Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 New Ventures/Crow lane landfill
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  3:46:55 PM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bravo Tetti. I couldn't agree with you more.

As it concerns lower Broadway; first and foremost, it was not Everett's to fight about. Hundreds of good intentioned individuals tried to fight that fight and alas, lost. However, that being said, it was reported that the former administration had almosted inked an agreement with BWS to get a benefit for the people of Everett for having to live with an unsitely abutter. The reports said that BWS would extend the contract they had with DEP and take in and process the storm water drains from Everett. That would have been a substantial savings to the City. Ironically, WW used to process these same droppings.

WW is no where in the same league as BWS. Although many of us in the citizen's group disagreed with them, they showed us respect and integrity. The man who manages BWS is a former State Representative who knows how to "respond" to a community.

Its totaly obvious that the only people who defend WW are benefitting from him.

One man's defense of his constituency is another man's defense of his campaign war chest and the inempt staff he chooses to keep. viza ve... the comments and taunting above

"Cruller DaHville"
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  3:59:22 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bottom line. Thibeault is going to do whatever it is that he feels is right thing for him. All this other stuff is nothing more than a distraction to him. What became of any of it? RVC's not running for mayor. Marchese, not sure exactly what you are referring to but he was mostly sound and fury. Simonelli, doesn't even know how to use the internet from what I hear and has an aldermen's campaign that's on life support even though he's running against what should be a very vunerable opponent.

If Mr. Thiebault really wanted to be on lower Broadway, he'd being doing evertyhing in his power to be there. Since the rail option from that site is no longer a possibility, it seems like he's not as interested in it anymore. Still went forward with planning board hearing to subdivide the land though, so I'm not sure he's done. For him to watch the old city yard property sitting there not making him any money and that he'd have to wait a good amount fot the economy to recover before he could do something on a huge scale down there with no gurantee of success must have driven him nuts. Why not take the sweetheart deal now? The guy is a "good" businessman in that sense of the word anyways.

Sorry, still not buying it.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  4:19:03 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tetris

For him to watch the old city yard property sitting there not making him any money and that he'd have to wait a good amount fot the economy to recover before he could do something on a huge scale down there with no gurantee of success must have driven him nuts. Why not take the sweetheart deal now? The guy is a "good" businessman in that sense of the word anyways.

Sorry, still not buying it.

I'm sure the future development opportunities for a combined WW/OCY sites are much greater than the opportunities that may be available for just the OCY. When the boards stood tall against a move, they effectively limited future development on the parkway. That's my opinion. Other than typical Everett politics, I can't see any reason why you wouldn't agree with that statement. (other than my use of 2 negatives in the same sentence)

Edited by - just wondering on 05/22/2009 4:37:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  10:21:36 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
C'mon. Mr. Thibeault is not the type that backs down from a fight. Do you think that anyone on the City Council now has him shaking in his boots now? I certainly don't.

Of course, the future development opportunities of a larger area would most likely be greater; it's simple math. But in order to maximize the opportunity, the entire area would need to be redeveloped. He doesn't have the only business in the area that a hotel or a theatre wouldn't want to be located next to. That would be a challenge because these are businesses that no other city would want either. Not having any place else to go, the price to make them go away would be high.

So should Mr. Thibeault have held on for something that might happen someday and cost him more money to achieve with no guaranteed return or take an opportunity to come close to doubling his investment in less than 9 months? I'm assuming that he made what he thought was the best financial decision for himself, at this point in time anyways. Sometimes, you have to take the sure thing and walk away from a gamble that may or may not pay off at some unknown point in the future, even if it could have the potential to be lucrative.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  10:15:00 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by just wondering

once the lsndfill is closed, the smell goes away......here and there

You made a statement that once the landfill is closed, the smell is gone. That’s not the case. Have you been hearing what has been going on in Newburport? New Ventures is delivering on Saturdays, weekdays before 8:00AM, the stuff smells like rotten eggs…..he’s knocking down trees and knocking down barrier walls on Crow lane. How can you not feel for those people and be so heartless?

quote:
Originally posted by just wondering

Are you implying that WW's decision to stay on Boston Ave had nothing to do with the constant roadblocks put in place by our councils? Between RVC trying to see if the WW issue was enough to launch a campaign for mayor, Marchese trying to get even for a beat down and Simonelli incorrectly concluding that the blogs are an accurate place to take pulse of his constituents....both boards were fighting a useless battle. As a result, they lost sight of the cities future and missed out on some great opportunities.

No one on a blog stopped the development plans. All the people that spoke out against Wood Waste were saying was ‘It aint happening”………..and it didn’t, because Mr. Thibeault is not a man of his word. He’s proven that yet again with the warehouse. That was NOT his proposal.
So now that the plans falls through for you, you blame blogs, and your another one going after Steve Simonelli ……..saying…….”he incorrectly concludes that the blogs are an accurate place to take pulse of his constituents”…….. Steve Simonelli doesn’t even know how to use a computer, so that is totally inaccurate and wonder where a statement like that came from. Marchese has an issue with the Chief, not Thibeault, and RVC is not running for mayor. It’s obvious that you don’t have an ounce of common sense that these good men have, stating that “blogs” single handedly ruined development opportunities. I have more respect for those men than those puppets on the council that just slow down government with their personal agendas and see what they can get for themselves out of the city. These men are there for the people.

Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  3:52:30 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course it still smells....the landfill isnt closed yet. What did you expect to happen when a giant pile of smelly debris was moved via truck to a landfill. It smells and will continue to smell until the work is complete. They will cap the landfill and grow grass on top of it like all other landfills. Bye Bye Smell! And in case you have difficulty connecting the dots....when the piles are gone from Boston St....the smell goes away too. This is another example of you not looking at the big picture.

Also...

RVC was still very much in the process of contemplating a run for Mayor when he stood up for WW staying on the parkway.
Marchese does have an issue with Thiebault....the result of a physical altercation the 2 of them had at a Saugus nightclub (I hear Marchese didn't do to well in that altercation and is still pretty bitter about it).
Simonelli doesn't need to be computer literate to know what is happening on the blog. He just needs someone telling him what's on here. He isn't bright enough to do any homework himself.

Without a doubt, the 3 of them have caused future parkway development to suffer.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  4:36:59 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
no no no. The crap going to Newburyport is supposed to be deodorized in Everett first, and that's not being done. RVC is still fighting the fight, and not running for mayor. How on earth would you know Simonelli is getting messages from blogs, unless your sitting right next to him, and very few people knew about that altercation in Saugus. And by the way.....the altercation was over Wood Waste and what he was doing to the people of Everett, and of course, Thibeault's foul mouth.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  01:47:23 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And so it begins, again.

Degrading situation at the landfill

All weekend landfill neighbors have been complaining about heavy odors from the landfill and un-returned calls to New Ventures.

Someone has even called Channel 7 news .....

Ward 5 City Councillor Brian Derrivan has written that John Carrigan from DEP is there, as of about 45 minutes ago.

Meanwhile, Mayor Moak has responded to the City Council with answers to the questions councillors have about process and procedures at the former dump.

Of course, since then (July 2) the situation seems to have degraded considerably.

As someone noted, isn't it funny how this ALWAYS happens on holiday weekends?

Ian
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  02:29:05 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Half truths, the landfill stench has leaked into people's homes and backyards. We are being told it is not hazardous.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Ian
Go to Top of Page

Lori

96 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  07:37:18 AM  Show Profile Send Lori a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you know what I would do, I would called in the State go higher than the DEP, this could be another woburn mass on our hands, I was at S&S yesterday and saw ground for the first time ever, I don't doubt you Ian I believe there is leakage in peoples homes but you guys need help down there and the MAYOR will not give it to you, Thiebault owns DeMaria
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  08:58:10 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, but what bothers me is that stuff being put in the landfill came from Everett. As a Mayor of Everett, the Mayor “should” have great concern for the health and well being of the Newburyport residents. This is in HIS hands.

God only knows what's in that crap and since Newburyport is having issues with leakage in yards and homes, obviously the waste was not regulated like it should have been before being shipped out. I’m sorry but the Mayor of Everett shares responsibility in this. Who was watching Wood Waste while this was going on?
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  10:43:31 AM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lori

you know what I would do, I would called in the State go higher than the DEP, this could be another woburn mass on our hands, I was at S&S yesterday and saw ground for the first time ever, I don't doubt you Ian I believe there is leakage in peoples homes but you guys need help down there and the MAYOR will not give it to you, Thiebault owns DeMaria

This has nothing at all to do with DeMaria....OUR MAYOR did what was right for OUR CITY....the piles are gone...legally moved...legally disposed of. When the landfill is capped, the smells that Ian is complaining about will go away.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  8:14:19 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
None of this has anything to do with DeMaria......... is absolutley right. Past history and DeMaria's procrastination proved that. The only reason those piles are being moved is because it's now convenient for Thibeault.

He wants to double his money on that sale of the old city yards, and get that done......while we have no benefit to that property. Very little tax base.

No orders in the world will make Thibeault move, he moves at his own pace and DeMaria had nothing to do with this. If he was true to his word, he would be on top of that enclosure, which I do not see happening. The landfill is supposed to be closed in two months. What happens after that? The piles add up again and still, no enclosure?

BTW....people in Newburyport have been very kind, and helpful since the cease and desist, and have worked to help people in Everett and advise.... on their own personal time. I bet if the Mayor had rotten egg smell in his back yard and in the Taj Mahal, he would do a lot more than "complain." I would not call Ian complaining, but looking out for help. They were promised this would not happen.
Go to Top of Page

Truth Hurts

7 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  05:24:28 AM  Show Profile Send Truth Hurts a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everything about this administration has a rotten egg smell

Edited by - Truth Hurts on 07/08/2009 4:46:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  5:41:25 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not complaining but a warning. Once the landfill is capped and closed we will be at liberty to say goodbye once and for all to New Ventures. Our chain has heard from an Everett person that New Ventures purchased some property on a water shed yesterday for 11 mill. Sounds like will be moving New Ventures there. Take it from people who have lived and dealt with this monster for so many years, you are in for some bumpy times ahead. I wish you all well and the best of luck. You will need it.

This is very interesting
I am on the email chain for landfill neighbors and other interested parties.

This morning there was an interesting post from Bill Woodbury, at whose home there was a Jerome meter - a meter used to measure levels of hydrogen sulfide in the air. I believe it's the only one off the landfill property.

ha ha ... this is the meter that he said read one thing over the weekend, and New Ventures said read zero shortly thereafter.

Now it seems that someone enclosed the meter in a box that had to be unlocked before the meter can be read.

Woodbury reports that he asked the person who came out to his house last night to take a reading to remove the meter.

"We are done doing business as usual for now," Woodbury writes this morning.

In an email from yesterday, Ward 5 City Councillor Brian Derrivan wrote:

The DEP has told me that the odors that filled the neighborhood over the weekend were mainly the flare and the media that was change yesterday. The meter readings that NV has taken have matched the meter readings of the DEP meter. The other issues are breakouts that have been occurring for the past few weeks because of all the rain. I’m not sending these updates trying to defend NV but simple stating what’s going on at the landfill. As for overactive imaginations I spent Sunday afternoon in the Woodbury’s back yard and smelled the H2S coming in waves as Woody and I sat on his back deck.

Mayor Moak told me for a story the other day that DEP was out there earlier this week with their own meters.

If this doesn't stink of a coverup, I don't know what does.

Ian
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2