Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  5:14:04 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You must be logged in to see this link.

The last two entries on this page hast to do with Thibeault's landfill in Newburyport.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  6:31:56 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I’m surprised by this quote from Newburyport….

I have to say, I was shocked to learn that councillors had not heard about the depositions to which some residents who live near the landfill were subjected by New Ventures in the company's attempt to dispute its liability over the effects of hydrogen sulfide leaking from the landfill. If I'm not mistaken, it was in the Daily News.
Go to Top of Page

Cam

82 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  12:13:42 PM  Show Profile Send Cam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last night someone told me that during the break of the Common Council meeting when Simonelli was called out of order that DeMaria was out in the hall screaming and yelling at Simonelli for bringing Woodwaste up at the meeting. Is this true was anyone there?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  1:07:04 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard too (was not there however) from a good source that his temper flared. I will agree that Simonelli was out of line and feel this should have been a calendar item but Simonelli was 100% correct with what he said. Regardless of the way it came out, it's the truth. The Mayor even said at the budget hearings that his legal team is working on the Woodwaste issue. I'm sure he meant their working helping Thibeault move his facility to an area where there is an ordinance in place not to go since Thibeault did try and come forward with plans to move to lower Broadway but was shot down by the BOA. The same area that we were promised the shopping mall, jobs and revenue that would lower taxes. The same area where we all saw the pretty pictures of lower Broadway which we are now finding out was never the plan at all.

So, the taxpayers are paying to help Thibeault, the same man that is suing the city (taxpayers)The same man who has never complied with DEP rules in Everett and Newburyport. The same man who deliberately shut off odor control for retaliation. Our city clerk sent Woodwaste a letter about the stench and his responce was "not me" Then the city clerk sends another letter saying it has been determined that it is you and he says "prove it". Something stinks and it's not just Woodwaste on Boston Street and New Ventures on Crow Lane. This stink is coming from 484 Broadway, Everett. Simonelli said he took an oath to the people, not Woodwaste and the people have a right to know what's going on.

Edited by - Tails on 06/06/2008 3:07:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  1:22:55 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails....what position are you in that you know what the mayor is trying to negotiate with Thiebault? Last I heard, it was unclear who owned the land on lower broadway. It's impossible for the mayor to negotiate a move to a piece of property not owned by Theibault.

Foundations haven't been poured, buildings havent been built....how can you say that "we are now finding out was never the plan"

Stop Spreading Lies.....just because all the facts aren't given to you doesn't mean you can make the story up as you go along.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  1:39:17 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The question was asked to the Mayor......when Thibeault was there with his plans, and not allowed to come forward, if his plan was to move to lower Broadway and the answer from the Mayor was yes. Go back and view the tape and it was the Mayor himself that said the legal team is working on the Woodwaste issue. The same man who is suing the city.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  1:41:13 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know who actually owns that property?
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  1:45:44 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right.....but you are saying that if he moves down there, that is all that will be down there. I haven't heard or seen anything that leads me to believe that to be true. Either way, lower broadway or the parkway...it looks like he is going to be required to move indoors. That is a win for Everett. Yes, he has 18 months to do it in....but if the mayor is able to negotiate a way for it to happen sooner, Im all for it.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  1:50:02 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since Woodwaste is a calendar item Monday night, I would assume they did their homework and found out. I think a simple phone call to the assessors office can clear that up. I was disappointed that no one from the BOA had done any history on it and Jason Marcus used this important matter for face time. Truly sickening. and I also find it hard to believe that the mayor didn't know. Why would that be on the man's plan's if he didn't own the property? That doesn't make sense to me.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  2:00:25 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But, as you said, why would he be negotiating anything about lower Broadway since the Mayor said he isn't sure who owns the property. I am in favor of Wood Waste staying where it is and in an enclosed facility. Following his track record here and in Newburyport, I find it hard to believe he will ever clean up the Boston Street site if allowed to relocate. In the past he has ignored the Federal Government (EPA) the State Government (DEP) and City Government. Will he all of a sudden have a change of heart and follow through with agreements that he makes, I personally don't think so. Just so you don't misunderstand, this is my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  2:20:47 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for the clarification massdee...opinions are always welcome....fabrication and spreading of lies should be kept to a minimum :)

I think its important to keep in mind the differences in the 2 facilities (Newburyport and Everett). I think we in Everett are more likely to see resolution to our Woodwaste issues than our counterparts in Newburyport. I base this opinion of the many differences between the Newburyport Landfill and Everett Transfer Station. A roof over the Everett facility solves our problem...you cant fix landfill issues with a roof.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  2:39:25 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A roof is only going to hide all the harmful things he is not suppose to accept but does. The roof was suppose to go up 12 years ago and never did. He pumps anything and everything into the air for a buck with no regard to the environment or to the residents and neighboring businesses in that area. The spreading of lies is from the administration and last years campaign non-truths. Just like Simonelli said, I’m for the people........unlike the administration that makes excuses for him. We have seen enough personal favors for Thibeault.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  2:41:47 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand there is a difference in the two facilities. That does not change the fact that Mr Thibeault did not follow through with agreements made in both communities. It goes to show the character of the gentleman. You have to admit that Mr Thibeault's past business practices is the cause of people being suspect of his attentions. I find it extremely difficult to believe anything that Mr Thibeault agrees to will ever come to fruition. So, why take the chance? Have him stay where he is and clean up and enclose that site. It's a means to an end that most people are willing to accept.

Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  3:29:12 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails,

Another problem I have with Mayor DeMaria and Wood Waste is, he recently said, "I have been in favor of Wood Waste moving to lower Broadway for the past three years."

That is not what his supporters are saying that they were told during the campaign.
Go to Top of Page

card

117 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  06:40:17 AM  Show Profile Send card a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This wood waste is a lost cause "WHAT WILL BE WILL BE"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2