Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 News Articles
 Anna Nicole Smith
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  10:40:26 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well said, massdee . . . definitely stay on your soap box on this one. I, too, have a relative who has recently signed up, and while he has not yet been deployed, odds are that he will be soon. While we're apprehensive, we're proud of him for the difficult decision that he made. No young man or woman who joins the military now can doubt the odds of being sent overseas . . . they're very brave for making that decision, and we all owe them our thanks and respect.

Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  6:00:14 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You cannot imagine the worry that these families go through. Their fears are never far from their minds. My sister-in-law would not leave her house in case a call came through either from her son or worse. The stress almost ruined her marriage and that was only the first time he went over. When he was sent for a second time, the worry was worse, we were blessed he came home both times unharmed. Now he has re-upped and we figure it's just a mater of time before he is on his way back to Iraq, for his third tour. I think of that family in Swampscot and my heart aches for them. My sister-in-law tries to attend all the funeral services for our young people that have perished, that are from the North of Boston area. She would do the entire state if it was possible. She just sits quietly in the rear and I am sure no one knows she is there. Seeing all this first hand is part of the reason I get so upset when I hear all the talk that is not flattering to our troops. Shame on the politicians that have made the war into a political issue. They have no idea how they hurt the morale of our young men and women. Sorry, I got back on my soap box.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  6:54:03 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
massdee. I told you stay on that Soap Box! Don't get down EVER people need to hear all of this. God Bless your sister-in-law it must be hell.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  7:48:15 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She is only one of many and we have been the lucky ones. All you need to do is talk to a soldier and then you will understand why we are there and how much good they have done for that country. The good never makes the news. It doesn't sell. I just wish the media outlets would get off their high horses and realize the harm they do to the military and their families. Have mistakes been made, of course they have. Do we all want our troops home, of course we do. This country cannot afford to leave there until our work is finished. It will become a haven for terrorist, do we want another country in the middle east breeding these radicals? I think not. In the long run, when we win, our Country will be safer.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  9:15:13 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a family member who has done three tours in Iraq. I know how hard it is to worry every moment of every day. The ironic thing is after his last tour he came home and was almost killed in an accident. We thought the worry was over.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  9:36:01 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess the worry is always there, it's just a different kind of worry.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2