Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Announcements
 Com Council/2009
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

carlost everett

41 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  9:51:09 PM  Show Profile Send carlost everett a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of that, where was the Conflict of Interest Queen, our so-called Purchasing Agent? Boy talk about suspicious! Perfect example of putting 10 lbs. of poop into a 2 lb. suit (although I believe how she looks in the suit is how she got her job).

CarloST Everett
Go to Top of Page

Truth Hurts

7 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  9:54:17 PM  Show Profile Send Truth Hurts a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that the traffic has gotten worst since that big, permanent, accident happened on the rotary. People can't believe we actually are paying homage to the Mayor with that abortion.

p.s. Love the mad cow Carlost, had to copy it. Kinda reminds me of
the corner office.

"Truth Hurts"

Edited by - Truth Hurts on 06/15/2009 9:58:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  10:29:29 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, and the bottom line for me is the Capital Waste fiasco was caused because the purchasing agent has not been overseeing this.

Unless she had a dire emergency, she should have been there. More incompetence and it just proves that we need a full time purchasing agent and these dumb consolidations are costing us more than what they are worth.

Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  10:35:25 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Truth Hurts

I think that the traffic has gotten worst since that big, permanent, accident happened on the rotary. People can't believe we actually are paying homage to the Mayor with that abortion.

p.s. Love the mad cow Carlost, had to copy it. Kinda reminds me of
the corner office.

"Truth Hurts"

I agree with you on that pathetic rotary. Do you realize people in their cars look over and laugh? I see it all the time. We have the beautiful sign with the mayors name on it, with beautiful big flowers all around his sign, and grass about 5 feet high. Yea.....okay.

As for the state police, my opinion is they are needed. Even if it's temporary. I really have no idea why the traffic in that area has been the way it is. It is literally a four lane traffic jam and can take 20 minutes just to get around the rotary. It's the four lanes (which are really two) all jamming in at the same time, and no one goes anywhere. The police need to keep the traffic moving. I would ticket those jerks who squeeze down the middle, it's two lanes.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  10:58:55 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carlost everett

Speaking of that, where was the Conflict of Interest Queen, our so-called Purchasing Agent? Boy talk about suspicious! Perfect example of putting 10 lbs. of poop into a 2 lb. suit (although I believe how she looks in the suit is how she got her job).

CarloST Everett

She was the lawyer for Wood Waste, and convenientley gets a job in the city. So yes, she's part of the circle of connections to Billy.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  07:11:38 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with what's already been said about this piece, especially about the administration not being prepared to speak on the piece in detail. Why? Because they were able to slip it by the BOA without a lot of questions?

Don't you just love it when pieces are put on the agenda that the City Council is just about forced to accept without getting all of the answers that they are looking for? I recall the Mayor saying that he wasn't fan of this practice when he served on the council.

I can't believe how hard the reason for the Capital increase was danced around. I'll have to listen to the meeting again because I pulled up my copies of the FY09 and FY10 budgets up a little too late to be sure but, the amounts that the City Solicitor read off for the Capital contract in those two years sounded like they were greater than the amounts budgeted for that line item in those two years. I'll check on that.

Didn't they do a great job of throwing prior administrations under the bus as the reason for Capital picking up everything? Hasn't this been their policy for the first 17 and 1/2 months of their administration?

And didn't you know that Councilor Simonelli would somehow work in the fact that Frank Champi was let go? I just picked the wrong piece that he would use.

The Board of Health is probably a better place to sent this piece. I guess that they'll just have to send the response to Councilor Hick's house in two weeks though.

Is there some big secret about the R.F. Walsh report that we can't know about? Is it completed? Does anybody know anything about it?

I still don't get what's really changing in regards to the old High School other than who is in control of it. Why would the problems be any different because of that?

These meetings have certainly gone to the dogs! I know, too obvious. I know that Councilor Billy Cardello was trying to do a good thing that but, as constructed, his piece just doesn't make a lot of sense. Here's a law that you should be following while you're breaking another law. ??? Five minute rule! The dog park will solve the problem! How long have Councilors Simonelli and Sarnie been waiting to use those! Poor Joe King. ECTV really needs to do something about Billy Cardello's microphone, if that's what the actual problem is.

A minimum of four weeks to install new cameras? On yeah...it is ECTV after all. It's too bad that so many of the councilors think that their job consists of nothing more than taking phone calls from constituents and making calls for them. If that's the case, let's just elect 25 Wayne Matewskys. I can't tell you how many e-mails I've sent to City Council members that I've never gotten a response to. Part of their job is to be legislators. That part of the job can't be done when they are on vacation. And how about their support staff. What do they do when there are no meetings?
Go to Top of Page

dadoo

11 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  10:58:47 AM  Show Profile Send dadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Capital waste is a good company and the same people complaining about the company picking everything up were the same people that wanted everything picked up for cleanliness. The Ragucci diehards like Bruno that keeps repeating herself about the contract only wants JRS back because they gave kickbacks. Never had this problem before when we had a purchasing officer. I wonder how much trash they have been picking up from Boston St at our expense.
Go to Top of Page

makemelaugh

37 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  2:58:58 PM  Show Profile Send makemelaugh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
isn't it funny how the residents throw all the computers and t.v's in green bags, I would like to see code enforcement fine everyone who is doing it, but, it will never happen I don't care what telissa say's it will never happen, know why, they don't have a clue. WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THE BUILDINGS people move in and out and the owners or these building are not going to be held accountable for trash that is not theirs, wait everett will become a garbarge city just give it time. Rosa's idea is good but that will never happen either if you watch channel three or sixteen they show you the wrong way and right way to throw trash it won't happen, NOT WITH TWO MONTHS OFF AND WE PAY FOR THEM update camera's my ass
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  3:20:37 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dadoo

Capital waste is a good company and the same people complaining about the company picking everything up were the same people that wanted everything picked up for cleanliness. The Ragucci diehards like Bruno that keeps repeating herself about the contract only wants JRS back because they gave kickbacks. Never had this problem before when we had a purchasing officer. I wonder how much trash they have been picking up from Boston St at our expense.

Sorry....Dadoo (?) they will never renew with another company, and I'm going to tell you why.

Why don't you ask the administration about the fundraiser Capital Waste just had for Mayor Carlo?

The Winthrop Arms was well attended. Since Capital did the fundraiser for him, he’s letting them get away with the candy store.

Carlo strong-armed Capital Waste to do a BIG fund raiser and NOW Carlo is allowing the increases. Instead of having the Purchasing Agent - Jill Barringer - all over this thing, HE let them do whatever they want. This payment to Capital Waste was a TRADE OFF. Again we get sold down the river for HIS personal gain.
Go to Top of Page

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  4:57:41 PM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A group of us old retirees who have interplayed with the city in our past lives had lunch today and this exact thing came up. We were discussing how its the CPO's job to keep vendors in line. Say what you will, but the former CPO put out more bids and contracts and squeezed every dime out of vendors for the benefit of the city.

It was so obvious last night that not one of the those beauties in the Solicitor's Office (hmmm, appropriate name, dontcha think) had a damn clue. How embarrassing. If I were their boss, I would have lined them up and shot them. Maybe I would have really tortured them, and made them talk to each other or open a law book. A quarter of a million in salaries down there and not one of them can read a contract or negotiate terms with a vendor. Boy OH Boy!!!!!!

Then we have eighteen of God's finest putting their heads together and no one could challenge this mentally challenged group of "advisors". What a show!

Last week, I recall RVC asking questions and the answers he got were that those were 'unnegotiated costs'. Isn't that what a CPO is for? Oh yeah, the mental midget we have in the corner office said we didn't need a purchasing agent. Thats because he's making his OWN deals with these same vendors.

HELLO IG, DA, WHERE ARE YOU? BTW... Nice research Tails!!!!!

Just MY Humble Opinion

"Cruller DaHville"

Edited by - Cruller DaVille on 06/16/2009 5:03:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  8:54:21 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why does the mayor always go out of the city? Is he trying to hide something?
Go to Top of Page

scamore

105 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  04:38:31 AM  Show Profile Send scamore a Private Message  Reply with Quote
special meeting c.c. monday nite, to allow the 2million for stadium, also frank nuzzo resigned as alderman ward one, wayne was out getting signatures yesterday at post office let the games begin.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  8:38:19 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Missed the very beginning (ECTV started showing a concert at 7:00 PM so I changed the channel), but the special meeting of the Common Council was held tonight at 7:00 PM. It ran a little over a half hour. The only item that I saw was the transfer for the stadium project. To their credit, the councilors asked some pretty good questions.. But in the end, the transfer passed 15-1. Reconsideration failed by the same margin. The lone dissenting vote was Councilor Simonelli. He wasn't against fixing the stadium but he thought that the money could be better spent, at this time anyways, for other capital improvements such as fire trucks and improved fire facilities. Councilors Sierra (?) and DiFlorio (familty illness) were the only members absent. The mayor thanked the members for attending and he also made them aware that there would be other things that he would be calling them back for over the summer even though they are on recess.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  9:12:46 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was really hoping this wouldn't pass. There are so many other things that money could be used for............ I don't much care for Simonelli, but I think he was on the money tonight!
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  9:51:58 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agreed 100% with Steve Simonelli. He may go ballistic at times but he sincerely cares about people and his heart is in the right place. He tries, sometimes too much, but he tries and that means more to me than the ones that just sit there, and go along to get along. If he is elected on the Board of Alderman, he is donating his pay to veterans services and that says a lot for someone's character.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2