Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 City Hall
 9/11 Fountain
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  9:01:42 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The mayor needs to rethink his plan immediately. I know that the Trentini family is not in favor of this, and also said this is not what their parents would have wanted. They have not even been contacted by anyone...... to see if this is something their parents would have liked. They were educators, and would not have wanted their names plastered on some big fountain. I am so disappointed with the Aldermen too with their lack of questions. I realize it was the mayor that said if they did not approve the revolving account, he would just put it in Beautification, but lets get real here.

This is the most disgusting politics ever. They don't care one bit about honoring the Trentinis, just themselves and the DeMaria name.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  9:45:47 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails.

I'm not sure what, if anything, that the City Council could possibly do to stop this from happening.
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2011 :  12:55:57 AM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing. The mayor's words were they will build in anyways, This is uncalled for as like stated, the Trentini family knew nothing about this until I contacted them.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2011 :  08:51:25 AM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
911 memorial/Trentini Memorial was thrown out after word got out about a plan for a fountain. Not originally planned to honor any event (911) or person (Trentinis), but just something the Mayor wanted to do. This is another example of CYA by him and another example of how he has no respect for anyone. This should not be built--donations or not.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2011 :  09:29:42 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the mayor's name shows up anywhere on this fountain, that will be truly disgusting.

I agree with cozulady. I had been hearing about this fountain/waterfall long before it was ever intended for a 9/11-Trentini memorial.

IMHO,it's all about his over sized ego. Drive around the city and see the signs wherever streets are being done. The mayor takes all the credit for them. I'm sorry, it's taxpayers money paying for them. It just irks me to see his name attached to everything.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  3:42:25 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

If the mayor's name shows up anywhere on this fountain, that will be truly disgusting.

I agree with cozulady. I had been hearing about this fountain/waterfall long before it was ever intended for a 9/11-Trentini memorial.

IMHO,it's all about his over sized ego. Drive around the city and see the signs wherever streets are being done. The mayor takes all the credit for them. I'm sorry, it's taxpayers money paying for them. It just irks me to see his name attached to everything.

If I had a "like" button, I'd like your post. I agree with all of it.

Just wait until you see all the politicizing going on tonight and all the one sided views. Truly disgusting!
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  7:44:12 PM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THE C.C. ALL SUC------ KISS THE MAYORS A---, AND GO IN REALLY DEEP---- STACY WHERE IS YOUR NANNY TONITE, TAXPAYERS NO MONEY OK WE WILL SEE LOCATED THE CUBAN GUY GOOD ONE MAYOR, AND WHO DID YOU TALK TO IN THE TRENTIN FAMILY I BELIEVE IT WAS THE NEICE AND NOT THE FAMILY
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  11:46:59 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All I can say about the discussion on the fountain is OMG!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  10:06:15 AM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is to let all the c.c. know Rosa had a meeting with her friends before the actual meeting.

Rosa don't read blogs some things might be right out here.
Go to Top of Page

snoopy1

64 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  11:49:59 AM  Show Profile Send snoopy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having a meeting before the actual "meeting" does not surprise me at all. Seems like no one on the common council has any regard for paramilitary procedure anymore. If Mayor DeMaria just let Councilor Napolitano speak, I do not think it would have been such chaos. That was all planned out prior to the meeting, to lash out at Councilor Napolitano, and turn it all around on him. There was no reason for any of it and it was Mayor DeMaria that started it and played politics. He gets mad at anyone who does not agree with him. What should have happened was Councilor Napolitano asks a question and Mayor DeMaria answers it. That should have been it.

For the record, I'm someone that does not think this fountain is a proper 9/11 memorial. There are a lot of unanswered questions and personally, I don't like having this liability or the location. But, Mayor DeMaria is going to do it anyway, regardless of people's concerns. This just shows how uncooperative this administration can be.
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  11:58:28 AM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so when we get a new Mayor we will have him take it down or any Mayor
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  1:16:08 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rosa was not honest about her keep america beautiful campaign. There were many things she brought up for face time with the mayor and anything like that would have gone to Marzie Galaska. That's were it would have died.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  1:45:23 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh boy, I haven't seen this meeting yet and can already tell it's going to make me sick.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  09:35:53 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First and foremost, Tony Raneiri must GO. There was no justification for implementing a 5 minute rule strictly on Peter and let the mayor go on and on and cross debate. Ranieri is nothing but a minion wind up doll. I believe the ruling was incorrect. I cant believe an issue this important and Raneiri went ahead and had the gall to do that! He's totally gross, and more gross than the minions that put him to it.

I noticed the mayor started getting upset when asked where the rest of the money was. There was no reason to get nasty the way he did. HE was the one that stated he HAD 110K already........so I would have asked the same question. The other time he was getting upset when asked about maintenance. WHY get upset?? As for the "taxpayer" dollar fiasco....they are wrong. Of course tax payer dollars will be used. Maybe not to build it, but for maintenance down the road. We do not know "who" is going to maintain it, and if it's city services.........well............that's TAX PAYER DOLLARS and job security for Rosa DiFlorio's husband! She's another one that I have become totally disgusted in. Her morals have gone down the toilet. She can blame blogs all she wants...she get's upset because it's the TRUTH.

I am also shocked at the DeMaria's standing up there like two dumb peas in a pod never taking safety into consideration. That just proved more that they just want to rush this through because of an election year with no thought. The mayor also used that time to BOAST about his wife.....which was the most sickening of all. How dare he disrespect all the past first ladies like that! Stacey will NEVER live up to ALL the past first lady's work ethics! They all WORKED for a living! It's nice when you don't work, have a nanny and a maid and can spend all day to be a trophy wife. Shame on both of them!

How about the people that passed away at the Cuban Filipino memorial? They don't mean anything??? That memorial just tossed down the line like garbage......because it's not NAME RECOGNITION for the mayor?? This administration has no respect for this memorial and has made it all about boasting rights.

This fountain is going in the wrong area, it's too crowded...it's going to back up traffic on Broadway. It's irresponsible and if the name DeMaria is on it at all, I'm gonna put bread there every day for the birds to sh*t on his name. I'm angry and this make me sick.
Go to Top of Page

thiscitystinks

12 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  2:51:02 PM  Show Profile Send thiscitystinks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THIS BIRD BATH IS COMING TO EVERETT SQUARE, I HEARD IT WAS THIS COMING YEAR, AND DID YOU ALL SEE THE BLACK AND PINK NEON SIGN ON THE OLD MAYORS HEADQUARTERS I FEEL LIKE I AM IN BOSTON NOW. WHAT AN EYE SORE NOTHING BUT JUNK IN THE WINDOWS. I JUST DON'T GET IT.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2