Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 City Hall
 9/11 Fountain
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  3:14:42 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thiscitystinks

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THIS BIRD BATH IS COMING TO EVERETT SQUARE, I HEARD IT WAS THIS COMING YEAR, AND DID YOU ALL SEE THE BLACK AND PINK NEON SIGN ON THE OLD MAYORS HEADQUARTERS I FEEL LIKE I AM IN BOSTON NOW. WHAT AN EYE SORE NOTHING BUT JUNK IN THE WINDOWS. I JUST DON'T GET IT.

I hear ground breaking in March but who knows. The whole city looks like an eyesore with the junk stores and 6 family houses going up.
Go to Top of Page

card

117 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  6:17:10 PM  Show Profile Send card a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mayor Carlo DeMaria
about an hour ago
An Update on the 9/11 Memorial...

The 9/11 Memorial site location is planned for Everett Square, adjacent to the grounds of the Parlin Library. Ground breaking is planned for mid April, and is to be completed for dedication in the fall.

The Memorial Walkway will be a beautiful compliment to this tribute. A path created from paver bricks are to be inlaid and inscribed with names and personal se...ntiments of contributors.

Become a part of Everett's history by donating to this great cause. By donating $100 to the Memorial, you can have your message, along with your name, engraved on a brick that will grace the walkway for years to come.

The deadline is April 20th. If you would like to donate or receive more information, please contact the Mayors Office at 617-394-2270. All donations to this great cause are very much appreciated.See More
Go to Top of Page

sweetdeal2007

29 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  11:46:35 AM  Show Profile Send sweetdeal2007 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see all the Marchese trucks at the Parlin Library for the new water fountain.
Go to Top of Page

kittycat

66 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  1:56:04 PM  Show Profile Send kittycat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When is that mess is going to be cleaned up at the library. People cant even walk there, dust flies everywhere. Who paid to rip up all that grass anyway.

I hear the fountain is on it's way on a slow boat from the motherland "Italia"
Go to Top of Page

kittycat

66 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  11:19:12 AM  Show Profile Send kittycat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I drove by this morning I saw that the marble slabs were sitting there wonder if the ship came in from Italy? Wonder who is going to put this bird bath together? I can guess can you?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  10:23:52 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could you mean a common councilor's spouse?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2012 :  9:17:18 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

Could you mean a common councilor's spouse?

If that's true, that's a huge conflict of interest. Carlo has enough problems (not that he cares, which will soon be our problems) but you can add this to the list. Working for the city and working out of your backyard without a permit.....these people have a lot of class.....NOT.

They can sit at this waterfall all day with the new Mosque up the street and reflect. I'm sure that will go over real well. Then.....they can all go across the street and buy a pair of cleats. That is the mentality that we are dealing with today.
Go to Top of Page

kittycat

66 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2012 :  9:05:27 PM  Show Profile Send kittycat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I couldn't believe it with my own eyes, Musliums going into the old high school, what has he done to our city, I feel so bad for the people on maple st Front doors wide open and a portable a/c on the corner of linden and maple st they must be using the field house
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2012 :  11:46:06 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just drove by the old high school, 11:30 PM, the front doors wide open and people coming out. What the heck is going on up there? I think it's time this kind of stuff goes to a vote of the residents of Everett. I really have a problem in the direction this city is taking.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2012 :  12:03:53 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It’s a Mosque. There’s A LOT of problems with the Mosque. First of all, the CRAZY hours that were allowed by the city is absurd. And, that’s the kind of bull-**** that has to stop. People really have to start using their brains. I’m sorry but it’s a kick in the teeth to the 9-11 memorial and VERY insensitive. Not to mention the fact the neighbors were never informed of this.

I don’t think it would be too much of a big deal if they had services at decent hours.

I also drove by the old high school yesterday on a Sunday MORNING and police were in the front, back and the side of the high school. Trouble has already begun.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2012 :  1:02:11 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder how many votes does he think he'll get from that group...........
Go to Top of Page

charm

264 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2012 :  06:40:28 AM  Show Profile Send charm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me why Gilly Dell Isolo is working at the bird bath?? Everyone has to cushion their pockets I guess off a project that us taxpayers will be stuck with. Wonder if the ship brought it in from Italy yet? Oh and now GTA is doing the work, Can we say Brazilian Bird Bath
Go to Top of Page

card

117 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  09:03:49 AM  Show Profile Send card a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The bird bath will be uncovered on Tues Sept 11 at 6 p.m. Make sure you take a bar of soap with you all
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  3:35:52 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by card

the bird bath will be uncovered on tues sept 11 at 6 p.m make sure you take a bar of soap with you all

Ivory.......... It floats!
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  3:55:12 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True, it's a tiny little bird bath.

What a shame to capitalize this tragedy during the last election, and what a disaster getting this monument here from ITALY. The tragedy happend on AMERICAN SOIL and the administration has the memorial shipped from another country and spend THOUSANDS of donated money just to get it here? It's a disgrace.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2