Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Administration
 Forum Announcements
 Still good people left in Everett
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Joey

39 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  09:33:53 AM  Show Profile Send Joey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On Thursday night at Florence st. park a husband and wife (he works for the M.B.T.A and she is a letter carrier)who live across from the park were walking there dog when they saw a twenty year old girl laying on the ground with her boyfriend who was trying to give her CPR because she had just overdosed,they ran over and moved the boy aside (who was in no condition him self to help his friend)and with there training in CPR they were able to resuscitate her as the EMT arrived at the park. This couple have had allot of issue's in there neighborhood, cars parked illegally, trash in front of there house left by parents watching there kids playing ball,neighbors partying till 3AM.,just the day before someone trashed the inside of there car.These people are no different then you or I, same issues same problems. One big difference they just saved a strangers life! And they dissevered to be commended.

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  10:56:00 AM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These people absolutely deserve to be commended...but not just by the council or board, who would give a citation for a hiccup. Honors get watered down when they're overused for political gain. Perhaps the Chief could arrange something for them?
Go to Top of Page

bbpolitical
Forum Admin

265 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  12:48:49 AM  Show Profile Send bbpolitical a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's amazing. People like that are the reason I want to stay. Many people in Everett are kind and generous and I still beleive it is a good place to live.

quote:
Originally posted by Joey

On Thursday night at Florence st. park a husband and wife (he works for the M.B.T.A and she is a letter carrier)who live across from the park were walking there dog when they saw a twenty year old girl laying on the ground with her boyfriend who was trying to give her CPR because she had just overdosed,they ran over and moved the boy aside (who was in no condition him self to help his friend)and with there training in CPR they were able to resuscitate her as the EMT arrived at the park. This couple have had allot of issue's in there neighborhood, cars parked illegally, trash in front of there house left by parents watching there kids playing ball,neighbors partying till 3AM.,just the day before someone trashed the inside of there car.These people are no different then you or I, same issues same problems. One big difference they just saved a strangers life! And they dissevered to be commended.

I am an average resident of Everett who would like to see more communication about anything and everything to do with Everett
Go to Top of Page

richie

139 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  2:50:42 PM  Show Profile Send richie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice people are only few and in between. Don't get your hopes up Michael this is still Brazil... As far as the chief doing something for those good people I wouldn't hold my breath, this should of been front page news in one of our local papers. Let's see who reads this and makes it front page news for this week
Go to Top of Page

nellie

10 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  8:54:21 PM  Show Profile Send nellie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This should be front page news. There are good people Everett. I'm proud to be from here.
Go to Top of Page

Joey

39 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  12:27:46 PM  Show Profile Send Joey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It happened again yesterday over by Glendale park,those councilors did what ever it took to get our children out of harms way! There are still many good people left in our city! But I doubt that the newspapers will print this story either. Unless we can put a political spin on it!
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  3:49:09 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I am glad that the counselors got the kids out of there you are missing the point. These kids witnessed a criminal who had just shot a man in the chest, run right by all these day camp kids in Glendale park , while being chased by the rival gang. And your saying kudos to the counselors??? Those kids were not out of harms way, they were right in the middle of it. I am not blaming the counselors, I am blaming the criminals. Are we so desensitized that we do not see the real problem??? Any one of those little kids could have been shot , taken hostage, and god knows what else. There was not one safe person in that area. This city is going downhill at a fast rate of speed. It will not get better until we decide to do something about it and so far it seems everyone is blind to the problem. Do you know this gang member who was shot lives right across the street from Glendale with about 20 other gang members??? They are here and the trouble will not end until we do SOMETHING besides talking about what good came out of an attempted murder..

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  4:26:00 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's not the only point, Sally. Of course no one is trying to diminish the trauma these kids suffered. As I said in a post yesterday, my kid was one of them. You think I'm not pissed? You bet your life I am. And then our illustrious mayor gets on television and says "well, the police knew this was going to happen. They just didn't know when." Yeah . . . that's the kind of bloody leadership I'm looking for.

Of course this problem needs to be addressed. You know what . . . let's organize a march up to the Mayor's office and insist that he meet with us and tell us what he's going to do about this recent incident and the other shootings that have taken place this year. Let's insist that he have a community meeting. Let's insist that the police have a community meeting. Is anyone willing to do that? I called City Hall today to try to speak to the Mayor . . . but the Palace Guards are in place, and no one will see the Wizard today, not no way, not no how.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  4:54:42 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am willing to march up to city hall. If there was a way to get the word out I am sure every parent in this city would be willing to go. Maybe we should put an ad in the paper. Call the police Department they may be more willing to meet with us.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  5:43:12 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is the status of the crime group that meets on Tuesday night? When do they meet. That might be the place to start.
Go to Top of Page

Joanne Graziosi

3 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  7:13:21 PM  Show Profile Send Joanne Graziosi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is in response to the person who wrote today stating that they tried to call the Mayor's Office for a meeting or phone call from Mayor Hanlon today but tha the "Guards" were out and would not let them through. I want you to know that I make ALL Mayor Hanlon's appointments and deliver to him most of his messages and NO ONE has called there since the incident occurred yesterday to either speak to the Mayor or set up an appointment. I know there are those that would say or do anything to malign Mayor Hanlon's administration, but we keep records of everyone who calls and I am witness that this did not happen. Also if interested, the Crime Prevention meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month. This month though there is a special event happening on this Tuesday beginning @ 4PM between the Rec Center and the Police Station. Come down for BBQ, and meet the members of the Crime Prevention. Det. Sgt. Larry Jedrey heads up the meetings and if you would like more information please feel free to email: everettcrimeprevention@yahoo.com.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  7:33:15 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Joanne, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the phone call thing. No sense in both of us calling each other liars.

Thank you for the information on the Crime Prevention group. Can you tell me, though -- and I'm not saying this sarcastically -- what the purpose of the group is? Have there been discussions and action plans developed for dealing with what has now become glaringly apparent is a growing gang problem in the city?

Thank you again for the information.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  8:23:59 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I guess I know several liars. I have heard from several people that they are always told they cannot get in touch with Mayor Hanlon. I do not think this is anything new.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Joey

39 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  09:56:05 AM  Show Profile Send Joey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you are all missing my point, there are good people out there who are willing to get involved, the police can't be every where, crime isn't just in Everett it's every where! We have to get involved, for years our neighbors have said (see that house I know there dealing drugs there, see that house there all illegals living there,that house gang members live there, that house he beats his wife and kids) so on and so on!Instead of talking about it do something, really get involved! Don't put the blame on the police for not knowing what is going on in your neighborhood unless you tell them or give them facts of whats going on and only then can you say that there not doing there job, and if they don't do there job don't give up go to there superiors, and if that don't work go to the ballot boxes(only 10,000 people voted last election out of over 35,000 registered voters!)So put the blame where it really belongs on all us people that wait for other people to get involved!We have to take back our neighborhood and streets there are more of us than police, gangs and politicians, allot more!
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  2:45:57 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I totally agree. I never blamed the police, I think they do all that they can. It is up to the citizens to take a stand. But saying "it is everywhere" really bothers me. That seems like a cop out. I do not think shootings should be a normal part of our lives.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Eyeontheball

52 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  6:42:53 PM  Show Profile Send Eyeontheball a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shootings are not everywhere. They're not. It's this area that is experiencing a dramatic surge in crime, particularly with guns. One cop told me that "they wish they knew where the guns were coming from."

As for the police- I will blame them when they don't come when they're called. It's been a chronic problem, with the police blaming 911 and 911 blaming Julie Schurko (who's not in charge any more) and everybody else. what happens is that people get tired of calling and then give up.

'
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2