Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 News Articles
 Anna Nicole Smith
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  09:25:42 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why is this news bothering me? I honestly don't know. It is a shame when anyone dies but, for some reason this is really bothering me. Is it because she is a new Mom? Because she lost her son tragically? I honestly don't know.

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  09:33:41 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lynda, it is strange because I never really had an opinion on her one way or another, but I think that it is such a waste that you end up feeling bad . That poor baby, what is in store for her? I hope Anna Nicole's estate goes after the inheritance from the old geezer so that baby will be all set for life. What an awful way for that baby to begin her life.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  10:14:27 AM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is very sad, and it's always sad for a child to lose a mother . . . but when this gets more coverage than young Miss Harris from Swampscott who was killed in Iraq on Wednesday . . . only a week away from coming home . . . I find that troubling. I know I sound snooty, but that's how I feel.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  10:17:16 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So true, Citizen. It just tells you something about todays world.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  11:57:47 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your absolutely right Citizen. I feel for that poor family in Swampscott. The only difference is that I know why I feel as I do for them but, don't understand why I felt the way I did when I learned of Anna Nicole Smiths death. Must be because I too am a Mom.
I do pray for the family and friends in Swampscott.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  12:22:10 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, but what more can they say about the woman from Swampscott? I would not want my childs name all over the news if they were killed in combat. I am not a celebrity and neither are my kids. It would be a private family matter. Anna Nicole was a celebrity. Her whole life was on the news. I have to say I was shocked to hear of her death. I feel so sorry for that baby, and I hope she is given to the father immediately whoever he may be. The Grandmother has no place in that childs life. I am sure they will run to scoop her up until the paternity is discovered. They think she is their ticket to millions.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  12:23:55 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard on the news last night, that they are going to be doing a paternity test today.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  12:24:09 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope you are wrong Sally. That poor innocent child.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  12:38:24 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand that Anna Nicole Smith is a celebrity, Sally, but . . . with all due respect, may she rest in peace . . . she's hardly a role model for young women. I'm not saying that young Ms. Harris' life should be plastered all over the media. I'm saying that her death . . . and the death of over 3,000 other soldiers in Iraq . . . deserves at least a fraction of the attention that this "news story" has gotten. In the big picture of things, the choices that ANS made in her life have no affect on the rest of us; the choice that Harris and many others made to join the military and put their lives on the line has a great inpact on our lives and the security of our country.

Sorry to sound preachy, and again, Smith's death is certainly sad; hopefully someone will care for her daughter and give her a happier, healthier life than her mother had.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  12:53:35 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The judge just ruled against a DNA test at this time. He is not sure he has jurisdiction. They are waiting for a news conference any time now from the coroners office.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  1:16:08 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i feel guilty posting that last post. It's just that I have Fox Cable News playing in the background and that is all they are talking about. So, I thought I would just update everyone.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  1:43:07 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree CitizenKane, Anna was no role model. I just meant that I can see why she is all ove rthe news. Her name sells papers, and magazines. There shoul dbe more attention paid to the deceased soldiers, I just do not think it needs to involve the media.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  2:04:03 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And maybe that brings us back to Lynda's original question . . . why are we such a celebrity obsessed society? I mean . . . and this is no exaggeration . . . the first 20 MINUTES of the Today Show today was spent talking about ANS, how she died, when she died, why she died, who was with her, who benefits. 20 minutes before they got to the news, and then the first story on the news was about the excessive snow fall in New York. The latest casualty update was the THIRD story on that show this morning, and it was a brief update -- no more than 30 seconds -- on the casualties in Iraq yesterday. That says quite a lot, I think, and none of it good, about what holds our attention. We have a "train wreck" mentality when it comes to this celebrity stuff -- you don't want to watch, but you can't help yourself.

Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  2:21:07 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Usually the network news doesn't cover the war very well, anyway. They are all so anti-war, they seem only to do stories that put our soldiers in a bad light, Abu Graub (spelling) for example. You never stopped hearing about that, and it still comes up off and on. As an Aunt of an American soldier, who has done two tours in Iraq and he has re-upped and will probably see a third tour, I get disgusted with the way the war is covered. It does not mater if you agree with the war or not, these men and women are our best of the best and should all receive our upmost respect.
Now I will get off my soap box. It is something I am very passionate about.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  3:26:45 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You go massdee.
You are right on the money with that one. They were not drafted this is their choice to serve and protect all of us. They deserve so MUCH MORE than just our Respect whether like you said, we agree or disagree with the war.
Stay on your soap box you have something to say and to be heard.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  4:37:35 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Lynda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2