Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 City Hall
 Carlo DeMaria Unveiled
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  10:14:39 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It sounds like there is a lot of yelling going on lately. Is there something bothering the mayor?

Some rumors that I have recently heard:

Pedulla and Vetrano have both been hired in the School Department by FFF.

Alderman Sachetta's grandson has been hired by City Services.

Peter Napolitano is waiting to hear if he gets the Assistant Treasure's position.

Navarro in the mayor's office is making $600.00 a week for a part time position.

Edited by - massdee on 10/27/2008 08:53:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  09:15:07 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also heard a son of a common council member was hired by GTA. Sounds like more job favors to me.

What happened to all these blowhard's that were there for the taxpayers? I am very disappointed in all these people. Especially the ones that were so vocal over Boston Sludge and rented buses to get people to Charlestown???? I know exactly who they were and they 'aint saying nothin" FOR US. Their constituents. People need to remember this at the voting booth.

This Wood Waste thing is happening in Everett. The bottom line is he is breaking the law, in Everett. He is hurting EVERETT residents and we have people on the common council that want to stand up and make excuses for him to make him look good, over a freaken rotary, like that is more important, especially after everything he has done and is continuing to do!
Go to Top of Page

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  09:37:46 AM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Massdee, I've heard the same. It seems like the Evil Oval Bandito has an extremely thin skin. He and his minions shell it out... plenty; however, they actually take issue if you hold them accountable for their actions. HELLO!!!!!!!!

Giving jobs for votes is the manner in which they are doing things; that's for sure, hence Marcus' girls son's position and the supposed placement of Alderman Nuzzo in Code Enforcement. A vote FOR Wood Waste takes you far with EOB. Selling your soul to the devil is profitable in this city and they are soooooooo obvious about it. Same for Alderman Sachetta I would presume. They HAVE hired 10+ individuals in City Services since July. They tried to do it by claiming they were "temp" positions; however, the union took them to task and they were made to give them all benefits and perks. Talk about living within their budget and eliminating jobs. HAAAAAAAAA that is the biggest lie there is. There has been more hiring in this administration than in prior ones. They just lie about it and we let them get away with it.

Thats what confuses me.....we allow decent people who have good intentions to get the crap kicked out of them because of rumors and inuendos; here we have 'in your face' facts and we hem and haw.

As it concerns the Asst. Treasurer's position; however, rumor has it that EOB will not be filling the position because too many elected officials want the position.

"Cruller DaHville"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  10:11:34 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As it concerns the Asst. Treasurer's position; however, rumor has it that EOB will not be filling the position because too many elected officials want the position.

I heard the SAME thing and I know. What about State Ethics Laws? How many times is this city going to have egg on it's face on breaking the law?? That goes for Nuzzo too! They just don't care, it's all about themselves. I hope Wood Waste moves right next door to these people. Then see what kind of help they get!
Go to Top of Page

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  10:52:44 AM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote

970 Posts
Posted - 10/27/2008 : 09:15:07 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also heard a son of a common council member was hired by GTA. Sounds like more job favors to me.

You got that ABSOLUTELY right Tails..... The infamous Councilor DeFlorio's son IS working, at a very handsome rate, for the City of Everett's extension division, GTA.

Interesting isn't it.... she's also a cousin to WoodWaste's attorney, Anthony Rossi (same as the EOB)..... all in the family.

She had ALOT to say in the past and bashed the heads of very good people. Rumor has it that she's looking for a job for hubby with EOB's buddy, Curtatone, and looking for a job herself.

"Cruller DaHville"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  11:23:02 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That breaks my heart that these people are all in this for the wrong reasons.

Oh, I remember all the bashing and retaliation. They did not sell the Devens School for the prior mayor for retaliation, but they rubber stamped this one, and seems as if it was not done right. It was rubber stamped without the consent of the residents in the area. Their needs were not first.

If ANYONE has a relative that is involved with Wood Waste, whether it be a cousin who is the attorney.....whatever....they should EXCUSE themselves from any vote. I know a lawyer that says so. So, if the City Solicitors "interpretation" is different, for any YES vote, I will argue otherwise.
Go to Top of Page

scroud

2 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  11:26:26 AM  Show Profile Send scroud a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cruella, you said it! How can a city councilor, Rosa DiFlorio, vote on the side of the Everett people or maintain objectivity, when she is asked to vote on an issue involving GTA and Wood Waste(Read Anthony Rossi)? No wonder Rosa has not been very public with either GTA's involvement or that of Wood waste at Swetzter(Sp.) Circle and in other projects throughout the city. Mum's is the word; it could cost her son's job if she were to condemn the favoritism being shown to GTA by Carlo DeMaria. Yet another great example of what governs this city: Self Interest! This is Pork Everett's style.

"I'd rather be scroud than screwed"
Go to Top of Page

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  11:51:57 AM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If ANYONE has a relative that is involved with Wood Waste, whether it be a cousin who is the attorney.....whatever....they should EXCUSE themselves from any vote..... [i]Tails

Tails.... you are on the right track. Not only SHOULD they; they are REQUIRED to by law.

Lets see; all the relatives and all the individuals who are going to benefit by selling their votes down the river.

That should leave about a half of them on the Council and two on the Board. Pretty damn sad if you ask me.

WHY aren't the local papers calling them out on this? Better yet... why isn't the state marching in here? What is the matter with us? Are we that lame and pathetic that we dont demand more?

What a terrific arguement for Charter Reform. Who has the signature sheets?

"Cruller DaHville"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  12:10:26 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The local papers are in fear, that's why. The Mayor stormed into the Leader Herald screaming at them for their commentary on Wood Waste. The commentary was very well written and showed good and bad for both sides.

How about screaming at Wood Waste who was using the CITIES water hydrant in the old city yards. How about screaming at Wood Waste for the fire department being sent down there 25 times since January and GOD FORBID a fire fighter was hurt, or worse responding to nonsense from Thibeault.

I wouldn't like the intimidation of that BIG GUY coming after me screaming. That would not stop me though and if one hair on their heads was out of place, or their property, I would call Alan Dershowitz.

I think the days of all this intimidation should be half over. Thank goodness.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  12:15:19 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Click on the link below to get the current status of the charter reform bill that is currently in the state legislature:

You must be logged in to see this link.

Please be aware that the charter change bill that prohibited a City of Everett candidate from running for more than one office at the same time sat for six months between the time that it was ordered to the third reading and the third reading actually took place. I have no idea when this bill needs to be passed by so that charter reform question can appear on next year's ballot.
Go to Top of Page

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  12:46:55 PM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is a very sad day here in our city. I have had this arguement several times recently with people who, like us, are fed up. They point to those individuals who have great ideas and wanted to do something proactive in our community getting their rear ends handed to them. They point to the past when people believed horrid rumors and well meaning, hard working people were lambasted in the press and in forums such as this.

Where did that get us........ it opened the doors for this horror show; a place where people are self centered and only care about lining their pockets.

Remember when government service was not a place where you got rich? It was a place where individuals who worked for the public good were reveared and the most they got was a hearty handshake and immense respect.

So, what happens now? No one will come out of the darkness to demand honesty and good government. Subsequently, good, honest politicians dont feel that valid and honest platforms will be backed by the electorate.

To beat a machine such as this you need a pant load of money. You also need people.......like US..... who will actually come out and say we've had enough.

The truth isn't always popular or easy to hear. We need it or we're done.

"Cruller DaHville"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  2:16:22 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am more disapointed in whats going on on state property. D.C.R. property. I know people that wanted to know whos doing it and where concerned for safety and the person that brought this up just grandstanded the businesses. People in Wards 5 & 6 are pissed off. They dont want anymore involvements with Woodwaste. The whole thing is a cover up. I was reminded today of a email that was going around when Brandano was kicked off and people where upset. Maybe some need to be reminded.

Thank you for your concern regarding Sweetser Circle in Everett. The Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) has a comprehensive Adopt-A-Lot program which has been in effect for many years. Although we appreciate Mr. Brandano’s best intentions, efforts and expense in keeping the circle clean and mowed, the Commonwealth has an obligation to maintain consistency on its properties. Our action at this time was as a result of a special request from the City of Everett’s City Services department.
You may be happy to learn that the DCR is sponsoring a statewide volunteer day in its parks on May 17th and Sweetser Circle is a designated Park Serve Day landscaping project for grass seeding and flower planting.
Thank you again for your interest in Massachusetts parkland.

Christina A. Doctoroff
Department of Conservation and Recreation
External Affairs and Partnerships
Community Relations Coordinator
251 Causeway St.
Boston, MA 02114
ph. 617.626.1413 fax 617.626.4999
christina.doctoroff@state.ma.us
Go to Top of Page

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  3:30:19 PM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I couldn't agree with you more Hallowed. This issue is totally distressing since it is obviously smoke and mirrors.

Its more of the same. We have to put our feet down about all of it. If we dont, what does that say about us?

Its like I alluded to above. When good people did things for the common good or for the betterment of the whole... the press, come elected officials and some unadvised venues beat them unconscious' however.......if it means cha-ching in the pockets of a select few.... its okay....

A few things to think about as it concerns Sweetster Circle: [b][i][blue]:

I sincerely hope that Councilor Millie gets a few to sign on with her and they uncover this disbacle.

"Cruller DaHville"
Go to Top of Page

johnfounder

43 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  8:32:43 PM  Show Profile Send johnfounder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweetzer Circle is turning into the Piazza DeMaria... What's next the big fountain with a statue of DeMaria, the GTA twins and Matt Laidlaw holding the grapes over the Mayor. As for the council of fools I think they all need to be investigated and run against in the next elections. Maybe next the council will have their faces craved into the side of the old Charleston Chew Building...
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  8:52:42 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnfounder

Sweetzer Circle is turning into the Piazza DeMaria... What's next the big fountain with a statue of DeMaria, the GTA twins and Matt Laidlaw holding the grapes over the Mayor. As for the council of fools I think they all need to be investigated and run against in the next elections. Maybe next the council will have their faces craved into the side of the old Charleston Chew Building...

johnfounder,
I laughed so hard at your post that I had tears. It is so true, and the rotary looks pathetic. Believe me, I have Italian/Portuguese descent, but I thought to myself tonight that the rotary looks like Casa DeMaria. It's too much, and this should not be happening, even in the e-mail from DCR above. The sad part about all this is, it’s just a way to funnel out tax payer money to “certain” people and this is okay with our "current" common council.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2