Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 Clean Streets-Clean City
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  10:06:09 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you ever see our City look so clean? I haven't and my area it took one week of not making false threats and actually towing the cars left on the street and since then, it is always completely empty when the sweeper comes down the street.
Thank you Mayor DiMaria.

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  09:26:28 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I appreciate our streets being cleaner. The police and GTA are doing a good job. I think, maybe, we should be thanking Simonelli for bringing up this issue to begin with at the Common Council meeting. Simonelli was the one that pushed for the towing. The Mayor agreed, but Simonelli got the ball rolling.

I have a question on a recent post by Emile.

quote:Originally posted by H1ghCh4r1ty

The street sweeper is being rented by the City from GTA for $77.00 per operating hour. Based on an eight hour day, I think that works out to about $3000.00 per week. That's all the info I have.

The Pup and Emile Schoeffhausen

Does that $3000.00 a week cover the sweeper and the driver? I have also seen two GTA sweepers out in the same day. So, are we actually paying $6000.00 a week? When will the city's own sweepers be ready to be used? At least one of the city's sweeper's has been down for over a year.

Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  10:56:19 AM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lynda, Clean streets are great. What is your opinion on other issues facing the community? Do we need a new rec director? Should the rec be combined with the Parks Dept.? What about the sale of the Devens? or the relocation of Wood Waste? There are so many things going on.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  5:21:51 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marie, Are you related to justwondering?
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  5:40:31 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God, I hope not!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  09:15:03 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The street sweeper just went by, we are still renting the equipment from GTA. I wonder what the status is on the repairs of the city's own equipment.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  09:53:16 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From the FY2008 budget infomation that is posted on the city web site, it would be hard to determine where the money could come from within the City Services budget to pay for the contracting out of the street sweeping function. Would have to assume that it is being paid out of City Services budget since no transfer of funds has been requested to pay for it.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  11:02:15 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't it be prudent of the BOA and/or the CC to ask how we are paying for this and when we could expect to be using our own street sweepers to bring down the cost?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  1:34:56 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even if it comes from the city service budget, isn't that still taxpayer money? I still would like to know how long GTA will continue to do this and how much of an additional cost this is costing the taxpayers. So far we know it’s at least.....3,000.00 per week and it’s not the Mayor's employees that are doing the work, its GTA and they are being paid a hefty amount of change for it. This work belongs to city services so if they are not doing the sweeping, what are they doing instead and did GTA bid for this and was 3,000.00 per week the lowest bid?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  2:20:00 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those are great questions. That is why I would like either the BOA or CC address this.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  07:59:57 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marie

Lynda, Clean streets are great. What is your opinion on other issues facing the community? Do we need a new rec director? Should the rec be combined with the Parks Dept.? What about the sale of the Devens? or the relocation of Wood Waste? There are so many things going on.

Marie, there are all different sections on this blog for all of your concerns. The Rec Dept. has its own section look to the bottom, Sale of the Devens school I would guess would be under the schools, Wood Waste, well I am not sure but if you look long enough I am sure it is in here somewhere. I stated a fact that has made me very happy with the new Mayor that is why I wrote it under the "Mayoral Transition 2007-2008" header.
Read all and you too will find what you are looking for.
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  08:13:09 AM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lynda, I did not realize that you posted under those other headings. Sorry, I'll go check it out.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2008 :  5:04:25 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When the GTA sweeper went by this week, it left a pile of dirt and rocks in front of my neighbors house and blew all kinds of crap into my front yard. Both me and my neighbor spent quite a while picking up the mess the sweeper left behind. This week our area was cleaner before the sweeper went by. I think maybe the sweeper needs to get emptied more frequently.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  8:53:08 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any news when the city sweepers will be up and running? Every week that goes buy without using our own equipment is costing the taxpayers more money. My opinion is that is not being fiscally responsible.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  9:52:59 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been well over a year that the cities sweeper wasn’t working. Didn’t Simonelli put this on the calendar about the status of the sweeper? Does anyone know the status of the “status report” we are supposed to get from the City Service Director on the sweeper. I cannot remember what the city service director said about it. Regardless, this work belongs in city services and it’s time to get the sweeper going. Is it just sitting in the city yards taking up space?
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  12:13:44 PM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I noticed, while driving around Everett, that a lot of sewers have a bright green mark spray painted above them. Does anyone know what it indicates?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2