Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 News Articles
 BOSTON GLOBE
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  3:11:47 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he will massdee but also, maybe it is time he just retired and enjoyed life. I think he has earned it.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  3:34:34 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lynda,

I agree with you, Mr Keverian has certainly earned the right to retire, but, he should have the choice of when he wants to retire. He should have never been let go from his job the way Hanlon pulled that stunt after the election. It was down right demeaning to a well respected man.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  3:35:52 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My opinion is Carlo will not rethink Hanlon's decision. Mr. Keverian probably would not want to come back and I'm sure the Doctor's would not approve with his illness and all the stress of the accessors office. He could be a consultant in the future.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  4:09:06 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From the little bit of information contained in the article, it sounds like Mr. Keverian had a similar condition to what my younger brother had two summers ago. Once the doctors got the excess fluid out of him and got his heart back into a regular rhythmn, he was a able to make a full recovery. He was pretty much able to return to his normal lifestyle, although he has to be careful with his intake of both fluids and solids. He hasn't lost all of the weight that the doctors want him to but the pacemaker that they put into him hasn't had a single incident recorded on it in the 18 months that it has been implanted. The details of Mr. Keverian's situation may be different and his age may be a factor, but let's hope that his recovery is as successful.
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  10:14:50 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If Carlo does not make the offer to George, then the City of Everett will not be in the good graces of the present speaker of the house. That was made quite clear to Carlo during his meeting with Speaker DeMasi.

George may decline Carlo's offer, but that should be George's decision.

The Pup and Emile Schoeffhausen

donice

54 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  09:57:06 AM  Show Profile Send donice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope Mr Keverian makes a full recovery and is able to get back to work in some capacity at city hall if he wants to. The way former mayor Hanlon handled the situation was disgraceful.

I have a question for Emile. If you could be so kind as to give a straight answer, if not that's your perogative.

How do you know what Speaker DiMasi has to say about this matter ? You keep refering to a meeting between the Mayor and the Speaker where this opinion was expressed. Were you at that meeting. If not did the Speaker tell you himself or are you just a parrot repeating hearsay ?
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  11:33:56 AM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Carlo was at the State House with Stat Smith. He was introducing him to people and Mr. Di Masi made a comment to Carlo about doing something about Keverian being fired. And he also questioned whether Carlo had a hand in it. This was all before Carlo was sworn in by the way. I think Di Masi was out of line.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

donice

54 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  1:12:38 PM  Show Profile Send donice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sally. I agree with you that if what you say is an accurate representation of what Speaker DiMasi said, that would be out of line. But I ask you the same question I asked Emile.

Were you there or did the Speaker tell you himself ? Or are you just repeating hearsay.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  4:20:28 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Donice, it was quoted in the paper I believe. I am not positive of that, but I recall reading it somewhere.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  6:19:14 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recall reading it in the paper. Massdee or Court put the link in on another thread. I do not recall the specific topic.

The Pup and Emile Schoeffhausen

michael

195 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  06:44:50 AM  Show Profile Send michael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Footprints in snow lead to rape suspect, arrest
By Andrew Ryan, Globe Staff | February 9, 2008

A man accused of raping a woman at knife-point early yesterday in Chelsea was arrested after police said they followed his snowy footsteps from the scene of the alleged attack.

Police were searching for a suspect in a reported sexual assault at 3:30 a.m. on Cherry Street when officers noticed fresh footprints in otherwise undisturbed snow, according to the Suffolk district attorney's office. Officers tracked the footprints into an alley, where they arrested Juan Amaro, 25, who was wearing beige pants that police said were similar to those described by the victim.

The footprints led police "to where he was hiding and helped locate a critical piece of evidence, the knife believed used in the attack," said Police Chief Brian Kyes. "We were able to corroborate the victim's story."

The 46-year-old Everett woman told investigators that she had been walking to Bellingham Square when a man wearing beige pants and a gray-hooded sweatshirt followed her. On Heard Street, the man pulled a kitchen knife, forced her underneath a railroad bridge, and said, "I also have a gun," the woman told police.

Police said the man raped the woman and choked her when she tried to scream for help. When he was finished, the man told the victim not to get up because, according to prosecutors, he said, "I have people watching you."

The woman called police, who rushed to the scene and followed the footprints into the alley.

Prosecutors said that as Amaro was taken into custody, he told police, "I did it."

The victim identified Amaro as her attacker. Police located a gray hooded sweatshirt near where Amaro had been found in the alley.

Officers said they followed his footprints to a telephone pole, where they recovered a black-handled kitchen knife wedged into a crack.

Amaro was held on $50,000 cash bail after he was arraigned in Chelsea District Court on charges of rape, kidnapping, assault with a dangerous weapon, and intimidation of a witness.

© Copyright 2008 The New York Times Company

Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  2:16:42 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Emile,

I was checking back and can't seem to find the link for the Carlo and Di Masi article.. I started to research some articles and came across something written by John McDonough. For those of you who don't know much about the former Speaker, it's a great read.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

SolidSnake

70 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  09:27:47 AM  Show Profile Send SolidSnake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shouldn't we be more concerned with the Speaker's health at a time like this vs. politics and what DiMasi thinks ?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  09:51:22 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think everyone is concerned for Mr. Keverian's health but I believe the article was asked for. I'm not happy how that went down for him but it's time to move on with all the best wishes to him. He has been having health problems for quite some time now. I think I skimmed through that article before and DiMasi had no right to put Mayor DeMaria in that kind of spot before he was even sworn in. This is Everett's business, not the state house.
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  10:11:00 AM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't quite agree with you. We have had a city employee, a former Speaker of the House, treated abominably. Does the new administration make it right, or allow an injustice to continue? It may be "Everett's business" - but it gave Everett another black eye by treating disrespectfully someone who was widely revered in this state by both local and state officials. As for Speaker DiMasi, perhaps he subscribes to the old tradition that "that evils exists as long as one good man stays silent."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2