was at Wood Waste and they were operating as usual. There is a HUGE uncovered pile on the Chelsea side. Unbelievable.

The Mayor should close that place down and send the police department down there and make sure all operations cease immediately.

He has no more room, I would bet that stuff will start to work it way across the street into the old city yards. Who's watching this to see what he's doing? The average residents are, not the city, not the Board of Health, no one in authority to do something.

What a real shame.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  9:41:36 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a paper copy of the violation. I don't have access to a scanner to be able to post it with the City Seal. I have typed it out, so I can share it.

City Of Everett
Building Department

2-24-09

Wood Waste
85-87 Boston St.
Everett, Ma. 02149
Attn: William Thibeault
Regular & Certified Mail 7002 0510 0004 3670 4588

Hand Delivered

Re: Outdoor Storage of Good at 85-87 Boston St
Map K-4, Lots 6-29 & 33-40

Dear Mr. Thibeault;

This office conducted an inspection of your property and you are in violation of the City of Everett Zoning Ordinance Section 21 Industrial Limited District (a) Uses. Section 5. “Storage of goods in containers where all storage is contained within the building, not including storage of any raw or natural materials”.

You are hereby ordered to remove all outdoor storage within 30 days.

Failur to do so will result in daily fines for all violations per City of Everett Zoning Ordinance Section 13 Violations and Penalties. “Whoever shall violate any provision of this ordinance shall, for each offense, and for each and every day that such offense continues, shall be subject to a fine of not more than twenty dollars ($20.00)

James Sheehan
Inspector of Buildings
Cc: Mayor’s Office, B.O.H., City Solicitor, Code Enforcement, Police Department, and Fire Prevention

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2