Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 News Articles
 Taxes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bbpolitical
Forum Admin

265 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  2:10:38 PM  Show Profile Send bbpolitical a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

My kids didn't move out west but they moved to other New England states. Their tax rate maybe higher but their assessments are much lower. So, their tax bills are much less, as well as their mortgage payments and property insurance as well as car insurance and water and sewer. This is why we are losing our young people, they just can't afford housing here any longer.

Absolutely, but how can those who are older afford it? Because homes are paid off?

I am an average resident of Everett who would like to see more communication about anything and everything to do with Everett
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  2:56:21 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am sure that is part of it, and they probably go without to stay in their lifelong home. I still have a mortgage and I know we had to change our spending habits to try to keep up and some months we don't quite make it. I am sure there are many of us out there that are in the same boat. These are very trying times.

Edited by - massdee on 12/30/2006 2:57:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  4:43:12 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading about the tax increase still didn't fully prepare me for the bill I just opened! I hope that SOB has diarrhea for a month..............
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  4:38:21 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry.

Mayor Hanlon will find some way to blame David Ragucci for the tax increase.

I'm sure of it.

When will Hanlon accept responsibility for his own actions?

Emile Schoeffhausen
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  10:07:01 AM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just looking back at Michael's comment about only a small majority (56%) of property owners benefitting from the owner occupied exemption and Hanlon's insistence that too much of a burden was being passed on to a small number of taxpayers. I wonder, from a politically savvy standpoint, if the Mayor and his minions considered the scenario that 56% of the people voting for someone else means that his tenure as mayor was essentially over as soon as those tax bills hit our mailboxes.

Just a thought.
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  3:54:06 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's basically what happened to Ragucci. He just didn't realize it at the time.

Good call, Citizen

Emile Schoeffhausen
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  10:21:35 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just released today.......

Everett in the paper again ....

For all the wrong reasons.....

again......

Read the second paragraph carefully.....

You must be logged in to see this link.

Emile Schoeffhausen
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  10:24:25 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Painful, isn't it, Emile? I hope the Pup doesn't have to cut back on the Puppy Chow to make up the difference!
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  10:34:06 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is actually making me angry!

I am disgusted by the pathetic antics of the puppet in the corner office and the impact on so many good families in Everett who do not deserve this.

The sad part is that many voted for John Hanlon in good faith because they hated David Ragucci.

Not sure why....

The Hanlon crowd always have good reasons....

But the Pup and I haven't heard from them recently....

Strange, isn't it?

Emile Schoeffhausen
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  10:40:01 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is maddening.

The Hanlon Defense Ministry is busy shredding people on the other blogs, calling them liars for speaking the truth. It's all they have. All they had when they ran was hatred, and it's still all they have. Hanlon is a disgrace of a Mayor. His Merry Minions are running the asylum, shipping him off to conferences and seminars when the kitchen gets too hot.

This is what happens when people allow themselves to be consumed with hate . . . they burn out and have no substance once the smoke clears.
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  11:07:30 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Willy Wonka: But Charlie, don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted.

Charlie Bucket: What happened?

Willy Wonka: He was elected Mayor of Everett and lived happily ever after.

Charlie Bucket: What happened to the people in the City?

Willy Wonka: They disliked him for what he had become and how he lied to the people in the City. You must understand Charlie, that the Happy Mayor had no idea what was going on in reality. His mind lived in a far off happy place.

Charlie Bucket: What was that place called?

Willy Wonka: Vermont.

Charlie Bucket: What a sad, sad story.

The Pup is in tears....

Emile Schoeffhausen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page