Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 City Hall
 Carlo DeMaria Unveiled
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Heisenberg

64 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  10:11:56 PM  Show Profile Send Heisenberg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Out of the BOA, the only one I can see running for Mayor is Van Campen. However, he has been running (supposedly) for many positions in this city for years and never did end up running for anything, so I don’t know about him. I really don't see any Mayoral material on the CC, but if I had to pick one person I would say Peter Napolitano, but even that's a stretch. However, I think DeMaria will get re-elected again in 2011 (which I hate saying). Jason Marcus in 2013 maybe????????????
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  10:48:51 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We need new blood with someone that doesn't owe a million favors.

That said, I heard something else that was disturbing, but it cant be verified and is only a rumor. I mention it because I'm curious if anyone else heard this. We all know the mayor is having surgery in early July and the "rumor" is that he's trying to get something pushed through the senate to have Matt Laidlaw acting mayor, instead of following the charter which states it should go to the Board of Alderman President.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  11:01:55 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails, I heard the same thing a couple of hours ago. I can't get it confirmed either. If what I am hearing is true it will certainly make me rethink my vote in this November's election. What I was told, is that the mayor is looking for special permission from the State Senate to have Matt Laidlaw as acting mayor and not the President of the Board of Alderman.

Can anyone confirm this?
Go to Top of Page

Heisenberg

64 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  11:33:14 PM  Show Profile Send Heisenberg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, dip me in butter and roll me in nuts!!! If this is true, I think this guy is going to be out sooner that 2013. If anyone has an info on/about this please post what you know.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  1:52:01 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heisenberg

Well, dip me in butter and roll me in nuts!!! If this is true, I think this guy is going to be out sooner that 2013. If anyone has an info on/about this please post what you know.

Forget Carlo.......

I'm thinking if "Sal" has anything to do with this, he's not getting my support in November. It's all personal with Carlo and not what's in the best interest of the city. The only way that can be done is through the Senate so if that does happen, Sal will loose all my respect. I had a tough enough time supporting him as I did because of the "clique" he's in and not saying anything for two years. That seems to be the thing to do....keep your mouth shut gets you a job or a favor. It does not matter if it's right or wrong. Just look at the hires.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  1:55:31 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let me also state that don't you think if a person needs to step up as acting mayor that they should have been notified by now? Has Alderman Van Campen been notified?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  07:54:39 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You would think the Alderman would know if he is going to be the acting mayor or not since (if what I hear is true) the mayor's surgery is less than 3 weeks away. Has anyone talked to the Alderman at all? I am curious if any of this rumor is true.

Edited by - massdee on 06/17/2010 07:55:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  8:09:39 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I doubt that the Legislature will do anything. Session ends on June 30 and any bills not passed die. They need to finish their budget. Also, an election year, so most won't see much of the State House in the summer months.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  8:17:45 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cozulady

I doubt that the Legislature will do anything. Session ends on June 30 and any bills not passed die. They need to finish their budget. Also, an election year, so most won't see much of the State House in the summer months.

I hope you are correct. I don't like the idea of the mayor circumventing our City Charter.
Go to Top of Page

Heisenberg

64 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  9:00:52 PM  Show Profile Send Heisenberg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

quote:
Originally posted by cozulady

I hope you are correct. I don't like the idea of the mayor circumventing our City Charter.

Circumventing the city charter???? That seems to be the "new thing" to do in this city.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  9:24:39 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, the question remains.....is the mayor going to do the right thing for the best interest of the city and follow the charter as it stands? Six weeks or longer is a long time.
Go to Top of Page

Political Hack

11 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  1:30:27 PM  Show Profile Send Political Hack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is in the city charter that the President of the BOA is the acting mayor if something happens to the mayor or he is unable to perform his duties,

Political Hack
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  1:44:20 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is in the city charter however, I have heard that this can be done through state legislation, and the state supercedes the charter.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  3:18:13 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's exactly what I have been hearing too.
Go to Top of Page

Heisenberg

64 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  11:00:18 PM  Show Profile Send Heisenberg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know who the acting mayor is going to be???? Did the General Court do anything????
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2