Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 City Hall
 Carlo DeMaria Unveiled
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

clean it up

7 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  10:11:34 AM  Show Profile Send clean it up a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is interesting to me is that the three local newspapers hardly ever report any of the major problems in the city. The Mayor's local newspaper coverage seems to be limited to the good photo ops or the vanilla flavored news. I don't know why this is so since the three newspapers have a history of aggressively reporting on the mayor's behavior and decisions
Go to Top of Page

johnfounder

43 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  7:30:25 PM  Show Profile Send johnfounder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The local papers are making a lot of money on legal notices and ads and they don't want to bit the hand that feeds them. Maybe as it gets closer to next November and more candidates are coming out to run for Mayor they may take the plunge. If the Mayor continues on his current course he may as well put on his donut uniform and get greasing the pans instead of greasing his buddies palms.
Go to Top of Page

Head

111 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  10:07:28 AM  Show Profile Send Head a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You people realy need a LIFE. Lay off the Mayor he is doing a great job! johnfounder definately didn't get his own way about something that he wanted so he is lashing out it appears the only way he knows how, behind a screen. Grow up!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  10:37:37 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and you should stay in the rec center until you take your blinders off.
Go to Top of Page

johnfounder

43 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  1:36:00 PM  Show Profile Send johnfounder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Head, You should really get a clue. I never would ask the Mayor for a favor and never have. He is a hack the is using his buddies to help him run the City. From Curtatone in Somerville to GTA they all have their hands in the cookie jar and time will show and history will show that DeMaria couldn't run the City on his own, he has trouble enough running a donut shop.

When the State goes in and does their audit and investigates several issues they already have with the way the Mayor is doing business he may end up in some trouble himself. The state labor boards are also looking into the Mayor using favors to gets his brother a better job within the MWRA by passing union protocol. Carlo thinks he can do whatever he wants what he doen't realize is the he is being watched by several State and Federal Agencies.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  2:27:42 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can we call the FBI on Wood Waste? Clowno DeMaria stated that that the Preliminary Injunction against Wood Waste on route 16 was sparked by his administration....well....why hasn't he sparked a cease and desist order?? Mayor John Moak of Newburyport did, why cant Everett's mayor?

I think it's because he is lying, and I have no doubt more people have their hands in the cookie jar. He mentions his buddy, Curtatone, a little too much, and with his GTA buddies are getting rich on this city too.

I think he went to the AG ONLY to get permission for Wood Waste to re-locate which will be a huge financial saving for WOOD WASTE. He went to the AG "FOR" Thibeault, not to do something about the piles.

What's going on with the Old City Yards?? Looks like storage units to me. That's what all this hoopla about "Master Development" is about?? Give me a break.....How is THAT going to benefit the residents of Everett??
Go to Top of Page

comeon

2 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  3:33:59 PM  Show Profile Send comeon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnfounder

OK, While we all stuggle to make ends meet it's nice to know that our Mayor is living the life of riley on our tax dollars. Check out is house on Belmont Street.

You must be logged in to see this link.

He and his staff are robbing this City blind.

I wonder why his wifes name is on the Deed????

I cant believe that you would stoop that low to advertise his house! He was had built that before he was in office. Give me a break.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  3:46:26 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I certainly would not have advertised his house but in defense, that is public information.

Your upset about it and you went and posted it again.

It's already been stated three times that the point was, he is so much better off than 99% of the city and he's forgetting where he came from and he's robbing the city blind with his overpaid hires and letting his buddies stick their hands in the cookie jar.

Why is the bidding so secret and only one company gets all the bids! I took my blinders off by February!

Edited by - Tails on 10/20/2008 4:11:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

johnfounder

43 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  08:45:16 AM  Show Profile Send johnfounder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Comeon, You are a new user to the blog. You must be someone close to the Mayor, my comments are exactly because of the fact that he forgets where he came from. The information is public information from the City website. The Mayor needs to come down from his thrown and stop sticking it to the people that got him where he is today.
Go to Top of Page

comeon

2 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  09:39:40 AM  Show Profile Send comeon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Forgets where he came from? He has worked his whole life. Its funny how people critize him on how well he has done for himself and for what he has. It looks like jealousy to me. How can it not? I understand its all public information but come on. Johnfounder, you must have been one that did not get anything in return for helping with the campaign. I understand. Why dont you guys focus on the city and not what Carlo has. You're just wasting you time.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  09:40:43 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back to the salaries, I agree the mayor can pretty much do what he wants with his staff. My problem is, Mayor DeMaria justified Erin Deveney's salary by stating she would be his Chief of Staff/City Solicitor. Obviously, the State Ethic's board, ruled against this consolidation. Why wasn't Erin Deveny's salary adjusted to reflect she is only the mayor's Chief of Staff?

Another question I have, what was the reason the Budget Director, Clayton Carlisle, was let go? I was away when this happened and have no idea what happened.
Go to Top of Page

johnfounder

43 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  9:32:54 PM  Show Profile Send johnfounder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Comeon, Jealousy has nothing to do with it. The Mayor has sold out family, friends, and employees that helped him get where he is today. The real laugh will be if he announces that he is running for re-election. I realize that a Mayor can do what he wants with his office, but the salaries he is paying for Erin, Jerry, Mystery Man Russo and the paid intern, Laidlaw, Naimo and the list goes on, these salaries are raping this City of money that should be spent on other things. Erin's salary was justified because she was going to be the Solicitor and Chief of Staff? She isn't both so why his her salary still so high. I tell you why because she is trying to make it appear the DeMaria knows what he is doing and it isn't working.
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  8:00:29 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You must be logged in to see this link.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Mirror, Mirror On The Wall
The lack of transparency in the DeMaria administration has left many question lingering in the air. In the spirit of the old children's game "20 questions" here are 20 questions we would like to ask the Mayor and get a straight answer once and for all. A public hearing is coming up on Woodwaste on 10/29 @ 7:00 p.m. in City Hall Council Chambers, so we offer some food for thought here. We invite the Mayor to post his answers here under this thread, as we are quite certain he reads this blog faithfully. So, what say you Mr. Mayah?

The questions we'd like to ask and have answered by Mayor DeMaria:

1. What really happened the led to the dismissal of Clayton Carlisle?

2. How much money and in kind donations did you receive from any persons or entities connected to William J. Thibeault, owner of Woodwaste?

3. Are you giving (or promising) city jobs to elected officials and family members in exchange for greater cooperation from our legislative bodies?

4. Would you be willing to publish the opinions of the state ethics commission regarding all your consolidation plans and hiring practices?

5. What ever happened to the Board of Fire Commissioners? Is it true that the board is part of the Firefighters grievance procedure and if so, doesn't that make the negotiated contract null and void whereas the city of Everett agreed to have the board of fire commissioners as part of the grievance process? How do the firefighters get due process if this is the case?

6. Is it true you are planning on asking for $2M to offset the property tax increase that will result, in part, from your over-inflated budget?

7. How will you justify these high salaries and other questionable expenditures to the property owners when you ask them to dig even deeper to pay for your patronage hires and Woodwaste support that in the end, will no doubt cost the taxpayer even more money in cleanup costs as Thibeault continues to violate law and after law?

8. Did Mr. Brandano refuse to put a DeMaria for Mayor sign in front of his house?

9. Was #8 (above) at all related to DCR (at your request) forcing Mr. Brandano from his voluntary upkeep of the area?

10. Now that some state funding has been cut from school programs who is going pay for the pothole repair machine you justified as a legitimate purchase using money targeted for the school children?

11. How do you look John Hanlon straight in the eye after way you have treated him and his supporters that so gracefully went to the voting booth on your behalf at John's request?

12. Why didn't you show up for any of the transition meetings that Mayor Hanlon arranged for your administration to make the transition easier?

13. What ever happened to "Gone are the days....."????

14. Do you still maintain that no grievances have been filed by either of the two police officers who were #1 and #2 on the list when you jumped them over to rehire an officer who left the job on his own volition and was reinstated against the Chief's objections?

15. If Ms. Deveney, your Chief of Staff resigns or is terminated, would you please post the position? I know many administrative assistants who would jump at the prospect of making $91,000 per year? Seriously, we know she is a lawyer, but you justified the hiring salary under the pretense she would also serve as City Solicitor? When the state knocked down that idea as a violation of state ethics, her salary never got knocked down... why???

16. You hired Jason Marcus' girlfriends son to serve as the Director of ECTV. Yet, all we see in work coming from Mr. Laidlaw has more to do with your public relations campaigns (press releases, public events) than it does with actual production work done under the PEG grant. When is Matt going to do actual ECTV work as required by the grant conditions?

17. Is it true that a suit has been filed against the planning board relative to their decision to discontinue fourth street? Wasn't Ruth granted easement for fourth street?

18. You guesstimated it would cost about $100,000 to buy Ruth's interest in the 4th Street property? Now that a suit has been filed, would you care to readjust that estimate to include the readjusted fair market value of the land and her attorney fees?

19. Why do I spend so much time watching a blank screen on ECTV or culling through any number of bounced emails that can't find their way through the city's "system" since Matt Laidlaw took over?

20. Would you be willing to swear that you, your friends and family, and/or campaign supporters will not realize any financial gain whatsoeever now or in the future should Woodwaste be allowed to develop the property on lower Broadway?

Bonus Question: Does your job as Mayor make it difficult to look in the mirror each morning?
Posted by Basil Patchis at 6:12 AM 0 comment
Go to Top of Page

johnfounder

43 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  9:13:19 PM  Show Profile Send johnfounder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a great list unforunately the Mayor doesn't have the *alls to come out and answer these questions. He likes to hide lately like on Monday's when the council is looking for him and he isn't there or they have to wait for him to arrive.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  9:39:12 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Johnfounder, I heard today that the mayor stormed into the leader herald screaming over their commentary last week. I thought it was fine. What a jerk.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2